2024/25 Sean Dyche

His pre match press conferences and post match interviews do little to calm the anger and frustration people feel. He takes little or no responsibility for his decisions and how they have contributed to poor performances and results. Then has a pop at the fans for being frustrated. Today is a classic example. Gaslighting fans for saying they have unrealistic expectations and want European football because it’s our last season at Goodison. That’s just utter made up gibberish. I think we’d be happy with a season where we’re not scrambling around in April and May, anxiously looking at the results of other relegation candidates for a 4th season running. It’s not unreasonable for fans to be frustrated after 2 heavy defeats to start the season, where new signings have been left on the bench and we’ve only had 2 shots on target, scoring no goals. Excuse us for not singing your name on the terraces Sean. Think you’ll find some attacking intent and enough wins to pull us clear of the bottom of the league will keep fans happy this season.

I think he has done that. But it's easier to bring new ideas when you are not stuck with Michael Keane.
He doesn't have to use Michael Keane though. We have just signed a CB and the manager won't touch him.
I just hope we get a few of the injured back and Dyche gets a few of his old Shoot annuals out of the loft for inspiration and comes up with something to get us back on track as we are heading for a fall at the moment imo.

He doesn't have to use Michael Keane though. We have just signed a CB and the manager won't touch him.
I just hope we get a few of the injured back and Dyche gets a few of his old Shoot annuals out of the loft for inspiration and comes up with something to get us back on track as we are heading for a fall at the moment imo.

I'd have put OBrien in.

My point is more than they have a far more expensive and better squad, which is much easier to work with/make changes.

If that true, what’s to stop them doing the same thing to the next fella in six months time.

We’ve been through what 7 managers in the same amount of years.

Stuff like reacting to players whims have tore the guts out the club.
If players stop believing in the manager that is usually irrecoverable.
That is something that predates the era of player power .
Not saying that is necessarily the case currently but it looks a possibility.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back