if dyche was a food he would be liver

if dyche was a desert he would be an angel cake
If he was paint he’d be magnolia
If he was a car he’d be a Volvo
If he was a band he’d be Cast
If he was a film he’d be The Flintstones
If he was a comedian he’d be Andy Parsons
If he was an adjective he’d be ‘meh’

I mean if we just get rid of everyone Joe, there will be nobody left.
We had all pre-season to sort this out - problems off the pitch do not help - the full backs = no contracts - I want to remember Coleman as the great player he really was - Young it was simple BYE BYE - if we balls that up, what hope have we got looking at that team today?

The players we sold we miss - the ones we have kept are a liability - jack Harrison was bog average last season - so why keep him, he can't beat a man missed a chance to day ?

Pickford if he was great why did no club come calling - he had a howler today a great shot stopper - not an all round keeper that's why ! add to that he left the pitch laughing today - when does he ever get dropped?

We had all pre-season to sort this out - problems off the pitch do not help - the full backs = no contracts - I want to remember Coleman as the great player he really was - Young it was simple BYE BYE - if we balls that up, what hope have we got looking at that team today?

The players we sold we miss - the ones we have kept are a liability - jack Harrison was bog average last season - so why keep him, he can't beat a man missed a chance to day ?

Pickford if he was great why did no club come calling - he had a howler today a great shot stopper - not an all round keeper that's why ! add to that he left the pitch laughing today - when does he ever get dropped?

But Joe we don't have much money. Young and Coleman are cheap.

Just got back from the game. I've seen us lose to Spurs many times, but at least we showed some fight today.

The kopites are delighting in our misery and assuming that we will now turn on our players and our manager. What good will that do?

Let's not give them the satisfaction.

Is there a reason you post the same thing in different threads every time 🤔

That only works when the players have the profile or the power base in lobby - who has that power here - JT, Pickford and Branthwaite - though he wont be here long any way. All three id say very much perform for the manager.

Everyone else - can get kicked out the door as far as im concerned - or replaced within the existing squad - particularly if they are prone to undermining a manager. Either way its symptomatic of a dysfunctional club and needs rooting.

All the best managers cut the head of the snake - if you arrive at a club and there is rot - you deal with the rot - all the best have had to do it.

The tail cannot wag the dog.

Thats as true for this manager as the next or any.
You have misconstrued what I was alluding to really .
I’m not talking about rebellion .
It’s more about a loss of belief .
A collective collapse of morale , when players no longer have faith in the leadership .
It’s a failure of management really.

Don’t entirely disagree but he did avoid relegation last season and I suspect the next fella through the door will suffer similar results, similar kickback from fans and it’s him being sacked within 18 months.

When does the cycle stop? When does paying off another bloke stop being the ‘plan’?

“ negative reinforcement “

The fact that there were worse teams than us last year and we stayed up..playing the way we played … has reinforced fyches beliefs in his players, selection and tactics and makes him even more stubborn and less likely to change .

He’s associating the “ positive “ result last year ( staying up) with the approach we took and is trying to recreate the the same outcome ( staying up) and therefore will not change the approach this year as his brain now links staying up with the team and tactics he has always used …

“ negative reinforcement “

The fact that there were worse teams than us last year and we stayed up..playing the way we played … has reinforced fyches beliefs in his players, selection and tactics and makes him even more stubborn and less likely to change .

He’s associating the “ positive “ result last year ( staying up) with the approach we took and is trying to recreate the the same outcome ( staying up) and therefore will not change the approach this year as his brain now links staying up with the team and tactics he has always used …
Problem is the rest of the league has improved and we have gone backwards

His team selection is poor because he has his favourites, he needs to improve, he also needs to stop antagonizing the fanbase. Everyone knows there's tension and problems at the club, he helps no one by digging at the fans or perception. However, and I'll run to hide after saying this, he's been totally proven right with the reactions after today to be honest. It's 2 games against clubs that are miles ahead of us, we need to be honest. They blew us away, and they should, we are a bottom half team, but we're far from as bad as people are making out.

I expected us to fully get hammered these two games, and we did, I understand people want to be optimistic but in any real terms our first chance at points was always going to be Bournemouth. No other club would be having the same type of meltdown about the manager at this stage of a season, especially with the context fully of the club. People can have their opinions and say what they want, but Dyche is blamed for so many things beyond his control, people even watched the U21s the other day with the new signings being miles off full fitness, then they go and complain that Dyche isn't starting them?

This football club has enough problems, as of now Dyche is very far down the list. I would love for us to go and get a better manager, play better football and get us higher up the table, but I also have to be realistic that until we have a new owner survival is the only thing we can aim for, and Dyche achieves that. I am begging people to relax a bit, we cannot be melting down as a fanbase 2 games into the season due to losing against 2 teams that'll finish in Europe while we're missing a lot of players.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back