2024/25 Sean Dyche

We have 0 organised way of playing. You can see it when the players have the ball, they haven’t got a clue where to pass to cos their all stood still like statues waiting for the ball to be lumped in the box.

It’s the main reason we can’t break anyone down. There’s not a chance we practice any attacking transitions in training. It’s all about defensive structure and set pieces.

The attacking play in the opponents half is so aimless.

If this was true we wouldn’t have gained a single premier league point last season. Please explain how we earned 48 points if we have zero organisation, can’t pass, and have completely aimless attacking play. 48 points level with Bournemouth and Brighton under De Zerbi and Iraola. Please explain how this was achieved

Nonsense. Pickford hit 968 long passes in the past Premier League season, 77 more than Luton goalkeeper Thomas Kaminski and over 200 more than any other player in the competition.

So Dyche has nothing to do with this then?

Guess it’s Pickford’s fault for deciding to take most of the free kicks in our half and launch it into the opposition penalty box then

Maybe Kaminski should have kicked it longer a bit more, they might not have been caught in possession so often and they might not have gone down so pathetically.

Pickford’s got a good kick on him and often takes our free kicks from deep whereas centrebacks or fullbacks would do this for lots of other teams. We also have extremely good CBs in the air for offensive set pieces, I’ve seen Pickford come up to the halfway line almost to take them whereas that’s a full back for other teams.

Ultimately a long pass % doesn’t matter. You’re claiming it’s aimless hoofball with no organisation or way of playing. Please explain how this earns 48 points in the hardest league in the world if all we do is just lash it blindly down the middle of the pitch? Remember none of our players are allowed to leave our half either (apparently) so please explain how we got 48 points.

Honestly shocked the word noise isn't somewhere on here.

Appreciate the sentiment, I’m not sure this is a good choice for the main reception tho

IMG_0817.webp

If this was true we wouldn’t have gained a single premier league point last season. Please explain how we earned 48 points if we have zero organisation, can’t pass, and have completely aimless attacking play. 48 points level with Bournemouth and Brighton under De Zerbi and Iraola. Please explain how this was achieved
As stated we concentrate on set pieces and I believe over 50% of our goals came from set pieces which just isn’t sustainable.

We also scored a number of long shots last season again which you can’t rely on.

I don’t know what you’re watching if you believe we play any kind of football creating regular clear cut chances cutting teams open.

We huff and puff and hope to create something from effort.

Maybe Kaminski should have kicked it longer a bit more, they might not have been caught in possession so often and they might not have gone down so pathetically.

Pickford’s got a good kick on him and often takes our free kicks from deep whereas centrebacks or fullbacks would do this for lots of other teams. We also have extremely good CBs in the air for offensive set pieces, I’ve seen Pickford come up to the halfway line almost to take them whereas that’s a full back for other teams.

Ultimately a long pass % doesn’t matter. You’re claiming it’s aimless hoofball with no organisation or way of playing. Please explain how this earns 48 points in the hardest league in the world if all we do is just lash it blindly down the middle of the pitch? Remember none of our players are allowed to leave our half either (apparently) so please explain how we got 48 points.
So I present you with actual facts that Dyche has instructed our keeper to hoof it, more then pickford ever has in his career and ask you why and who’s responsible for it and you simply have no answer to it.

Your argument is it doesn’t matter as we got 48 points. Top effort at trying to switch it to suit your agenda though 👍

So I present you with actual facts that Dyche has instructed our keeper to hoof it, more then pickford ever has in his career and ask you why and who’s responsible for it and you simply have no answer to it.

Your argument is it doesn’t matter as we got 48 points. Top effort at trying to switch it to suit your agenda though 👍

I told you a reason why those stats are how they are, and also the irrelevance of those stats and their causal link to effective football.

You’ve ignored both to continue to push your agenda.

As stated we concentrate on set pieces and I believe over 50% of our goals came from set pieces which just isn’t sustainable.

We also scored a number of long shots last season again which you can’t rely on.

I don’t know what you’re watching if you believe we play any kind of football creating regular clear cut chances cutting teams open.

We huff and puff and hope to create something from effort.

How do we get set pieces though if we don’t cross the half way line and can’t attack? Are we taking these long shots from our own half? Who’s taking them? Are these the midfielders and wingers who don’t do any attacking?

No team apart from City and Arsenal are creating regular clear cut chances and cutting teams open. Outside of the top 6 all teams are sacrificing balance in either attack or defence to bolster the other. Their good attacking play one day is then being punished the next game as they get batted for a few. Everton fans more than most in the league just do not accept heavy scorelines going against us, we all saw the reaction just losing to Luton.

Most of the complaints on here just seem to be that we’re a lower mid table team. That’s not Dyche’s fault. People say it’s the style of football but if we were finishing in the same position playing a different way it just means we’re wide open at the back conceding goals left right and centre. Bottom half is bottom half however you’re playing. Only significant changes off the pitch is going to get us back up to challenging for leagues and trophies not the number of goal kicks Pickford takes each match or who Dyche is picking out of Young or Coleman.

I told you a reason why those stats are how they are, and also the irrelevance of those stats and their causal link to effective football.

You’ve ignored both to continue to push your agenda.
No you haven’t. I didn’t deny it was effective! You claimed we don’t hoof and I presented you hard facts and proof that we do

It’s really not that hard.

How do we get set pieces though if we don’t cross the half way line and can’t attack? Are we taking these long shots from our own half? Who’s taking them? Are these the midfielders and wingers who don’t do any attacking?

No team apart from City and Arsenal are creating regular clear cut chances and cutting teams open. Outside of the top 6 all teams are sacrificing balance in either attack or defence to bolster the other. Their good attacking play one day is then being punished the next game as they get batted for a few. Everton fans more than most in the league just do not accept heavy scorelines going against us, we all saw the reaction just losing to Luton.

Most of the complaints on here just seem to be that we’re a lower mid table team. That’s not Dyche’s fault. People say it’s the style of football but if we were finishing in the same position playing a different way it just means we’re wide open at the back conceding goals left right and centre. Bottom half is bottom half however you’re playing. Only significant changes off the pitch is going to get us back up to challenging for leagues and trophies not the number of goal kicks Pickford takes each match or who Dyche is picking out of Young or Coleman.
Nothing ever is for you. Why bother wasting time and flooding the thread with the usual waffle. Just stick to these 4 words every time someone doesn’t have the audacity to laud him. Be much easier 👍🏽

There’s a very clear one. Hoof ball is what Allardyce and Pulis did. A player launches it out the box to one striker up the pitch and the other 10 players reorganise themself in the penalty box for the next wave. The counter pressing you see from this team and the transitions we’ve done are not possible playing this way. Anyone can say they don’t like the style, that’s fine, but saying it’s just hoofball or there’s no organised way of playing is just incorrect.
Lol. It's fine is it?! Then how come as soon as someone says that they don't like it you swoop down on them barking at them about "what do they expect" and "Pep couldn't do any better"? As many, many people have stated, our football is effective at picking up enough points to stay up but it's cancer on the eyes, absolutely dreadful to watch. I bet you don't say it's fine that that's my opinion.

Mate you can get fouls without having a style of play.

Lump it up to Dom, he gets fouled/defender knocks it out for a corner. I don’t really understand that point.

We spend time in the opponents half, but as I said we do nothing of note with the ball.

People take long shots as there’s no other option and fortunately a few of them went in.

Plenty of teams play a decent standard of football. I enjoy watching football, I do not enjoy watching Everton. If we’re going to finish mid table I want to actually go the game and enjoy watching my team play, not be bored stiff and annnoyed at how bad the football is every week.

You are also never going to progress as a team playing the football this fella does. There’s been a one off team in the last 20 years who had success with it and that was Leicester, but even they was based on great counter attacking play.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back