2024/25 Sean Dyche

We were level on points with 11th place last season without the deduction. I think asking for similar again isn't too much to ask for and certainly doesn't constitute high expectations. This is also including a 3 month winless streak.

Now I'd actually love for him to come out and show us where he's seeing Evertonian's ask for Europe though. Pretty sure he's said that and now regretting it since it's a complete lie. No sane Everton fan is expecting Europe.

Howe did similar at Newcastle when he took very from Bruce, the Saudis didn't sign any works beaters for him in January but he got them back to playing footy again.

It's the manager and the players' fault, both share blame but everyone wants a scapegoat.
Of course it's the players and the manager. It's also the DoF and the dysfunctional owners. Dyche, in my opinion, is not making things any better at the moment, however. That's not scapegoating, that's watching us get thrashed back to back with the same formation and same patterns of play.

It's being competitive with teams which are our competition. You are suggesting we will/should be improving every year, when the reality is our resources won't allow it.
I’m not suggesting we will or should. I’m suggesting that should be the target. If we do we do, if we don’t we don’t.

Targeting just being competitive with the newly promoted teams which infers being 17th would not be competitive in my opinion when last year we would have finished 12th (without deductions) despite going on a four month winless run and hopefully having a slightly stronger squad this year.

I agree we should have a realistic target, but nothing wrong with realistic yet reasonably ambitious.

Makes me cringe when i see "Would take 17th now"
Me too mate. So sad to see. I certainly don't expect Europe (not with this clown in charge anyway) but i definitely expect us to be nowhere near a relegation battle and to fight for every single point to get as high as we possibly can. Even dyches team are playing like they accept they will be in a relegation battle and are scared to go over the half way line. The sooner he goes the better.

I’m not suggesting we will or should. I’m suggesting that should be the target. If we do we do, if we don’t we don’t.

Targeting just being competitive with the newly promoted teams which infers being 17th would not be competitive in my opinion when last year we would have finished 12th (without deductions) despite going on a four month winless run and hopefully having a slightly stronger squad this year.

I agree we should have a realistic target, but nothing wrong with realistic yet reasonably ambitious.
For what it's worth, I think we will get roughly around the same points tally as last year.

I’ve had the impression this window that Thelwell has been entrusted with the major part of the budget and transfer strategy. Harrison and Young perhaps as far as Dyche’s preferences have been allowed to stretch.

Maybe his complaining about money comes from the fact that he’s not been able to spend the money we have spent.

Oh I think you can tell that Dyche has been feeding the players name he's been interested in to the media, Philips, Trippier being the main two ones.

Don't think Thelwell was interested in either and Dyche is not a happy bunny about it either

The major issue I have with Dyche is the fact if we go one down, it's game over.

This attitude or mentality is driven by the inability to change his style nor try and chase a game.

I thought he'd have more strings to his bow with ourselves but it doesn't appear so.

Yesterday as soon as the first one went in, we knew we'd lose. The players knew they'd lose and the spurs team knew full well they'd win.

That and his shocking volume of wins since January means I reluctantly feel it's time both parties move on.

For any new owner, they will ask 'Can I trust this guy with a transfer pot?' and 'Will he move us on considering his record to date' and I think the answer will be no.

The major issue I have with Dyche is the fact if we go one down, it's game over.

This attitude or mentality is driven by the inability to change his style nor try and chase a game.

I thought he'd have more strings to his bow with ourselves but it doesn't appear so.

Yesterday as soon as the first one went in, we knew we'd lose. The players knew they'd lose and the spurs team knew full well they'd win.

That and his shocking volume of wins since January means I reluctantly feel it's time both parties move on.
I've seen him having a impact only once that was Newcastle away last season.

Yep fair. But even then, the Isak chance goes in and its two nil.
It reminded me of that Tottenham game vs Leicester on Monday, Spurs should be up 3:0 by ht and then Cooper makes changes and all of a sudden Leicester looked competitive.

But as long as you don't score from quite decent amount of chances, you give the opponent a chance to come back...

Never eon a game from behind at us mate, think he had about a 53 game streak like that at Burnley as well before beating us from behind under Fat Sam.

That shows how absolutely appalling he is if plan A fails, he has no other way of playing

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back