2024/25 Sean Dyche

Never eon a game from behind at us mate, think he had about a 53 game streak like that at Burnley as well before beating us from behind under Fat Sam.

That shows how absolutely appalling he is if plan A fails, he has no other way of playing

Yeh. It's unsustainable isn't it and simply must feed into the mind of the players.

At one nil down it's no surprise we regularly get drilled or never look like getting an equaliser.

He should be able to get more out of them even when he's dealt with all the rubbish he's dealt with.

I will be forever grateful but I think the longer the season goes on, the more apparent it will be he should not be leading us out at BMD.

Yeh. It's unsustainable isn't it and simply must feed into the mind of the players.

At one nil down it's no surprise we regularly get drilled or never look like getting an equaliser.

He should be able to get more out of them even when he's dealt with all the rubbish he's dealt with.

I will be forever grateful but I think the longer the season goes on, the more apparent it will be he should not be leading us out at BMD.

Makes me wonder if that's another part of why we fall apart so often especially when Keane is in the side, more than most besides mcneil he knows we go one down its game over under Dyche

Been saying that all summer mate, Thelwell is now re ruining fur the system and style of manager that he wants next up
Which is the only right thing...

The transfers have to be long term thinking, no matter the manager to bring Everton back up more and more. We were around 8 players that had a contract situation longer than 2025, now it's about 13 I think.

Trippier on loan for example is a good player that would bring quality into the squad, but going into the season with bad finances that will be a issue for several seasons to come still and yet to have 3 players on RB that have expire contracts.

For any new owner, they will ask 'Can I trust this guy with a transfer pot?' and 'Will he move us on considering his record to date' and I think the answer will be no.
This point is key for me. There's loads of Dyche fans on here that claim, without any foundation in my opinion, that Dyche only plays the way he plays out of necessity. That, given the opportunity and personnel, he would play a different style of football, a style of football that he has never played in his entire career. It's poppycock.

If a new owner stabilised the finances and gave us leeway to spend money and then gave that money to Sean Dyche to spend, he would almost certainly buy hardworking players who can operate in a low block and take advantage of set piece opportunities. Because that's who he is. He should not be given that opportunity.

Been saying that all summer mate, Thelwell is now re ruining fur the system and style of manager that he wants next up
I know there's a lot of doom mongering surrounding the players at our disposal, but I think we have a more transferable squad - to a more progressive style of manager - than we had last season.

It's still not great, but I no longer think it's Dyche-suited at the expense of other styles, particularly.

It's actually a rare thing to happen to get that immediate success. Maybe time for Everton to appoint a promising Spanish manager that isn't outdated. Emery was an elite level manager in the decade before joining Villa, pretty surprised they able to get him and I still think he sacked to soon at Arsenal.

Obviously biased when it comes to Basque, but there are Emery, Lopetegui, Andoni and Arteta + Xabi Alonso and Luis that won the Euros. Pretty good output for a region that has slightly over 2m people.
I`m a fan of Andoni Iraola and the way he plays but the days of attracting managers from even Bournemouth (With all due respect to them) have now gone.

I`m a fan of Andoni Iraola and the way he plays but the days of attracting managers from even Bournemouth (With all due respect to them) have now gone.
Nope, and I can only see us getting someone like him, Glasner or Frank when they are out of job, as we shouldn't pay fees for managers.

Very doubtful that he would still have the support of Everton fans, with the start he had there.

As well as I see Bournemouth slightly better with the squad short term, long term Everton, but that takes a few yeras.

I think this situation changes completely with a new owner and the new stadium.

Right now you'd be mad to work for us in it's current guise.

But if you are presented with an opportunity to manage Everton in the new stadium with a new owner and likely at the end of our main FFP pain as well as no further points deductions, then it's probably the best opportunity outside of the top six and Newcastle in English Football.

I think this situation changes completely with a new owner and the new stadium.

Right now you'd be mad to work for us in it's current guise.

But if you are presented with an opportunity to manage Everton in the new stadium with a new owner and likely at the end of our main FFP pain as well as no further points deductions, then it's probably the best opportunity outside of the top six and Newcastle in English Football.
We have a lot of wages coming off at the end of the season. New stadium, will have higher turnover and commercial sponsorship will be up. We will have the ability to spend in the summer, we just need to do it wisely. So with a new owner, new stadium and the ability to change the team we will be very attractive. The main focus is ensuring we go into next season as premier league team.

Just putting this here. Idealist will be next.

IMG_8211.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back