2024/25 Sean Dyche

Maybe. Am I meant to feel embarrassed for still backing a manager 2 games in? I didn't want him sacked after the last game of last season, so excuse me for not flipping 2 games in to the season.

Just so you know though, I reserve the right to turn on him at any time I choose.
No you shouldnt feel embarrassed its your opinion.

Tell me what you see mate to justify giving him more time?

This isnt just based on the first 2 games its based on we havent won a game when conceding first
We very rarely even draw when going a goal down
We dont score or create, he averages less than a goal a game in his 10 year career
We have won 4 games this year
He went 4 months without winning, when the previous 2 managers where fired for the same thing
The football is disgusting
The results are awful

He’s nuts to persist with Keane at cb, even if branthwaite isn’t fit. Crying out for changes across the board, but we see nothing.

A few of the kids and the new lads may get a game against Donny, but I bet he will have the usual suspects back in against Bournemouth, with the inevitable performance and result that will bring.

It’s like he has selective amnesia.

He’s nuts to persist with Keane at cb, even if branthwaite isn’t fit. Crying out for changes across the board, but we see nothing.

A few of the kids and the new lads may get a game against Donny, but I bet he will have the usual suspects back in against Bournemouth, with the inevitable performance and result that will bring.

It’s like he has selective amnesia.
He wants sacking, everything he does and says screams sack me.

Instead of continually deflecting and blaming everyone else but himself and his coaching team, maybe he could try and change something on the pitch - breaking up this underperforming Harrison/McNeil/Doucoure thing would be a good start
He changed his suit to a tracky last season pffft ffs mate give him a chance at least he's trying something.

No you shouldnt feel embarrassed its your opinion.

Tell me what you see mate to justify giving him more time?

1-This isnt just based on the first 2 games its based on we havent won a game when conceding first
2-We very rarely even draw when going a goal down
3-We dont score or create, he averages less than a goal a game in his 10 year career
4-We have won 4 games this year
5-He went 4 months without winning, when the previous 2 managers where fired for the same thing
6-The football is disgusting
7-The results are awful

All Genuine concerns. I've edited and numbered your points, and will reply below:

1 - A fair concern. For me it comes down to the lack of goalscorers we have. Obviously we could play more expansively, but I still think we would struggle for goals. It's a trade for me. Would we have a better goal difference if we opened up? As in would the extra goals scored be greater than the inevitable amount we would concede more? For me, I don't think it would be. But you know what, he's not the only defensive manager out there. I've got no problems with him being defensive if we're actually hard to beat, but that hasn't been the case in the last two games. If it carries on, he will have to go.

2 - He's a defensive manager by nature, his teams aren't going to be great at getting on the front foot. I have no problem with a defensive manger. Not with this group of players. Again though, as long as we're actually hard to beat.

3 - Points 1 and 2 pretty much cover it.

4 - Not great like, but we've picked up the points needed, and in incredibly trying, and somewhat unprecedented circumstances, that many argue to have been the result of corruption at worst, or a power play at best.

5 - The 4 month thing was always blown out of proportion, imo. 4 months makes it sound like nearly half a season, when in fact, it was nothing like that in terms of league games actually played. How many league games was it? I can't remember now. We also happened to play spurs and city twice in that run, and picked up a good few draws also. Don't get me wrong, it was grim, but it does seem like people like to trot that stat out knowing fully well it weren't as bad as the raw numbers make it sound.

6- Again, no problem with negative football, with this squad of players. I'd be interested to know how many would be happy to see exciting attacking football if the cost was actual relegation?

7- 48 points, all things considered, was a good return last season. I will be watching the next 2 games closely before I have anything else to say on the matter now. Have a nice week.

All Genuine concerns. I've edited and numbered your points, and will reply below:

1 - A fair concern. For me it comes down to the lack of goalscorers we have. Obviously we could play more expansively, but I still think we would struggle for goals. It's a trade for me. Would we have a better goal difference if we opened up? As in would the extra goals scored be greater than the inevitable amount we would concede more? For me, I don't think it would be. But you know what, he's not the only defensive manager out there. I've got no problems with him being defensive if we're actually hard to beat, but that hasn't been the case in the last two games. If it carries on, he will have to go.

2 - He's a defensive manager by nature, his teams aren't going to be great at getting on the front foot. I have no problem with a defensive manger. Not with this group of players. Again though, as long as we're actually hard to beat.

3 - Points 1 and 2 pretty much cover it.

4 - Not great like, but we've picked up the points needed, and in incredibly trying, and somewhat unprecedented circumstances, that many argue to have been the result of corruption at worst, or a power play at best.

5 - The 4 month thing was always blown out of proportion, imo. 4 months makes it sound like nearly half a season, when in fact, it was nothing like that in terms of league games actually played. How many league games was it? I can't remember now. We also happened to play spurs and city twice in that run, and picked up a good few draws also. Don't get me wrong, it was grim, but it does seem like people like to trot that stat out knowing fully well it weren't as bad as the raw numbers make it sound.

6- Again, no problem with negative football, with this squad of players. I'd be interested to know how many would be happy to see exciting attacking football if the cost was actual relegation?

7- 48 points, all things considered, was a good return last season. I will be watching the next 2 games closely before I have anything else to say on the matter now. Have a nice week.
1. The lack of goalscorers could be used in Dyches defence 'if' we was creating chances and not putting them away! Me you and everyone else knows DCL biggest strength is getting on the end of crosses from the byline, our wingers go inside and our FBs dont overlap. Thats on the manager!

2. If your going to be a defensive manager and play drab football you better get results, he doesnt. He serves us both ends of the shiity stick.

6. .I would rather see exciting football and go down than drab football and go down. He is making these players worse than what they are capable off.
Im not saying they are great but they are better than what they are showing, the reason why they are not performing is his tactics.

7. Dyche getting 48 points is a once in a lifetime achievement, his record over 10 years says he averages about 38 points. That puts us in a dog fight all season and we may not be so lucky this time.

The Dychettes ain't changing their mind till he's sacked and even after he's sacked for being crap, they will still claim he was doing a good job.

It's a combination of a cult and posters who mindlessly back anything and everything Everton do.
Sadly there's a lot of blues, who think complaining about way club operates is "Kopite Behaviour". Things are a mess, long before Dyche came in. Nobody expects us to be winning every game, however it is reasonable to think we would replace Lukaku nearly 10 years after he left. Dyche is yet another Everton employee we have had, whose more interested in his ego than club.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back