2024/25 Sean Dyche

Maybe that’s the thing with Dyche. Maybe we expect as s supporter base a little more progression each year to get us back into the top 10 then to push on, but last season may well have been a limit of what he can do. Great if you’re like Burnley and that’s enough, but that not enough for us (and I don’t mean winning trophies or getting into Europe this season)

Maybe that’s the thing with Dyche. Maybe we expect as s supporter base a little more progression each year to get us back into the top 10 then to push on, but last season may well have been a limit of what he can do. Great if you’re like Burnley and that’s enough, but that not enough for us (and I don’t mean winning trophies or getting into Europe this season)
What do you think the limits of this actual squad are, given our financial situation?

What do you think the limits of this actual squad are, given our financial situation?
Hard to tell, given we have new recruits who haven’t really been played yet, but I would have thought that the new recruits were recruited to meet the creative needs of the team so hopefully at least as good as last season more attacking intent would see a marginal progression in style, attacking stats e.g. goals scored and improvement in points e.g. 50 plus

Hard to tell, given we have new recruits who haven’t really been played yet, but I would have thought that the new recruits were recruited to meet the creative needs of the team so hopefully at least as good as last season more attacking intent would see a marginal progression in style, attacking stats e.g. goals scored and improvement in points e.g. 50 plus
I hope we do build on last year, but I am not that optimistic. The new signings have zero PL experience before this year, so we can only hope they adapt and take us up a notch in that respect. Also, iirc, we did fairly well in avoiding injuries to key players for most of last season, not sure we'll be as lucky again.

I think the financial restraints and the effects on squad depth, will bite us on the arse this season tbh.

I hope we do build on last year, but I am not that optimistic. The new signings have zero PL experience before this year, so we can only hope they adapt and take us up a notch in that respect. Also, iirc, we did fairly well in avoiding injuries to key players for most of last season, not sure we'll be as lucky again.

I think the financial restraints and the effects on squad depth, will bite us on the arse this season tbh.
Possibly, if the unforeseen does occur e.g. injuries then I think a reasonable supporter would agree it is difficult to manage those scenarios with the lack of quality squad depth we have. It’s just making sure that when we do have players available we make the most of them. I’ve not see any of that in the last two team selections.

It's like people forget we keep selling our best players. Onana, Gordon and Iwobi have been sold in the last 18 months. Before that it was Digne and Richarlison. On top of that we've had the likes of Gomes, Mina and Iceland walk out for free.

A normal well run club would just replace those players sold with like for like replacements, whereas we have basically had to use the money to round out a rapidly declining squad.

Dyche needs to get a grip and turn this poor start around. If we're gonna start Harrison and McNeil as wide men, you'd expect to be hard to beat, and leaking 7 goals in 2 games is not good enough if he's prepared to die on the hill of being workmanlike and well organised.

Let's not pretend this is all on Dyche though. We're in such a state because of the actions of one man: Farhad Moshiri. Everything that is wrong at this club right now is down to him and his dodgy mates.

It's like people forget we keep selling our best players. Onana, Gordon and Iwobi have been sold in the last 18 months. Before that it was Digne and Richarlison. On top of that we've had the likes of Gomes, Mina and Iceland walk out for free.

A normal well run club would just replace those players sold with like for like replacements, whereas we have basically had to use the money to round out a rapidly declining squad.

Dyche needs to get a grip and turn this poor start around. If we're gonna start Harrison and McNeil as wide men, you'd expect to be hard to beat, and leaking 7 goals in 2 games is not good enough if he's prepared to die on the hill of being workmanlike and well organised.

Let's not pretend this is all on Dyche though. We're in such a state because of the actions of one man: Farhad Moshiri. Everything that is wrong at this club right now is down to him and his dodgy mates.
For all the people still behind this fraud of a manager, whens the turning point?

A defeat at the weekend?
Wait until we are 5 points adrift of safety?
Stick with him regardless?

This assumes that we have improved but everyone else has not.

For all the people still behind this fraud of a manager, whens the turning point?

A defeat at the weekend?
The Dychettes ain't changing their mind till he's sacked and even after he's sacked for being crap, they will still claim he was doing a good job.

It's a combination of a cult and posters who mindlessly back anything and everything Everton do.

A defeat at the weekend?

Maybe. Am I meant to feel embarrassed for still backing a manager 2 games in? I didn't want him sacked after the last game of last season, so excuse me for not flipping 2 games in to the season.

Just so you know though, I reserve the right to turn on him at any time I choose.

The Dychettes ain't changing their mind till he's sacked and even after he's sacked for being crap, they will still claim he was doing a good job.

It's a combination of a cult and posters who mindlessly back anything and everything Everton do.
They will blame everything else but him, but Lampard and Benitez where terrible managers.

This fella would take the Villa squad now and have them 17th-18th within 3 months.

I hope we sack him soon because i want to go back to Goodison to watch us play.

They will blame everything else but him, but Lampard and Benitez where terrible managers.

This fella would take the Villa squad now and have them 17th-18th within 3 months.

I hope we sack him soon because i want to go back to Goodison to watch us play.
It's horrid, I'm taking my Grandson at the moment so putting on a happy face on matchdays, but it's not enjoyable and hasn't been for years.

But hey, now and again we get 2-0 Liverpool.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back