2024/25 Sean Dyche

If you thought he was the right manager for Everton, then 2 games of a new season shouldn't really sway your opinion so much that you think he should be sacked.

It's kneejerk.

Devils advocate, a lot of times when faced with a situation they inside know won't change people can psychologically adapt by convincing themselves the current situation is fine.

Think we have that going on with a lot (myself included) with Dyche, thing is though it's not a opinion held out of deeply held belief, so it's very very easy for the facade to break and the guy feeling yo come out.

I've argued Dyche deserved the chance to show he can improve the style of play etc, that he can adapt the team, two games and another joke of a pre season preparation took that wall down, the reality behind it is a manager for me no different to Allardyce, a style of play that makes me feel relieved when i have to work during a game so miss it.

Is it knee jerk to want him gone, maybe it is, was changing opinion based on the relief of getting safe last year and then saying ok Dyche deserves the chance to show us, again maybe it was then too.

Are a lot of the people changing opinion now doing so because they were just genuinely terrified of getting in another Frank or Fat Spaniard disaster, moreso than thinking Dyche is the right man for the job...

How many want Dyche purely because they see him as the safest best worst option.

My own opinion now, nothing more.

Going into the summer, I looked at it being a fresh start chance for him to spend time working on things trying to at least slightly modify it, nope he's not even arsed - he has his style and frankly that's it, you could give Dyche sny team sns he'd focus on 'fitness' (yet we never look particularly fit) he'll look to give up possession and sit in a low block with an 11 made up of players who 'run hard' over any other quality.

Am I sick and tired of watching us under Dyche, yup, because I've seen it all before, Fat Sam, Koeman to a large extent, FSW, now Dyche, it grinds you down as a fan watching it year after year.

You came on here, and to be honest mate I wouldn’t dream of posting on a Leeds forum. Why on earth would I, can’t think of any reason?

Yeah actually finding a Leeds forum would be difficult anyway, unless you're from there you'd never imagine typing in 'slept with my sister' would be the biggest Leeds fan forum would you?

Think we have that going on with a lot (myself included) with Dyche, thing is though it's not a opinion held out of deeply held belief, so it's very very easy for the facade to break and the guy feeling yo come out.

I've argued Dyche deserved the chance to show he can improve the style of play etc, that he can adapt the team, two games and another joke of a pre season preparation took that wall down, the reality behind it is a manager for me no different to Allardyce, a style of play that makes me feel relieved when i have to work during a game so miss it.

Is it knee jerk to want him gone, maybe it is, was changing opinion based on the relief of getting safe last year and then saying ok Dyche deserves the chance to show us, again maybe it was then too.

Are a lot of the people changing opinion now doing so because they were just genuinely terrified of getting in another Frank or Fat Spaniard disaster, moreso than thinking Dyche is the right man for the job...

How many want Dyche purely because they see him as the safest best worst option.

Going into the summer, I looked at it being a fresh start chance for him to spend time working on things trying to at least slightly modify it, nope he's not even arsed - he has his style and frankly that's it, you could give Dyche sny team sns he'd focus on 'fitness' (yet we never look particularly fit) he'll look to give up possession and sit in a low block with an 11 made up of players who 'run hard' over any other quality.

Am I sick and tired of watching us under Dyche, yup, because I've seen it all before, Fat Sam, Koeman to a large extent, FSW, now Dyche, it grinds you down as a fan watching it year after year.
On top of that. The worrying thing is our trademark of last season the defensive organisation and compactness was not there in the 2 opening games.

Devils advocate, a lot of times when faced with a situation they inside know won't change people can psychologically adapt by convincing themselves the current situation is fine.

Why are some of our fans saying i would take 17th now? Its because of the manager
Lets say we had Emery or Howe right now with the same squad and off field stuff would fans be saying 'il bite ye hand off for 17th' no they wouldnt.

By keeping this fella the mentality by the club and the fans is as we are seeing now 'Stay in the league'

The longer we take to fire him it lowers the quality of manager we can attract next, if its done now the new manager is basically got a full season.
If we sit on our hands until November December and then we are 7-8 points adrift of safety then it becomes more difficult to attract.

I dont care what mess were in managing Everton FC (or any established club) in The PL, hundreds of managers would jump at the chance from all leagues from around Europe to come here. They will get a bigger salary than they've ever had and they would become a household name overnight.

Why are some of our fans saying i would take 17th now? Its because of the manager
Lets say we had Emery or Howe right now with the same squad and off field stuff would fans be saying 'il bite ye hand off for 17th' no they wouldnt.

By keeping this fella the mentality by the club and the fans is as we are seeing now 'Stay in the league'

The longer we take to fire him it lowers the quality of manager we can attract next, if its done now the new manager is basically got a full season.
If we sit on our hands until November December and then we are 7-8 points adrift of safety then it becomes more difficult to attract.

I dont care what mess were in managing Everton FC (or any established club) in The PL, hundreds of managers would jump at the chance from all leagues from around Europe to come here. They will get a bigger salary than they've ever had and they would become a household name overnight.

Totally agree.

I'll add something as well, one thing Dyche has changed in great part is the players by and large do put the effort in and do work hard most games - rare exceptions excluded.

So in a way similar to what Moyes had the squad like when Bobby came in with more progressive ideas and you saw the effect of that solid defensive structure with graft blended with a manager who got them to believe they could actually play as well.

Yeah it didn't last as Martinez was that awful on certain aspects if training that eventually the legacy of Moyes eroded and we saw the results.

But a new manager with the right ideas could very much benefit from what Dyche did.

Team selection against Bournemouth is key for me.....

He must try something different, it's obvious isn't it? if he persists time and time again getting the same results, his time is up for me.

Great work for holding premier league status last year, but he can't dine out on that all season.

I read a lot of posters want this manager or that manager, but I fear for anyone new coming in.

Two good centre backs, one we've never seen play, and Michael Keane.

One good full back, yet he's not very good once he crosses the half way line.

Our best midfielder is touching 35.

Attacking midfielders are McNeil, Harrison, Lindstrom and N'Diaye

Up top DCl, Beto, and Chermiti

Yeah lads, Emery would have us top half easy.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.