2024/25 Sean Dyche

For me personally, that expectation changes as soon as we move. I've been fully accepting of 17th of better for what will be three years now, and have been satisfied with the end result as it was always just x more seasons until we move.

The club will have been through at least three separate exclusivity periods with potential new owners and it will be an utter travesty if we're not in new hands by then.

Also, this should be the current manager's final season with us unless we can navigate us to a mid-table finish, which obviously he won't be able to.

Lots of change hopefully for the better and a solid deadline has been put in place for the start of our new era.
I would happily accept that premise: new ground, new start
It would without question mean not renewing Dyche's contract though because he is not capable of competing at a higher level the way football is changing and other teams are playing.
So that puts pressure on this season as it is his last year. Will he care? Even if he does care will it be enough for 17th, early signs suggest a major struggle.

I've taken a real turn against Dyche now that he seems to have lost the qualities I liked most about him to begin with such as 'roll up your sleeves', 'taking responsibility' etc. He sounds like someone in self preservation mode and I have a lot less confidence.

Just like with players, if we aren't renewing his contract we should look to replace and if we are renewing it then we may be looking at a grim 'happy with 17th' long term future

He seems to be very rattled. His calmness was a reassuring feature since he has been here. In general I thought there was an air of optimism with all things Everton in the summer until the TFG collapse. Maybe that has affected him as well as everyone else but even so you have to dust yourself down and get on with things.

Any credit won in football never lasts. You are only as good as the last result.

He needs to pick himself and the squad up quickly. Nobody is going to hand us points. They only take them away.

Must be horrible being Dyche.

Keeps an awful group of players up, twice, with no money.

A slow start against two top-half sides and the underbelly of 'we just don't like Dyche' is out like a rash on here.

It's a miracle we're in the Prem, he's probably as fed up as anyone else we shed Onana for Tim Iron-bum, whilst Garner, Branthwaite and the likes of Patterson out (AGAIN in Nathan's case). Bambi's fit though for the time being. No one interested n Maupay, whom Dyche didn't buy either.

Yet we seldom zone in on the absolutely loathesome culture that's presided within so much of this squad pre-Dyche, and which would've seen us down under Benitez and Lampard. Last season Dyche was like 2 points of Ancelotti's total I think without the deduction. With this squad? Insane. Don't turn on the guy! Or do and see where that lands us...

We need Sean to be at 100% getting this AWFUL collection of footballers to scrape past 3 of Ipswich, Saints, Leicester, Palace and maybe Wolves with some luck. Though think O'Neill has more credit in the bank than Dyche does with us, despite having only performed a miracle once.

If I would zone in on anything at our club it's why do we look man-for-man weaker, slower and leggier than the opposition. Why are our key talents crocked at the start of the season? Who are our medical team and why are they unaccountable?

Sean's done a great job with what he's got which is very little.

Here's to miracle no.3 - thanks Sean.

P.S. And a win vs Bournemouth and we're at a 1pt a game, which easily sees us up. AGAIN.

A slow start against two top-half sides and the underbelly of 'we just don't like Dyche' is out like a rash on here.

It's a miracle we're in the Prem, he's probably as fed up as anyone else we shed Onana for Tim Iron-bum, whilst Garner, Branthwaite and the likes of Patterson out (AGAIN in Nathan's case). Bambi's fit though for the time being. No one interested n Maupay, whom Dyche didn't buy either.

Yet we seldom zone in on the absolutely loathesome culture that's presided within so much of this squad pre-Dyche, and which would've seen us down under Benitez and Lampard. Last season Dyche was like 2 points of Ancelotti's total I think without the deduction. With this squad? Insane. Don't turn on the guy! Or do and see where that lands us...

We need Sean to be at 100% getting this AWFUL collection of footballers to scrape past 3 of Ipswich, Saints, Leicester, Palace and maybe Wolves with some luck. Though think O'Neill has more credit in the bank than Dyche does with us, despite having only performed a miracle once.

If I would zone in on anything at our club it's why do we look man-for-man weaker, slower and leggier than the opposition. Why are our key talents crocked at the start of the season? Who are our medical team and why are they unaccountable?

P.S. And a win vs Bournemouth and we're at a 1pt a game, which easily sees us up. AGAIN.
Hi Sean 👋🏼 - welcome to the forum!

Yet we seldom zone in on the absolutely loathesome culture that's presided within so much of this squad pre-Dyche
would this include those he persists in playing like Keane despite being part of that culture and proving time and time again that he isn't good enough.
Playing Young against Mitoma when a faster, younger defender was available

We'll call out Dyche when he takes a pop at fans instead of admitting on even the tiniest level that he may have got something wrong.
0-7 is a shocking start and it's on Dyche because he prepared the team poorly

Not starting the new players and complaining about losing players, one of which he dropped for our best run

This time he did it to himself. We brought in several players and had plenty of excuses to play them and he would have been let off the hook. He isn’t really looking for solutions to our goalscoring problems during an injury crisis (which is exactly the time to look for solutions!!!). Now he has backed himself into a corner and he probably has no choice but to double down. We really need that Bournemouth game.

It would have been really nice if Jakey had gotten some experience beforehand. Ndiaye and Lestrom could have used some productive minutes. Dom wants out and has made it apparent with his effort and Dyche still opts to start him over Beto who could really use some experience and confidence.

Good on him for giving Dixon and Tim chances. He does play young players unlike some of our past managers. That isn’t enough.

Make no mistake this happened because of Dyche

This time he did it to himself. We brought in several players and had plenty of excuses to play them and he would have been let off the hook. He isn’t really looking for solutions to our goalscoring problems during an injury crisis (which is exactly the time to look for solutions!!!). Now he has backed himself into a corner and he probably has no choice but to double down. We really need that Bournemouth game.

It would have been really nice if Jakey had gotten some experience beforehand. Ndiaye and Lestrom could have used some productive minutes. Dom wants out and has made it apparent with his effort and Dyche still opts to start him over Beto who could really use some experience and confidence.

Good on him for giving Dixon and Tim chances. He does play young players unlike some of our past managers. That isn’t enough.
The time to look for solutions to the goalscoring issues was at the end of last season when we were safe. But Everton managers never see opportunities for development.

He seems to be very rattled. His calmness was a reassuring feature since he has been here. In general I thought there was an air of optimism with all things Everton in the summer until the TFG collapse. Maybe that has affected him as well as everyone else but even so you have to dust yourself down and get on with things.

Any credit won in football never lasts. You are only as good as the last result.

He needs to pick himself and the squad up quickly. Nobody is going to hand us points. They only take them away.
He went through things a lot of managers haven't in 5 years in the same clubs, but seemed to be resistent to all of that. It doesn't feel to same the last weeks. It feels like he takes everything for granted, questionable answers about fans or players or tactics.

Ralf Rangnick had been reportedly lined up for a return to the Premier League as manager of Everton by prospective owners the Friedkin Group before their takeover of the Merseyside club collapsed.
If that is true, I wonder whether that means TFG have no further genuine plans to reignite any interest. Seems a little wierd they’d let this be known if we were still in their plans

Regardless of whether you feel he achieved a miracle or not for the last two seasons, and the recent collapse of TGF deal aside, I think people just want to see some progression of playing style. Only two games in, but when he is selecting the players he’s selecting he’s always going to be on a hiding to nothing with those performance. It also doesn’t help when what, 2 or 3 shots on target in two games and a minus GD of 7? I think just off pre season and those games, people are questioning whether he’s capable of moving forward. He showed on 10 years at Burnley albeit with a smaller budget, he did not really progress their style. (And please no one mention the goal they scored at our place, it was a one off!)

Hi Kev👋🏼 - welcome to the forum!

Putting a slightly unusual positive spin on it, he’s got two home games now. If he can get through these with two wins whilst embedding all of the new players a little more, the weekend will look a little rosier. It doesn’t feel an unreasonably tall order that even though Bournemouth will be challenging.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back