2024/25 Sean Dyche

Who do you support?

Leeds. So I can see a team with relegation written all over it. Not that it should matter who I support, although I am biased. I was disecting three dreadful goals. I mean basically Sini was totally unmarked for a start. I keep saying it, you'll stay up as there are worse teams than you, but you are not a good team.

I care about Everton not Dyche, but the thing is that if we had our usual CB pairing today we win with ease.

It's ok saying get shut of Dyche but IMO if we keep him we stay up and by some margin. He's done it for two previous seasons and he'll get us safe again. We change him at our own peril because, although I think we now have a few players brought in to allow us to play a different way with another manager who'll focus on possession more, the danger is we get the choice wrong and then relegation really does become a reality.

The old idiom is applicable here that it's better the devil you know.
A devil is a devil
I'm not as confident as you about him keeping us up this year
The first 3 games suggest he will struggle

The only thing that makes me confident about us staying up is that we have not gone down in my lifetime, it isn't Dyche
Half decent manager could keep this team up easily

I cant argue with that. After the last three performances only a dope would argue the opposite.

But the overwhelming evidence from 1.5 seasons prior to this start is that he knows how to get us safe.

That's what he's here for: to get us to 17th or above. He'll get us that and so can other managers...but if you pick one to replace him who falls on his face we are in a world of trouble.

I say stick and dont twist...for now.
he's won 5 league games in 2024. Liverpool and 4 rubbish teams.
Thats it.

I'm not sure where this confidence that he keeps us up comes from
He's turned us in to blue Burnley and he got them relegated... twice

I completely agree with some posters on here that whatever 11 out there on the pitch should be focussed enough and professionally enough not for that to happen.

The question I am asking is should have some of them been out there either due to fatigue or due to tactics. My conclusion is no, and if that is the case then that is in the manager especially in light of the multitude of changes the Bournemouth manager made which he did not react to, despite saying he would ‘smell it’ in his post match interview.

The manager can indeed sniff it.

I think at 85 minutes if we were playing an Arsenal or a Chelsea and were 1-0 in a bearpit Goodison, the game doesn't end 1-3 with 9 minutes to go, for two reasons:

1. The players would be switched on.

2. The tactics are to contain the lead.

We battered Bournemouth today and complacency had clearly set in. Once it went to 2-1, the players didnt know how to react.

I put some blame on the manager for not changing the system, but 80% of the blame goes to the players on the pitch. Whenever they try playing football we concede far too many goals.

Its why even great managers like Ancelotti & Benitez who have won Champions Leagues and La Liga titles played conservative football here.

In a stable, properly run club I would expect that Dyche wouldn’t have survived the long periods of poor form endured last season. Today’s debacle and the poor start to the season just adds petrol to the fire. If Dyche stays I imagine we could stay up by the skin of our teeth but it will be yet another ugly frustrating season. If a change of manager is the choice then do it now. Don’t persevere with Dyche until the situation becomes desperate as we have done on a number of occasions in recent years.

Leeds. So I can see a team with relegation written all over it. Not that it should matter who I support, although I am biased. I was disecting three dreadful goals. I mean basically Sini was totally unmarked for a start. I keep saying it, you'll stay up as there are worse teams than you, but you are not a good team.
So you have experience of the smell and feel of premiership relegation?

he's won 5 league games in 2024. Liverpool and 4 rubbish teams.
Thats it.

I'm not sure where this confidence that he keeps us up comes from
He's turned us in to blue Burnley and he got them relegated... twice
That's way too harsh.

The name of the game is to stay up in the short term. Does it matter if he's doing that?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back