2024/25 Sean Dyche

I care about Everton not Dyche, but the thing is that if we had our usual CB pairing today we win with ease.

It's ok saying get shut of Dyche but IMO if we keep him we stay up and by some margin. He's done it for two previous seasons and he'll get us safe again. We change him at our own peril because, although I think we now have a few players brought in to allow us to play a different way with another manager who'll focus on possession more, the danger is we get the choice wrong and then relegation really does become a reality.

The old idiom is applicable here that it's better the devil you know.
But he’s become a focal point of our poor start to the season. There is no doubt that he has made poor team selections, adopted poor team tactics and showed poor in game management. All in three games. If he is to get it right he has to do so very, very quickly. He says he’s still trying to figure out what went wrong. He should look in the mirror, but I don’t think the guy is so introspective.

We can have ‘be careful what you wish for’ as being our mantra and an excuse for inaction. We may as well change our motto to that.

An observation after seeing the goals for me is how you lot were either dead on your feet or gave up. Or a mixture of the two. The winner from that rat Sini was all about Pickford making a terrible choice as the defence had melted away like they had twice before. Well that and totally dreadful marking, and I use that term lighltly. Oh dear.

The current devil has us on 0 points, a goal difference of -8 after playing Brighton, Bournemouth and Spurs. For context, newly promoted Ipswich have played 1 point, a goal difference of -5 after playing Liverpool, Man City and Fulham. It's not very impressive, is it?
No it's not. I offer no defence of his start to the season.

But we know, because we lived through it, that he gets us sorted out eventually to pick up enough points.

The time now is for steady nerves and to ride out this awful start.

An observation after seeing the goals for me is how you lot were either dead on your feet or gave up. Or a mixture of the two. The winner from that rat Sini was all about Pickford making a terrible choice as the defence had melted away like they had twice before. Well that and totally dreadful marking, and I use that term lighltly. Oh dear.
Who do you support?

Completely on Dyche there.

Bournemouth were absolutely petrified of N'Diaye, so much they had more players back than they'd want.

10 mins go go, Iroegburam, McNeil, Harrison absolutely done in..
Why he's left them on and taken NDiaye off is a mystery.

Completely reinvigorated then and changed how Bournemouth made the subs.

Players need to be able to switch, but it'd not necessary if Dyche manages the game correctly.
Absolutely this with bells on. As soon as Ndiaye went off nothing stuck in the final third and they doubled up out wide.

No response to this after the first goal was criminal.

If we had been 2 nil down at Bournemouth our lads would have given up.

These players fail season after season yet they keep getting more opportunities.

There is no accountability at Everton for poor performance

we’ve had this mentality for years

don’t say it’s coz of dyche
I agree we are not mentally strong as a club/team but we have never capitulated from 2-0 up in the 87th minute in the time I have been going since my first game in 1970…and that includes Sheffield United in 1975 and the Martinez West Ham example.

That was shocking management today regardless of the players culpability as Dyche put them in that position to lose our ascendancy.

The current devil has us on 0 points, a goal difference of -8 after playing Brighton, Bournemouth and Spurs. For context, newly promoted Ipswich have played 1 point, a goal difference of -5 after playing Liverpool, Man City and Fulham. It's not very impressive, is it?

We had the defensive structure and organization and a pretty good goal difference last season, this doesn't help.

We lost that stability, it's more than Keane...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back