2024/25 Sean Dyche

But he’s become a focal point of our poor start to the season. There is no doubt that he has made poor team selections, adopted poor team tactics and showed poor in game management. All in three games. If he is to get it right he has to do so very, very quickly. He says he’s still trying to figure out what went wrong. He should look in the mirror, but I don’t think the guy is so introspective.

We can have ‘be careful what you wish for’ as being our mantra and an excuse for inaction. We may as well change our motto to that.
I cant argue with that. After the last three performances only a dope would argue the opposite.

But the overwhelming evidence from 1.5 seasons prior to this start is that he knows how to get us safe.

That's what he's here for: to get us to 17th or above. He'll get us that and so can other managers...but if you pick one to replace him who falls on his face we are in a world of trouble.

I say stick and dont twist...for now.

I cant argue with that. After the last three performances only a dope would argue the opposite.

But the overwhelming evidence from 1.5 seasons prior to this start is that he knows how to get us safe.

That's what he's here for: to get us to 17th or above. He'll get us that and so can other managers...but if you pick one to replace him who falls on his face we are in a world of trouble.

I say stick and dont twist...for now.
I think that’s the pivotal question isn’t it? At what point do we twist? (Not advocating Moyes but especially given his seeming availability).

For example (and I appreciate this is a defeatist view) he can’t go on another winless run at the start of the season even if it is only half of last seasons)

I care about Everton not Dyche, but the thing is that if we had our usual CB pairing today we win with ease.

It's ok saying get shut of Dyche but IMO if we keep him we stay up and by some margin. He's done it for two previous seasons and he'll get us safe again. We change him at our own peril because, although I think we now have a few players brought in to allow us to play a different way with another manager who'll focus on possession more, the danger is we get the choice wrong and then relegation really does become a reality.

The old idiom is applicable here that it's better the devil you know.
This a sensible post with good logic behind it....I'm torn...because he's been dealt a really bad hand..and he kept us up after the points deduction farce.....but his stubbornness will be his downfall (like most managers)His in game tactics are my biggest concern..his substitutions or lack of them are pathetic...and his latest interviews are really getting on my t..i.. ts!
The next 3 games will be crucial.

The way we played for 40 minutes in the 2nd half is something a poor side can't do, we have the players here to do far better than our league position suggests.. I bought a Fender Strat and it was crap, give it to Nile Rodgers and it would sing.
The gaffers game management of this very decent side was simply pathetic and unacceptably poor. Any other manager in the top flight see's that out. Never happened in the PL era yet he manages to do it. Incredible🤬

I think that’s the pivotal question isn’t it? At what point do we twist? (Not advocating Moyes but especially given his seeming availability).

For example (and I appreciate this is a defeatist view) he can’t go on another winless run at the start of the season even if it is only half of last seasons)

The situation for me would be dictated by what's happening above us: if another 4 or so teams are 'leap overable' then he could lose the next two PL matches and still not get dismissed.

I'd find it impossible to make a case for him after that though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back