2024/25 Sean Dyche

A devil is a devil
I'm not as confident as you about him keeping us up this year
The first 3 games suggest he will struggle

The only thing that makes me confident about us staying up is that we have not gone down in my lifetime, it isn't Dyche
Half decent manager could keep this team up easily
Yes. And if we dont get a half decent manager he'll send us to the Championship.

Be careful what you wish for.

I think at 85 minutes if we were playing an Arsenal or a Chelsea and were 1-0 in a bearpit Goodison, the game doesn't end 1-3 with 9 minutes to go, for two reasons:

1. The players would be switched on.

2. The tactics are to contain the lead.

We battered Bournemouth today and complacency had clearly set in. Once it went to 2-1, the players didnt know how to react.

I put some blame on the manager for not changing the system, but 80% of the blame goes to the players on the pitch. Whenever they try playing football we concede far too many goals.

Its why even great managers like Ancelotti & Benitez who have won Champions Leagues and La Liga titles played conservative football here.
Hear what you’re saying but I think a lot of supporters could see we were dead on our feet in some areas, so whilst I accept the players are partially to blame I would slightly disagree and sa6 the manager must hold the majority of the blame, especially when he says he knew it was coming.

I agree we are not mentally strong as a club/team but we have never capitulated from 2-0 up in the 87th minute in the time I have been going since my first game in 1970…and that includes Sheffield United in 1975 and the Martinez West Ham example.

That was shocking management today regardless of the players culpability as Dyche put them in that position to lose our ascendancy.

didn’t we lose 1-3 last season to west ham at home?

Game management today was abysmal. 2-0 up and the 2 center halfs are going up for a Pickford half way free kick. Players still making difficult risky forward passes with a couple of minutes left. It should have been about ball possession. In the 3 games Dyche has shown bad team selection bad tactics and now bad game management. Today was like diagnosing if we have erectile dysfunction. We showed we can get a hard on but it's the mindset that that's wrong. The manager is not sexy enough for us.

Thats not the flex you might think it is. If he did better at a club with a "fraction of the talent we have" then he is underperforming massively.
The expectation levels at Everton (a club nowhere near its pomp as we know now) are off the charts mad. He never had that pressure at Burnley.

It's pointless trying to argue he isn't good at getting a task completed. He's done it all his career apart from that Burnley relegation season.

We should be looking to more expansive manager when we're in a position to do so and not a moment before that.

Before he took Ndiaye off Bournemouth didn't look like scoring, if anything the only team who looked like scoring was us, so he's full of crap trying to defect any blame from himself.

No we had 3-4 good chances to make the 3:0.
Ndiaye, Tarks header on the post and also a good 3-3 vs where we unfortunately didn't bring on the pass in the box and it was cleared my Kerkez eventually.

I watched the game today, just not any media thing after that....

He made those subs too late. Those 2 long shots were a warning sign. But didn't expect the team to totally go off after the 2:1.

Game management today was abysmal. 2-0 up and the 2 center halfs are going up for a Pickford half way free kick. Players still making difficult risky forward passes with a couple of minutes left. It should have been about ball possession. In the 3 games Dyche has shown bad team selection bad tactics and now bad game management. Today was like diagnosing if we have erectile dysfunction. We showed we can get a hard on but it's the mindset that that's wrong. The manager is not sexy enough for us.

erectile dysfunction 😂

Another Dyche masterclass performance.

Dyche To See You.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back