2024/25 Sean Dyche

I deal in facts only.

My biggest criticism of Dyche is his delayed subs however that doesnt explain conceeding 3 goals in 9 minutes.

Certain players may have been tired, but thats where players who want to win perform the dark arts. Fake an injury, take a yellow card etc.

Our lot were like deers in headlights.

Remember, under King Carlo we threw a 2 goal lead away to Newcastle in the space of about 3 minutes.

This club has recent form for today.
I completely agree with some posters on here that whatever 11 out there on the pitch should be focussed enough and professionally enough not for that to happen.

The question I am asking is should have some of them been out there either due to fatigue or due to tactics. My conclusion is no, and if that is the case then that is in the manager especially in light of the multitude of changes the Bournemouth manager made which he did not react to, despite saying he would ‘smell it’ in his post match interview.

The manager can indeed sniff it.

I care about Everton not Dyche, but the thing is that if we had our usual CB pairing today we win with ease.

It's ok saying get shut of Dyche but IMO if we keep him we stay up and by some margin. He's done it for two previous seasons and he'll get us safe again. We change him at our own peril, because although I think we now have a few players brought in to allow us to play a different way with another manager who'll focus on possession more the danger is we get the choice wrong and then relegation really does become a reality.

The old idiom is applicable that it's better the devil you know.

Yet Dyche still keeps on picking Keane, the worst defender at the club and has been for the past three seasons and that`s without Young even being on the pitch.

The irony is that in getting his team selection more right than he has done previously, he is highlighted his own shortcomings as a manager in failing to protect the performance that team selection yielded.

Last edited:

I care about Everton not Dyche, but the thing is that if we had our usual CB pairing today we win with ease.

It's ok saying get shut of Dyche but IMO if we keep him we stay up and by some margin. He's done it for two previous seasons and he'll get us safe again. We change him at our own peril because, although I think we now have a few players brought in to allow us to play a different way with another manager who'll focus on possession more, the danger is we get the choice wrong and then relegation really does become a reality.

The old idiom is applicable here that it's better the devil you know.
The current devil has us on 0 points, a goal difference of -8 after playing Brighton, Bournemouth and Spurs. For context, newly promoted Ipswich have played 1 point, a goal difference of -5 after playing Liverpool, Man City and Fulham. It's not very impressive, is it?

Completely on Dyche there.

Bournemouth were absolutely petrified of N'Diaye, so much they had more players back than they'd want.

10 mins go go, Iroegburam, McNeil, Harrison absolutely done in..
Why he's left them on and taken NDiaye off is a mystery.

Completely reinvigorated then and changed how Bournemouth made the subs.

Players need to be able to switch, but it'd not necessary if Dyche manages the game correctly.

He had legitimately decent options available today to help see out the game with Garner and O Brien

To make the subs he did in the circumstances shows how utterly out of his depth he is at top flight level.

As others have said this is as bad as Martinez v West Ham levels of incompetency. And unlike Roberto, Dyche doesnt have an excuse that we were down to 10.

I won't support a manager who I believe is not at the level needed to manage Everton.

Am done with Dyche today.

How every person could see what changes needed to be made but he couldn’t shows he has no game management.

Absolutely terrible management performance we should be talking about how easy it was and how good Tim and Ndaiye were.
Subs were needed 15mins before he made them thing other thing is he made the wrong subs guys a clown

To anyone saying "a new manager isn't going to change anything", Villa were bottom of the league when they sacked the tit and brought in Emery. Literally the same group went from relegation to Europe in the same season.

Dyche is a crap manager who has no idea what to do except blame everyone else.

Funny that even Ashley Young worked quite well under him, 20 of 25 games he had game time averaging 68 min...

But they were 14th with 12points in 12 games when Gerrard was sacked, and 13th with 15 in 14 when he took over.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back