2024/25 Sean Dyche

Next manager - Iraola anyone? We saw today what a very brave and positive manager can do. Compare that with Dyche - he would never have the balls to try to bring his team back from 2-0 down let alone try to go on and win the game. When losing 2-0 Dyche will just shut up shop to try not to concede a third - we've seen it so often. I'm not certain but I don't think Dyche has gone on to win a game from a losing position whilst he's been our manager.
Dyche is on £5m p.a. whereas Iraola is on £1m p.a. and only has 2 years on his current contract. So only a few million to buy out Iraola's contract. But unfortunately it would still cost a shedload of money to pay off the remaining year of Dyche's contract - it's unbelievable.

I can try, I am friend with his family.

Iraola could have gone good clubs in Spain or France, but he decided for Bournemouth, because of a good chance to build up.

Good they gave him time after the poor start.

I would hope you would smell it in the air seeing as it was you that caused it with your nonsensical subs and even after you caused it you did nothing to fix your mistakes. Clock is ticking itchy nose.

SACK HIM - th reason we were playing one twos what planet is he on ? We could not get out of our half for tied legs as they made 5 substitutions - he made two unnecessary ones & left an injured left back on & left Shamus on ? I never saw any one twos just three goals in 8 minutes fly in - only for Pickford it could have been FIVE - we need a top young Manager not an old dinasour ....HOOF in the first half followed by 42 minutes of great football ... they never had a shot at goal till his substitutions ..... :rant:

Last edited:
For a manager to come out and openly say they smelt it coming, after doing absolutely nothing, is totally ridiculous.
I’m more concerned he couldn’t see it coming. Every one of us in the ground were yelling for him to get fresh legs in the middle and on the wings. When a team can change half the outfield team, you have to respond.

I’m more concerned he couldn’t see it coming. Every one of us in the ground were yelling for him to get fresh legs in the middle and on the wings. When a team can change half the outfield team, you have to respond.
I only watched it on TV, but the first 70min he seemed to be pretty active giving instructions etc comparing to normal, or is that impression wrong? In combination with analysis after the game it makes one wonder even more.

3 games played, in each one he’s subbed DCL for Beto and Doucoure for Ndiaye/ Ndiaye for Doucoure. Must be great being an opposition manager against Dyche, knowing exactly what he’s going to do and when he’s going to do it.
When Bobble tweets the team out 5 minutes early, he should put in brackets what time players will be subbed off and who for.

What I don’t get it, is at 0-0 a Bournemouth player went down, this allowed all player to have ‘drink’ whilst be tactically coached by their manager.

At 2-1 up where was this tactic from Dyche. If he’s saying I tried shouting but the message didn’t get across then you tell the nearest player ‘go down quick grabbing your leg’. It’s here you tell the team the need to defend and also slow the play down and give players the extra minute to get their breathe back. This didn’t happen.

It’s always hindsight however I could see in the 80th minute that players were done in. Why not bring Garner on for Coleman, Young on for Myko, N’Diaye off for O’Brien and go 5 at the back, defend your lead for ten minutes. It’s just shocking. You should not draw, yet alone get beat at 2-0 up at home with 5 mins left. I don’t even know what to think but I also think Dyche got it completely wrong. Defend, defend, get 3 points. Slow the game, waste time, 3 points. Also, where did 6 minutes come from? I want to know where 6 minutes was taken from as I thought it should have been 3 maximum.
7 subs at 30 seconds each plus at least 30 seconds for the Keane/Semenya altercation.
3 goals scored in the second half of normal time is 30 seconds each one so 6 minutes is not unreasonable…frustrating as hell though.

I only watched it on TV, but the first 70min he seemed to be pretty active giving instructions etc comparing to normal, or is that impression wrong? In combination with analysis after the game it makes one wonder even more.
The three baldy wise men were always getting their heads together, and he was as verbal as usual.

Just paralysed by indecision as per.

After 70 mins he just started to scream at them - that’s what 6 million quid a year gets you.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back