2024/25 Sean Dyche

I've got like 50 pages to read here......

So, how many posters want David Moyes back?

I would be open to that, but what do I know? :)
There is a big world out there, not that I know much about world football but there must be better out there.
Saying that would take Moyes over him in a heartbeat he wouldn't have lost that game yesterday.

Who is even in charge of the club? Moshiri's name's above the door but I don't see any actual board level management. Can anyone enlighten me on this please because it's like everyone is MIA.
This is a massive problem. There’s a danger Dyche gets to keep his job just because there’s a void where someone should be making a decision. Textor seemed to have some influence in transfer moves at the end of the window so hopefully he might have seen enough. Think he was influential in binning Hodgson at Palace and bringing in a young and progressive manager in Glasner, hopefully he can do something similar here. Palace were transformed last season with that change.

There is a big world out there, not that I know much about world football bit there must be better out there.
Saying that would take Moyes over him in a heartbeat he wouldn't have lost that game yesterday.
Well you can guarantee that Moshiri and Chong are unlikely to know who to recruit. I’d have Thelwell recruit. He will be the most qualified in the club.

This is a massive problem. There’s a danger Dyche gets to keep his job just because there’s a void where someone should be making a decision. Textor seemed to have some influence in transfer moves at the end of the window so hopefully he might have seen enough. Think he was influential in binning Hodgson at Palace and bringing in a young and progressive manager in Glasner, hopefully he can do something similar here. Palace were transformed last season with that change.
Glasner would have been my favorite to come here... But can't see of now that he would pick Everton and leave Palace for us as of now...

Hodgson did pretty good when he came in for Vieira, but then long-term he wasn't good enough anymore.

All this talk of getting rid of Dyche, my opinion is this.

Luckily, i didnt go yesterday, as im away. Not far enough away as it turns out, so still trying to ruin my holiday, but hey ho. But as easy as it is to blame Dyche, and some of that is fair, Team selections, Subs etc, you cannot, as a manager, legislate for that collapse. Some of it has to be levelled at unprofessional, poor, or mentally fragile players. But we have had the same unprofessional, poor, mentally fragile players under every manager we've had since the 80s, with a constant flow of new unprofessional, poor, mentally fragile players during those 3 decades. So it obviously goes far deeper than Sean Dyche.

Some want, some also don't want pretty devided overall. I acknowledge what he did for Everton, but that for me seems like a 90s Kendall appointment... We need to move on. He would undoubtedly bring better results, but it would be another year no progress in play style.

The other teams don't sleep...
Absolutely.

I suppose eventually we will find a Unai Emery type :)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back