2024/25 Sean Dyche

And then after he did what we brought him in to do i.e got us safe, treat him like a saviour and let him lead the final ever season in one of the most iconic stadiums in the country despite having one of the poorest career records of any manager we have ever had. His sole ambition for the season is stay in the league because he has spent the last 10 years bar one trying to do just that. Unsurprisingly we are rock bottom with zero points listening to the same nonsensical excuses after every defeat.

Everton should be ashamed of themselves, let the club and fan base down again, something we have all become very accustomed to now.

The shameless can’t be shamed

The lack of noise in the media makes me think he’s safe, for now.

Unless you're pulling the trigger on Moyes, I can see why to be fair. Now isn't really the time for the club to be clever and try and find our own Iraola on the continent. Lets not forget he lost his first 7 games. We do that with someone now and we're as good as gone.

I'd personally be up for the Dyche-Moyes switch but I can see why there's plenty who aren't. It's potentially a lot of money we obviously don't have for what may or may not be a marginal gain in terms of what we get.

I really try not to overreact but totalling up his reign for me that’s strike three and he should be out.

Strike one: months without a win. For most clubs he’s gone for that alone, he means about us being a mess but in reality if we weren’t a mess he’d have been sacked. In our position you can’t afford a manager who takes months to correct a slump.

Strike two: slapping a player. No matter how jokey it’s naive and unprofessional and undermines his authority. And the fact it hit the press tells you not everyone took it in a good spirit. Maybe not a sacking on its own but a warning light on the dashboard.

Strike three: the same two words, naive and unprofessional, costing us three points in a won game by failing to react to an obvious momentum switch as our players tired even before the first Bournemouth goal. With the added bonus of putting it all on the players when he had the power to correct it and interrupt the game with substitutions and a bit of dark artistry to break up the game- something you’d expect a supposedly streetwise manager to be all over.

Together it just paints a picture of a manager who isn’t in control, hasn’t got answers, and who makes bad decisions in the heat of the moment while refusing to take ownership of them. And that is a bad manager.

And then after he did what we brought him in to do i.e got us safe, treat him like a saviour and let him lead the final ever season in one of the most iconic stadiums in the country despite having one of the poorest career records of any manager we have ever had. His sole ambition for the season is stay in the league because he has spent the last 10 years bar one trying to do just that. Unsurprisingly we are rock bottom with zero points listening to the same nonsensical excuses after every defeat.

Everton should be ashamed of themselves, let the club and fan base down again, something we have all become very accustomed to now.
👏👏👏👏👏👏

For me it's obvious it's gone stale.

Coleman and Young took an age to sign up again.

Players need a new voice.

The belting of Patterson won't be forgotten nor will the insistence on Keane etc playing.

Him throwing them under the bus just strikes me as he's emphasising who is boss knowing full well they're sick of him.
Unless he pulls off a few wins in the next 4 games he will be gone. His comments about the fans and then throwing the players under the bus, and his pre and post match comments just scream desperation to shift the blame. His attitude has changed this season compared to last, don’t get me wrong he is boring to listen to but as you say it’s stale and probably not all rosey in the dressing room.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back