2024/25 Sean Dyche

Even if we lose the next three games, unless the players look like they have downed tools, I can’t see anyone else more likely to keep us up than Dyche… other than maybe moyes. But it would be a difficult return for moyes. Not sure that most managers would want this job, those that do probably eyeing the salary, and a ready made excuse it it goes wrong “shambles, no investment, decade of decline”
We were 10mins away from from being 13th.
The football isn’t great, but most of the game on Saturday was a decent.
We have a terrible hand of cards at the minute. Dyche is playing them unexcitingly, but not being rash. We need to stay in the game and hope we have more investment next season. And then maybe a new manager bought in.
That’s it. If we’re just staying above those relegation places I suppose he’s done what many expect and that’s keeping us in the league. Either way, I’d like him replaced next season.

His teams are always terrible in August and there is a quote from Tarkowski about Burnley pre seasons. It seems its been the same thing he does year in year out. There are a few more detail stats and there does appear to be a bit of a pattern with it.

Wasn't Moyes similar for bad starts?

We were unlucky last season, tbf, some early performances were very good. The results not so much.

I'm not quite ready to turn on him just yet though. We're bottom of the league though, and if it doesn't look like the players are fighting for everything in the next game, then I may well start to question his position. It's over to the players now really; are they gonna fight to turn things around? If not, it means he's lost them, imo, and that's when I normally throw the towel in with a manager. Don't really care what style they play, once they've been appointed, I give them what I consider to be a fair chance, and a fair amount of optimism and backing too.

Also the coaching staff compensation and the severance for a manager who may be in demand but at another club. Its a costly venture and to be honest it isn't happening - believe the club missed out on Phillips because as it couldn't get scrape together £6 mill it would take to finalise the deal - a small loan fee/ and a share of his City wages mostly - that City were prepared to meet us on.

Its a waste of time even discussing it - the only way he's leaving here before his contract runs down is if he does a Lampard and we are hopeless cause come the end on January and its cheaper to sack then loose 100 mill if we were relegated.

The club has budgeted this season for 15th - 17th, so that tells you what the clubs expectation is for the season and prob the expected performance objectives set - anything above that is a bonus and additional revenue.

Sad but very true my friend. Was really hoping with a few good signings and extra stability with Dyche at the helm I went into this year thinking we'd be comfortably in the 10th-12th range, but I suspect it will be a bit more uncomfortable now.

Sad but very true my friend. Was really hoping with a few good signings and extra stability with Dyche at the helm I went into this year thinking we'd be comfortably in the 10th-12th range, but I suspect it will be a bit more uncomfortable now.

Think completely different mate, my expectation is 10th -12th.

I think we are well capable of competing with Bournmouth, Forrest, Palace, Wolves and Fulham for those positions over a season- though id accept that is us doing very well to better those clubs - maybe one of the promoted teams if they they pull a really good season as an anomaly.

I don't really care that he has done in August what he seems to always do. Assuming we will be bought and will get somebody else for next season, I couldn't care less whether he is held to account for one of his flaws and improves in his career goinf forward. Get us 17th minimum and continue to amble along elsewhere

If we weren't a car crash he would have been sacked last season. That would have been a fair reflection on his performance. Not talking about point deductions or noise around the club - his actual performance. We actually got a lift from the first point deduction that made the run we were on look better. He is a limited manager punching exactly at his weight.

There is lots to be sorted off the pitch, but at some point he needs to go. Hopefully they won't wait until we are anchored at the bottom with no chance to get out of it.

I'm a Dyche supporter for the meanwhile but that's an absolutely honking list of managers and he's 2nd worst. Very clearly a him problem when it comes to pre-season.

[
GWsnmp_XYAIjOR_

Also the coaching staff compensation and the severance for a manager who may be in demand but at another club. Its a costly venture and to be honest it isn't happening - believe the club missed out on Phillips because as it couldn't get scrape together £6 mill it would take to finalise the deal - a small loan fee/ and a share of his City wages mostly - that City were prepared to meet us on.

Its a waste of time even discussing it - the only way he's leaving here before his contract runs down is if he does a Lampard and we are hopeless cause come the end on January and its cheaper to sack then loose 100 mill if we were relegated.

The club has budgeted this season for 15th - 17th, so that tells you what the clubs expectation is for the season and prob the expected performance objectives set - anything above that is a bonus and additional revenue.
Yeah get the impression along with a degree of disinterest and apathy as he’s on the way out, Moshir is suffering from sacking fatigue. If we get in real danger he will act but not at the moment.

What is the point in journalists if they are not free to ask questions on their own accord? It’s basically unofficial club PR otherwise. It’s not journalism in my opinion.

If we had proper journalism there might have been at least more objectivity and not peddling tales of romanticism and sentiment as a defence which had little foundation when you look at what the club has been/is.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back