2024/25 Sean Dyche

If we lost an expert in squeezing out points in tight situations like Dyche then where would we be if we swapped him for the next new flavour of the month and he failed to use the squad better?

Dyche got us 48 points last season and he can do that again and we'll safe.

This is not a great squad.
it is nice to see reasoned adult thinking in this beautiful thread buddy. may u be a rock for others to take strength from.

Cowardly not to take responsibility for that and to try and pass the buck
The guys brain is just wired in a certain way which at times he does not seem to be able to recalibrate out of choice….he seems to be able to do it when there is mounting pressure from outside e,g, the press - he only drops people then

If we lost an expert in squeezing out points in tight situations like Dyche then where would we be if we swapped him for the next new flavour of the month and he failed to use the squad better?

He has sailed incredibly close to the wind for what looks likely to be 3 seasons in a row now Dave.

That, to me, is not a sign of a man who is an expert in squeezing out points in tight situations, more like a poor manager operating by the skin of his teeth.

Everyone keeps saying that but I just watched Onana, whom everyone slated last season, walk into the Aston Villa side rtoday, play well and score for them.

How many of these players would actually look a who lot better with proper coaching and a better tactical plan?

Obviously some of them aren’t up to it be we bring new players in and never even get them started. They sit on the bench and get no development or game time at all. He is wasting the semi-decent players we do have.

Why didn't he make 2 subs instead of Just Docoure for Ndiyah?
He thinks the other manager has outsmarted him if he changes his original gameplan....he's terrible at in game tactics!
Reminds me of Southgate but Dyche thinks it's OK because Pep doesn't make subs either!

He has sailed incredibly close to the wind for what looks likely to be 3 seasons in a row now Dave.

That, to me, is not a sign of a man who is an expert in squeezing out points in tight situations, more like a poor manager operating by the skin of his teeth.
He came into a calamitous club two seasons ago in the January and kept us up against all odds. Last season we did it with points to spare and in relative ease - and we had 8 points taken off us.

This.

Think if the second half showed anything it is this group still has it in them to bottle it and implode.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back