2024/25 Sean Dyche

It's a problem. But this squad would need a overhaul inclusive manager. ¨¨

Tim seems to be good, hopefully he can keep it up.
Starting to agree with the manager bit, but we also need to invest in full backs, we have done recently with a defensively minded left back in Myko and an attacking right full / wing back in Patterson, but neither appear to fit the profile of an attacking team either in instinct (Myko) or ability (Patterson) - it’s definitely a reoccurring problem area over a number of years. The best balance we ever had was RM’s first season when he pushed both higher up the pitch after bringing in Barry

I’d play;

——————Pickford—————
Dixon- Tarks-Branthwaite (or O’Brien)-Myko
—————Tim—Gana—————
Lindstrom—Ndiaye—Harrison
——————DCL—————

Dyche will play;
—————Pickford—————
Holgate—Keane—Tarks—Myko
—————Tim—Gana—————
Harrison—Doucoure—McNeil
——————DCL—————

He might even try 3 at the back which will be an absolute disaster as we never seem able to play well with 3 centre backs. Nightmares of the 5-0 hammering spurs gave us when Lampard was in charge.
We had 2 of our best games last season with 3 at the back, Villa in carabao and Burnley 2:0.

But also one of our worst against Wolves.

So yeah, pretty much what I would go for today. (the first one) Feel ashamed I would have picked Young, out of despair.

Throw Dixon into ice-cold water, cannot be worse than Holgate or Young...

hello buddies dr sniderman here. i see ur having an episode after 1 game of season. maybe take a walk a or a sleep and feel better. if not my therapy clinic is open.
It’s not like it’s a one off though is it? It’s on the back of 3 seasons when we’ve been put through the grinder and he’s drained any optimism with his negative team selection. So I fully understand why people are highly frustrated with the manager.

It’s not like it’s a one off though is it? It’s on the back of 3 seasons when we’ve been put through the grinder and he’s drained any optimism with his negative team selection. So I fully understand why people are highly frustrated with the manager.
its first game of season buddy. it is a game of soccer.

what on earth did they do in pre season? Brighton new manager been there 2 months, clear system, clear patterns of play. Everytime one player gets the ball 3/4 others know exactly where to go. Our ONLY tactic was the long ball to Harrison who to be fair to the lad brought a lot of them down well. Tactically we are the worst team in the league by a million miles! so embarrassing!

It’s not though. Like any football manager he needs to be improving the club season after season. That means phasing out Young etc and bringing in long term players.

The race to just survive every year is the race to eventually run out of road and drop.
If we lost an expert in squeezing out points in tight situations like Dyche then where would we be if we swapped him for the next new flavour of the month and he failed to use the squad better?

Dyche got us 48 points last season and he can do that again and we'll safe.

This is not a great squad.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back