2024/25 Sean Dyche

Everyone keeps saying that but I just watched Onana, whom everyone slated last season, walk into the Aston Villa side rtoday, play well and score for them.

How many of these players would actually look a who lot better with proper coaching and a better tactical plan?

Obviously some of them aren’t up to it be we bring new players in and never even get them started. They sit on the bench and get no development or game time at all. He is wasting the semi-decent players we do have.
Onana was waiting for a move to a CL before unleashing his talent. No way would he risk an injury by putting it in for us consistently and over 90 minutes. No manager could have got loads of great performances out of him here.

This.

Think if the second half showed anything is this group still has it in them to bottle it and implode.
They're very fragile. We had a goal ruled out and it was as if they almost were waiting for the inevitable punishment and to be chasing the game.

Onana was waiting for a move to a CL before unleashing his talent. No way would he risk an injury by putting it in for us consistently and over 90 minutes. No manager could have got loads of great performances out of him here.
Don’t be ridiculous. You don’t get big moves by playing at 50% and he consistently put in decent challenges.

A manager who sets up to fail, eventually will fail.

By looking to draw every game 0-0 and not concede, he will always flirt with the relegation zone, and ultimately not get the best out of the squad, especially not going forward. It's why he has a 34% win ratio. It's why he averages less than a goal a game scored in his career as a manager.

Not that we should blindly be going gung-ho, but there's no structure to progressing the ball or anything going forward its absolutely terrible.

His tactics, if we can call them that, are about 20 years out dated.

It's why I actually feel sorry for our forward players, I think they'd do better in better tactical set ups.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back