2024/25 Sean Dyche

Agree with some of your points mate, we find ourselves in this position in having him as our manager because of years of mismanagement, Will not disagree with that at all, and i admire some aspects of the job he has done, he did well with the defence last season, so fair play to him, though prior to having branthwaite it was actually pretty poor, and his insistence on playing Michael Keane nearly destroyed us in it's self, but with Branthwaite, he seemed to learn eventually so fair play.

On the counter to that, we had the 2nd worst attack in the whole league, is all of that his fault? No, but his refusal to change personnel or try something different, is his fault.

I also think he has managed us in difficult circumstances, it would be unfair to say otherwise and i credit him for putting up with that, what i will not accept is that he was the only manager to be able to keep us up in those circumstances, he in fact, most definitely isn't and i think its a narrow minded view (one that you may not share) to say otherwise, people so easily forget he was a doucoure goal out of no where, away from getting us relegated, and that would have ben all he is known for.

Disagree also with your view that he's a very good manager within the range of average managers, he isn't, for me. He is just a bang average manager with limited ability to change, and turgid football.

To compare him to Moyes, i feel is slightly insulting to Moyes, moyes could, did and would change how we played, I'm not a huge lover of Moyes, and he did indeed do a job, but it was far better than what Dyche did, in terms of football.

For me Dyches' job was to get us to safety until BMD, if he does that, then thank you, but that's where his job ends, and we move on to try and improve, the longer you keep someone like Dyche, is the longer you cement yourself into that 'safe' but bottom 5 type team.

Respect your opinion mate!
To be honest I can't argue with any of that. Excellent points all over that post.
It was unfair to compare to Moyes because Moyes achieved a lot more, signed better players and left the club much better than when he started (or progressively better every 2-3 years). You're right, it's not a good comparison.

Dyche is what we're left with and he did great with the -8 last year, but yeah, it's hard to get excited about the games each week. I expect the players feel the same.

Keane started today because Dyche clearly fancied him with those cross balls to Harrison, which tbf to him, he was great at all game.

The collapse came because of a classic Everton wilting which has been happening for seasons now that we managed to potentially get rid of but reared it's head again today.

We played decent in opening stages, press was working, Brighton looked shocking and couldn't keep the ball in play, we missed a fluff of a few decent oppertunites, and then, Brighton score their first chance. Heads drop. Half time, come out firing again and once we don't get the penalty we wanted, heads drop again and goodison gets more antsy. That rattles them, they become more erratic, and give the ball away easy for the second.

I'm Irish and I've seen Jake O Brien play a bit, he's decent but he's not near Branthwaite level. Michael Keane would walk into the Irish team unfortunately.
Sorry mate, im not having our manager picking a cb just on the quality of his diagonal passes, no matter how good they were. I want a cb to be a decent defender first please.

Keanes a liability and I’d take a young cb we’ve just signed over a busted flush that has stunk us out most of the time he’s been here, 8 days a week.

That result was self inflicted by the manager, his selection and tactics. We did do ok for the first 20-odd mins, and I don’t think Brighton were that much better, but we won’t win games with Keane playing, he makes every single player in the back four worse - history has proven that.

We might win game with O’Brien when branthwaite isn’t around, if at least try that over the mess we had today.

Same with the new attacking players - if it doesn’t work he can throw McNeil, Doucure and Harrison on, but probably after 70 mins has gone.

I was expecting that team selection, yet i wasn't expecting thar team selection....

It was dire...

Schrodingers evertonion to lay a phrase out... X

The lack of a tactical idea beyond launching the ball and countering with little pace and relying on a fading Doucoure or a Dom flick on is concerning. We never ever come back from one down. The only way he wins games is by keeping it tight and nicking a goal or two. I get we don't have a big budget or great players but at times he gets less than nothing out of them in an attacking sense. He is alimited manager give him credit for keeping us up but it won't work long term

Yeh because he should have been sacked along time ago. If we were a club with any ambition, he'd never have been appointed.

But we all know the situation of the club, and we all know that most managers would have taken us down... So until that faithful day, in the bin!

I think we were 2-0 down and had 10 men and Brighton were just passing it around whilst their fans were doing the ole every time they passed the ball and dyche hands Mykolenko a piece of paper with some kind of managerial tactical masterpiece advice to try and get us back in the game and then Michael keane takes the piece of paper and hands it to someone

Embarrassing

What did he think handing a piece of paper was going to do

We went on to concede two more goals after that

Stupid paper tactic dyche

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back