2024/25 Sean Dyche

Not necesarilly I am saying we needed more games against a higher standard of opposition and if that involves a trip beyond Preston so be it. We didn't start well last season either and I think its a factor along with not being able to get more of the team settled earlier due to finances which is not his fault.
Don't think it makes any difference. Pre season is about getting fit.
Brighton were better than us. We are gash. Playing real madrid in pre season would not have made any difference to having a 39 year old in the team and noone that can score. This squad were all 'fit' middle of last season when we were utter tripe aswell.

View attachment 269371

Averages about 9-10 wins per season (30 points) and a few draws!! That’s relegation fodder

He also has less than a goal a game over 315 games spanning 10 years!

Utter tripe he is
Tbf he did have some bang average Burnley teams and kept them up. However he also is not the miracle worker some claim he is. He is a limited manager who will go through more bad spells than good but is so defensive so can grind out points with better players but he will never push us on or evolve our playing style because his tactics are basic. There is a reason his teams will go periods not winning then a little run of results then back to the usual again

Don't think it makes any difference. Pre season is about getting fit.
Brighton were better than us. We are gash. Playing real madrid in pre season would not have made any difference to having a 39 year old in the team and noone that can score. This squad were all 'fit' middle of last season when we were utter tripe aswell.
To an extent I agree on quality but there is match fitness and we looked under cooked to me. Brighton banged them in preseason and played some better teams

I never leave early but the combination of Holgate coming on and the 3rd goal very quickly after was enough for me to be on my way … Didnt like Dyches snidey little comment “ that what happens at this club “
What also happens Sean is managers get stick for picking bad teams that deliver bad performances and usually end up sacked !
You didn't finish the story.....we sack em and get someone else in that has bad performances and then they get sacked....round and round. What's the thing that stays consistent...ill give you a clue its incompotent and it runs / owns the club.....its not hard people.

His obsession with Premier League experience is utterly ridiculous. Holgate has about 8 years of Premier League experience and he was frozen out at Sheffield United who ended up relegated last season.
You could extend it to our recruitment too especially in certain areas we are obsessed with whether they have played in the PL like that matters half the time Maupay being a classic example. Forget the fact he did not fit our system or the type of forward we needed. Also we means we have ended up over spending on dross with no resale value.

I want dyche gone I'm tired of his flawed tactics, questionable team selections, his inflexibility and his 80 min subs

Was talking to my brother at half time yesterday, said to him we had to get Ndiaye on for Doucoure at half time, switch McNeil with Harrison and get on Lindstrom, soon as second half started saud he wouldn't make a change before the hour mark or we went 2-0 down.

At 2 nil down said we needed to go to a back 3 get Lindstrom and O'Neal on for McNeil and Young,

Again knew we wouldn't make another change until 80...

There's a very good reason we have never once won a game under Dyche were we fell behind in, not one, because tactically he's a one trick pony whose more concerned with not appearing to make a change that costs us rather than keep it how it is when it's clearly not working.

Every bit as bad if not worse than the inflexibility to change that was Martinez downfall.

Hopefully no new contract means he's gone at a minimum by the seasons end, what we saw yesterday was every bit as bad if not worse than the hammering at villa or at Chelsea last season as at least they were to good sides away from home.

Brighton were absolutely there for the taking yesterday and ran out being made to look like prime Barca.

The tipping point for me came after Young got sent off, bringing on holgate after somehow thinking McNeil is a right back - rather than even attempt to switch around and say get O'Neal, Lindstrom on and go to a 3-4-2 was pathetic, it was a manager settling for a 2-3 nil home loss to Brighton with 25 minutes left, unacceptable.

PL experience. PL experience. PL experience. PL experience. PL experience. PL experience.

We're obsessed with it. It's dumb. Like our owner. And our manager.

Part of it is self serving from Dyche mate, he repeats that mantra enough because he himself unlike a lot of replacement managers 'has' got that premier league experience.

It's code for I'm better for the club than any manager without the experience of the league I have

Was talking to my brother at half time yesterday, said to him we had to get Ndiaye on for Doucoure at half time, switch McNeil with Harrison and get on Lindstrom, soon as second half started saud he wouldn't make a change before the hour mark or we went 2-0 down.

At 2 nil down said we needed to go to a back 3 get Lindstrom and O'Neal on for McNeil and Young,

Again knew we wouldn't make another change until 80...

There's a very good reason we have never once won a game under Dyche were we fell behind in, not one, because tactically he's a one trick pony whose more concerned with not appearing to make a change that costs us rather than keep it how it is when it's clearly not working.

Every bit as bad if not worse than the inflexibility to change that was Martinez downfall.

Hopefully no new contract means he's gone at a minimum by the seasons end, what we saw yesterday was every bit as bad if not worse than the hammering at villa or at Chelsea last season as at least they were to good sides away from home.

Brighton were absolutely there for the taking yesterday and ran out being made to look like prime Barca.

The tipping point for me came after Young got sent off, bringing on holgate after somehow thinking McNeil is a right back - rather than even attempt to switch around and say get O'Neal, Lindstrom on and go to a 3-4-2 was pathetic, it was a manager settling for a 2-3 nil home loss to Brighton with 25 minutes left, unacceptable.
O’Brien. We don’t have an O’Neall.

Part of it is self serving from Dyche mate, he repeats that mantra enough because he himself unlike a lot of replacement managers 'has' got that premier league experience.

It's code for I'm better for the club than any manager without the experience of the league I have
He doesn't even need to say it though because if he performs well... he gets paid his full salary.

If we lose the next 15 games 10-0 and he gets sacked... he gets paid his full salary.

That's not his job though that's the DOF. The DOF is hamstrung because of decades of financial mismanagement. It is what it is and it will be so until we get competent ownership. The sack Dyche brigade are clueless and I would love to know what their plan would be for a new manager with no money. And who is this amazing manager that will turn it all around singlehandedly...people put to much influence into what a manager can do and forget the masses of stuff that goes on in the background. Everton are a shambles from top to bottom.
In any case I thought some of the new players showed promise, just more work to be done on the clear out of deadwood and solving our lack of being able to score. We should have been 1 up before they scored IMO and it may have then been a different game.

No we don't put too much influence in a manager, a manager is probably the most important facet of a team, Kendall and moyes who both took over a team on its arse showed that in different ways - as did the krout across the park.

That's not his job though that's the DOF. The DOF is hamstrung because of decades of financial mismanagement. It is what it is and it will be so until we get competent ownership. The sack Dyche brigade are clueless and I would love to know what their plan would be for a new manager with no money. And who is this amazing manager that will turn it all around singlehandedly...people put to much influence into what a manager can do and forget the masses of stuff that goes on in the background. Everton are a shambles from top to bottom.
In any case I thought some of the new players showed promise, just more work to be done on the clear out of deadwood and solving our lack of being able to score. We should have been 1 up before they scored IMO and it may have then been a different game.

By some if the new players showed promise, do you mean the only new player he played mate? Unless you think Ndiaye showed anything after he was brought on with the game already over and Dyche having thrown in the towel.

Unless I missed Dyche using any of the new lads besides the one he HAD to play as literally we only had two centre mids available

The only thing I've got an issue with Dyche for yesterday, is the team selection and performance.

If you're offended by that comment, you're in a fantasy land.

The team selection was beyond safe. We started well, quickly faded and the game was done as soon as they'd scored.

How we thought we could go into the season with Ashley Young as starting full back is beyond me?

The selection of Harrison, Doucoure & McNeil is obvious and dated, especially when all 3 finished the season bang out of form.

Bringing on Holgate (which was obviously because he'll play full back in the next 3), was still abhorrent decision.

I'm still a fan of Dyche, it's why I've came into the season relaxed and calm, because I know we'll grind our way to a load of results and comfortably survive, which is what we need as a club right now.

His comments are spot on, by the way, Goodison is a toxic cauldron. As soon as something bad happens the fans are up in arms.

If the games aren't good enough, we leave.

I also don't think it's a negative it's being made out to be. We work hard for our money, to pay to go the game, it's only natural we're allowed to show our lack of appreciation when things are poor.

Can't be an easy environment to work in, the club are starved of success and that's all the fans want, a pot.

Not sure what he expects from us? Pumped at home on opening day and he wants us to clap them off? Deluded if so.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back