2024/25 Sean Dyche

Unlike quite a few on here, Dyche is a realist

He knew when he took the job that this wasn’t a long term opportunity. He could have taken us down and been fired, he could have been fired by lunatic Moshiri at any point, the club had fired 6 managers before him all within 18 months, any new owner could have picked the club up and turfed him out.

Its probably why he wanted a sky high salary to compensate him for it

The fact people are now saying any manager could come in and keep us up easily with this squad is proof that the job has been done because when he arrived in Jan 2023 that was not a squad many people were confident in not being one of the three worst in the league.

Dyche knows full well he’s in the end game now. Whether there’s some bad results and he goes early or he wins a few and it’s the end of the season, he’s more than likely going regardless.

If people want to deny he’s ever done anything good here ever, or get weirdly hung up on how he touches his head or says the word ‘noise’, then they can burst their own blood vessels getting bent out of shape on that one, it doesn’t change the reality of what has happened

The history books will read:

Kept us in the prem, reduced the wage bill, increased player trading profits, navigated two points deductions
Thanks Sean.

He knew when he took the job that this wasn’t a long term opportunity. He could have taken us down and been fired, he could have been fired by lunatic Moshiri at any point, the club had fired 6 managers before him all within 18 months, any new owner could have picked the club up and turfed him out.

The fact people are now saying any manager could come in and keep us up easily with this squad is proof that the job has been done because when he arrived in Jan 2023 that was not a squad many people were confident in not being one of the three worst in the league.

Dyche knows full well he’s in the end game now. Whether there’s some bad results and he goes early or he wins a few and it’s the end of the season, he’s more than likely going regardless.

If people want to deny he’s ever done anything good here ever, or get weirdly hung up on how he touches his head or says the word ‘noise’, then they can burst their own blood vessels getting bent out of shape on that one, it doesn’t change the reality of what has happened

Kept us in the prem, reduced the wage bill, increased player trading profits, navigated two points deductions

I agree with a lot of this, but he doesn’t help himself by insisting everything he does is correct.

Kept us in the prem - yes, navigated two points deductions - yes.…the other stuff is Thelwell

Agreed.

Turned it around without bringing players in initially.
Kept us safe with an unprecedented 8 point deduction.
Derby win at home for the first time in 15 years.

That's not defending the start of the season being grim, but folks are now jumping on everything he says, interpretating and reading into things (I saw PED talking about the framing of press conference indicating things are against him FFS) that then gathers in the crowd and the fanbase that then filters on the pitch (booing a 17 year old for passing is backwards midweek for eg).

The minute the fanbase fully turn, he's done and that's regardless of wins. A fair few aren't willing to give him the time to turn it round when we're on 4 games in.

1 win (if results go out way) puts us 15th.
It’s 7 wins in 31 in all competitions which includes beating Doncaster. Also includes wins over shef Utd, Burnley, Brentford and Forest, this is not a little blip. He doesn’t deserve time, because he’s not taking full responsibility or trying to actually change something. He’s just hoping something that’s hardly worked in 10months, will actually start working. He’s a very average manager. You’re right about one thing,
He is done

Polish_20240920_074952914.webp

Yep, I'm all good mate many thanks for asking. I thought I might be a persona non grata on here from now on..?

So far nowt bad, and I can happily say that I've had my first Mod Intervention experience now too! 😁

**EDIT** Yes, keep on, keeping on, just hope all this ownership and managerial issues get sorted for next summer, and that we're still in the Prem (Which oddly enough, I feel quite good about, dunno why?)

What are your thoughts on this latest Textor news about a 'deal agreement' being close to being finalised? As reported by Alan Myers late last night;

I'm not on X, so I can't pull the image but,

""A deal involving John Textor and his backers to complete a takeover at Everton could be agreed soon, according to Sky Sports correspondent, Alan Myers.

Sky's northwest correspondent, who interviewed Textor for the broadcaster last week, tweeted late this evening that the Missouri-born billionaire is close to an agreement with Farhad Moshiri to acquire his 94.1% stake in the Club.

Myers said that once terms have been agreed, Textor will "begin the process of putting the finances in place, acquiring Premier League approval, and selling his stake in Crystal Palace".

Textor's Eagle Football Holdings own 45% of the South London club and he told Myers last week that he is confident he has a buyer for his shares in Palace which would free him up to purchase Everton, hopefully before the end of November.

His proposed deal for the Blues is not being conducted through Eagle but will be a transaction made outside of that group, supported by Aliya Capital Partners along with other as-yet unnamed backers. ""

Courtesy of Lyndon Lloyd, on Toffeeweb.

I know this is the wrong thread, but while I have your 'attention'(?) hehe

Does this get your hopes up mate?

if it gets rid of moshiri

gives us a plan

a way forward

and we can start to be a football club mate and not a laughing stock il be happy

It’s 7 wins in 31 in all competitions which includes beating Doncaster. Also includes wins over shef Utd, Burnley, Brentford and Forest, this is not a little blip. He doesn’t deserve time, because he’s not taking full responsibility or trying to actually change something. He’s just hoping something that’s hardly worked in 10months, will actually start working. He’s a very average manager. You’re right about one thing,
He is done

Isn't it more down to "Can he still get us 40 points?" this season. Everything else is irrelevant IMO.

People either think he can or he can't. Which if we're honest is hard to tell cos we've played 4 games - 2 we had no chance with and 2 were should at least have 3 points from.

We can argue about his merits as manager but he's not long term. Its his last year. We should have new owners with their own ideas.

The bottom line isn't about football being played it's about results, and if the majority don't think he can get us 40 points then he'll go.

Everything else is points scoring to prove/disprove an argument to keeping or letting him go

Who has intimated he’s worked for free? He’s paid a very high salary because we were in dire straits when he negotiated it. The salary reflects the risk profile of the job he took on at the time and ultimately all the issues he’s had to contend with (whether people on here choose to acknowledge them or not it doesn’t mean they don’t exist)

Squad quality, comparative net spend, injuries, points deductions, PS&R. I know in nsno fantasy land none of these apparently should matter (although they oddly do for any other managers) but in the real world they do actually have an impact on team performance.

i don’t read many people intimating he’s doing this for free
my point is why should he be thanked. He's getting a excellent wage in comparison to his peers and he's very experienced. My opinion is that he definitely deserves plaudits and a thank you for 'saving us' IF we had the worst squad / team in the league or performed a miracle beating the drop.. he did neither of those so it's a meh from me for the first 2 season. Anyway, more importantly and sticking to the present, he's currently doing a terrible job.

Agreed.

Turned it around without bringing players in initially.
Kept us safe with an unprecedented 8 point deduction.
Derby win at home for the first time in 15 years.

That's not defending the start of the season being grim, but folks are now jumping on everything he says, interpretating and reading into things (I saw PED talking about the framing of press conference indicating things are against him FFS) that then gathers in the crowd and the fanbase that then filters on the pitch (booing a 17 year old for passing is backwards midweek for eg).

The minute the fanbase fully turn, he's done and that's regardless of wins. A fair few aren't willing to give him the time to turn it round when we're on 4 games in.

1 win (if results go out way) puts us 15th.
We're we 1 win away from 15th when he joined? but apparently we were 'dead certs' to go down

The Man City job is a certainty.

Isn't it more down to "Can he still get us 40 points?" this season. Everything else is irrelevant IMO.

People either think he can or he can't. Which if we're honest is hard to tell cos we've played 4 games - 2 we had no chance with and 2 were should at least have 3 points from.

We can argue about his merits as manager but he's not long term. Its his last year. We should have new owners with their own ideas.

The bottom line isn't about football being played it's about results, and if the majority don't think he can get us 40 points then he'll go.

Everything else is points scoring to prove/disprove an argument to keeping or letting him go

We got 48 points last season so why are we now aiming for 40 points?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back