2024/25 Sean Dyche

Agreed.

Turned it around without bringing players in initially.
Kept us safe with an unprecedented 8 point deduction.
Derby win at home for the first time in 15 years.

That's not defending the start of the season being grim, but folks are now jumping on everything he says, interpretating and reading into things (I saw PED talking about the framing of press conference indicating things are against him FFS) that then gathers in the crowd and the fanbase that then filters on the pitch (booing a 17 year old for passing is backwards midweek for eg).

The minute the fanbase fully turn, he's done and that's regardless of wins. A fair few aren't willing to give him the time to turn it round when we're on 4 games in.

1 win (if results go out way) puts us 15th.

Turn what around? this isnt a blip. his record is terrible.

It's as if we was rock bottom when he took over and he turned it all around and dragged us out of relegation.

Unlike quite a few on here, Dyche is a realist

He knew when he took the job that this wasn’t a long term opportunity. He could have taken us down and been fired, he could have been fired by lunatic Moshiri at any point, the club had fired 6 managers before him all within 18 months, any new owner could have picked the club up and turfed him out.

Its probably why he wanted a sky high salary to compensate him for it

The fact people are now saying any manager could come in and keep us up easily with this squad is proof that the job has been done because when he arrived in Jan 2023 that was not a squad many people were confident in not being one of the three worst in the league.

Dyche knows full well he’s in the end game now. Whether there’s some bad results and he goes early or he wins a few and it’s the end of the season, he’s more than likely going regardless.

If people want to deny he’s ever done anything good here ever, or get weirdly hung up on how he touches his head or says the word ‘noise’, then they can burst their own blood vessels getting bent out of shape on that one, it doesn’t change the reality of what has happened

The history books will read:

Kept us in the prem, reduced the wage bill, increased player trading profits, navigated two points deductions
You're a Dyche family member. He's awesome and everything this season is Keane's fault. We get it. Stop the boring waffle

I do hope he can do enough to turn things around, starting tomorrow. In the medium term he is probably done for anyway and will be gone.

Losing tomorrow doesn't bear thinking about. I can't see him doing enough to stay in the job over the next month or so. If the game goes against us, the pressure next week will be overwhelming. Moshiri has always been consistent in responding to that, if nothing else.

For Gods sake let's just win the game.

Isn't it more down to "Can he still get us 40 points?" this season. Everything else is irrelevant IMO.

People either think he can or he can't. Which if we're honest is hard to tell cos we've played 4 games - 2 we had no chance with and 2 were should at least have 3 points from.

We can argue about his merits as manager but he's not long term. Its his last year. We should have new owners with their own ideas.

The bottom line isn't about football being played it's about results, and if the majority don't think he can get us 40 points then he'll go.

Everything else is points scoring to prove/disprove an argument to keeping or letting him go
I’m sorry but it’s a lot to do with the football being played. I don’t think as a fans base we can all sit there with our arms
Folded and say, it’s ok he’s going in the summer let’s just get through these 34 games. Fans need to be invested,
If the football is garbage which it is,
We don’t win games, which we dont and he’s lost the fans, its a recipe for it to get worse not better . A toxic fan base makes it more difficult to get results,
Who says some of the players have given up on him to.

As we’ve seen time and time again, the fans have a massive part to play and the players/manager need them on board. A new manager automatically gets that bounce. Fresh start, new hope we waited to long to sack Lampard. We can’t make the same mistake, there’s not a chance he sees out this season. So let’s do it sooner than later.

Earlier I've said how we can be reactionary, and have short memories. People are too quick to rewrite history.

If I search your posts prior to Dyche, I guarantee you'll be saying things like it would be a miracle if we stayed up, or at the least certainly talking up the likelihood of relegation. I also think the day we hire him, you're saying the squad needs major surgery and transfers. We've not spent a bean since he come in - making big profit instead. I also think you'll mention how get any manager in to play any style as long as we stay up.
I just think he's an arrogant and crap manager, sorry. Always was, always will be, for me anyway

He knew when he took the job that this wasn’t a long term opportunity. He could have taken us down and been fired, he could have been fired by lunatic Moshiri at any point, the club had fired 6 managers before him all within 18 months, any new owner could have picked the club up and turfed him out.

The fact people are now saying any manager could come in and keep us up easily with this squad is proof that the job has been done because when he arrived in Jan 2023 that was not a squad many people were confident in not being one of the three worst in the league.

Dyche knows full well he’s in the end game now. Whether there’s some bad results and he goes early or he wins a few and it’s the end of the season, he’s more than likely going regardless.

If people want to deny he’s ever done anything good here ever, or get weirdly hung up on how he touches his head or says the word ‘noise’, then they can burst their own blood vessels getting bent out of shape on that one, it doesn’t change the reality of what has happened

Kept us in the prem, reduced the wage bill, increased player trading profits, navigated two points deductions

some propa turd in here.

history books will read he reduced the wage bill?? did he???

lets look at who we have got off the wage bill in his time:

Gomes, Dele Alli, Mina, Holgate, Gbamin.., thelwell got all of them off the wage bill or their contract expired, nothing to do with Dyche, and zero impact on Dyche becsause he didnt play any of them anyway.

increased player trading profits:

Onana, Maupay, Godfrey, Cannon, Samuels smith, dobbin,iwobi, kean,simms,gray,

again Onana aside how did any of that affect him, or how did he have any part in any of them sales?

his first team remains largely the same as when i took over, infact weve added more depth since.

Is what most fans will be saying when he leaves and he’s delivered us to a new owner and stadium as a PL team and not as bankrupt championship outfit in administration leasing its new stadium.
5 wins in a year , leaking goals like a faucet when he's a defensive manager who plays anti football will not endear himself to the fanbase , kudos to him for getting us through a challenging season but he's lost it and needs to scram

some propa turd in here.

history books will read he reduced the wage bill?? did he???

lets look at who we have got off the wage bill in his time:

Gomes, Dele Alli, Mina, Holgate, Gbamin.., thelwell got all of them off the wage bill or their contract expired, nothing to do with Dyche, and zero impact on Dyche becsause he didnt play any of them anyway.

increased player trading profits:

Onana, Maupay, Godfrey, Cannon, Samuels smith, dobbin,iwobi, kean,simms,gray,

again Onana aside how did any of that affect him, or how did he have any part in any of them sales?

his first team remains largely the same as when i took over, infact weve added more depth since.
What do you expect from @Saint Domingo
Luckily he’s part time these days, Wednesday to Friday. We get beat on Saturday and we don’t see him shown till the following Wednesday

He will just be remembered as one of the managers during bad times. That's it.
Every manager we've had since its inception has 'kept us in the Prem', it isn't as big an achievement as people are making out.
Credit is due for his first 5 months but we barely survived. A fantastic save from Pope kept us up
Last season he did a bit better considering the points deduction but lets have it right, he's a limited manager that has not kept up with a changing game.
By his own admission he didn't watch much or work on things football related during his unemployed phase. Popped up for an easy pay day. Didn't help much with the wage bill when it came to his own fee that reflected neither the position in the table nor the financial strains we were under. He gets no credit for the finances in my estimation.

Doubt there will be a petition for a statue any time soon and he'll barely get a mention in the Everton annals

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back