2024/25 Sean Dyche

We've been crap this season mate, really bad.

But it's 4 games, and 3 of them I didn't expect a result. If someone give me £1m and I had to bet, I wouldn't have put it on Everton at Villa or Spurs away, or Brighton at home with Mykolenko, Young and Keane in defence.

It was worse at the start of last season (factoring in opposition) and that ended up OK.

The bookies had our opposition as favourite in all 4.

Last season we picked up 4 points from Brighton and Bournemouth at home.

He was brought in to keep us in the PL and he did keep us up despite point deductions. The problem is that should have been the end of his reign with a job done and thank you and he should have gone at the end of last season. This season has been a complete disaster. He is in full on self preservation mode now with everything that happens and everything that gets said and its not good for anyone and it's only getting worse. I don't know where the next win is coming from. The sooner we are taken over and have competent people running the club the better. Cannot come soon enough for me.
The next win will come tomorow.

These players have proved over last season they are good enough to be a mid table plodder side, so that quality will come out eventually. Its just whether they are given the right tools to execute it by the manager.

Mate tbh, and I don't mean to sound harsh, but you can suck it up.

You've 'chosen' a club from another country, like I have, and they conveniently happen to be in the top flight of English football. 'Everton resonated with me' some of us might say, but isn't it convenient that none of the teams in league one ever resonate with anyone?

You're not entitled to success from the football team you support from abroad, and if it's annoying you that much and you don't have the locality and community aspect of it, then go and support City or something.
Everton is in the blood , you’re chosen , pity it isn’t in the managers .

The crazy thing is against bournemouth and aston villa we were the better team initially then we collapse, I thought the bournemouth game till the 80th minute was the best we played on seasons but it becomes moot when you capitulate in such a spectacular way

I more concerned by the nature of our losses , his game management has been abysmal

Surprised we've scored as many as we have, surprised we've conceded as many - but then, no Branthwaite/Coleman etc.

Last season we picked up 4 points from Brighton and Bournemouth at home.

Great that mate - I hoped/expected we'd beat Bournemouth again too. We really should have done. We beat Liverpool last season too, but I'm probably not expecting 3 points again this season.

But, 4 games - 3 I didn't think we'd get a result so I'm hardly shocked. Shared my view on here that we'd have <3 points by time Leicester comes up.

With the greatest of respect, i wish people would stop harping on about 'difficult circumstances'

He has good players at his disposal, its not as if the club hasn't spent money while he has been here £50m this summer/£40m last summer, only really selling Onana & Iwobi who were regular first team players.

I’m fine with people not liking him and wanting him out but I don’t think there’s a need to try and bat away every bit of context about why the hell he is here in the first place, why we are in relegation battles and why it’s one of the worst, if not the worst, periods in the clubs history

by any reasonable standard it’s actually an understatement to call it difficult circumstances

To balance that, I’ve no idea why a handful of posters are so intent on defending every criticism of him. I mean he is clearly not the best manager like and has had the career he has had because of major flaws, as opposed to stepping up a level. What we are seeing is affected by his flaws as well as the “difficult circumstances”

I don’t know which is more tiresome…the Dyche is great group or the we are terrible and never going to win again group.

Unlike quite a few on here, Dyche is a realist

He knew when he took the job that this wasn’t a long term opportunity. He could have taken us down and been fired, he could have been fired by lunatic Moshiri at any point, the club had fired 6 managers before him all within 18 months, any new owner could have picked the club up and turfed him out.

Its probably why he wanted a sky high salary to compensate him for it

The fact people are now saying any manager could come in and keep us up easily with this squad is proof that the job has been done because when he arrived in Jan 2023 that was not a squad many people were confident in not being one of the three worst in the league.

Dyche knows full well he’s in the end game now. Whether there’s some bad results and he goes early or he wins a few and it’s the end of the season, he’s more than likely going regardless.

If people want to deny he’s ever done anything good here ever, or get weirdly hung up on how he touches his head or says the word ‘noise’, then they can burst their own blood vessels getting bent out of shape on that one, it doesn’t change the reality of what has happened

The history books will read:

Kept us in the prem, reduced the wage bill, increased player trading profits, navigated two points deductions
Didn't read the rest.

But.....isn't that the opposite to what football is? That little bit of taking you away from everything for 90 minutes?
Fun, excitement, normally shy timid types yelling till there voice is horse?

Realism shouldn't always be seen as a positive.

'They say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one'

We've been crap this season mate, really bad.

But it's 4 games, and 3 of them I didn't expect a result. If someone give me £1m and I had to bet, I wouldn't have put it on Everton at Villa or Spurs away, or Brighton at home with Mykolenko, Young and Keane in defence.

It was worse at the start of last season (factoring in opposition) and that ended up OK.

The bookies had our opposition as favourite in all 4.
Fair enough.

I mean, Spurs & Villa I can understand not picking up a result.

But then we must pick up some kind of point or points against Bournemouth & Brighton.

Unlike quite a few on here, Dyche is a realist

He knew when he took the job that this wasn’t a long term opportunity. He could have taken us down and been fired, he could have been fired by lunatic Moshiri at any point, the club had fired 6 managers before him all within 18 months, any new owner could have picked the club up and turfed him out.

Its probably why he wanted a sky high salary to compensate him for it

The fact people are now saying any manager could come in and keep us up easily with this squad is proof that the job has been done because when he arrived in Jan 2023 that was not a squad many people were confident in not being one of the three worst in the league.

Dyche knows full well he’s in the end game now. Whether there’s some bad results and he goes early or he wins a few and it’s the end of the season, he’s more than likely going regardless.

If people want to deny he’s ever done anything good here ever, or get weirdly hung up on how he touches his head or says the word ‘noise’, then they can burst their own blood vessels getting bent out of shape on that one, it doesn’t change the reality of what has happened

The history books will read:

Kept us in the prem, reduced the wage bill, increased player trading profits, navigated two points deductions
We have had the same amount of managers in the last 10 years as Aston Villa, Spurs & Newcastle in the past 10 years

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back