2024/25 Sean Dyche

Unlike quite a few on here, Dyche is a realist

He knew when he took the job that this wasn’t a long term opportunity. He could have taken us down and been fired, he could have been fired by lunatic Moshiri at any point, the club had fired 6 managers before him all within 18 months, any new owner could have picked the club up and turfed him out.

Its probably why he wanted a sky high salary to compensate him for it

The fact people are now saying any manager could come in and keep us up easily with this squad is proof that the job has been done because when he arrived in Jan 2023 that was not a squad many people were confident in not being one of the three worst in the league.

Dyche knows full well he’s in the end game now. Whether there’s some bad results and he goes early or he wins a few and it’s the end of the season, he’s more than likely going regardless.

If people want to deny he’s ever done anything good here ever, or get weirdly hung up on how he touches his head or says the word ‘noise’, then they can burst their own blood vessels getting bent out of shape on that one, it doesn’t change the reality of what has happened

The history books will read:

Kept us in the prem, reduced the wage bill, increased player trading profits, navigated two points deductions

He will just be remembered as one of the managers during bad times. That's it.
Every manager we've had since its inception has 'kept us in the Prem', it isn't as big an achievement as people are making out.
Credit is due for his first 5 months but we barely survived. A fantastic save from Pope kept us up
Last season he did a bit better considering the points deduction but lets have it right, he's a limited manager that has not kept up with a changing game.
By his own admission he didn't watch much or work on things football related during his unemployed phase. Popped up for an easy pay day. Didn't help much with the wage bill when it came to his own fee that reflected neither the position in the table nor the financial strains we were under. He gets no credit for the finances in my estimation.

Doubt there will be a petition for a statue any time soon and he'll barely get a mention in the Everton annals
He’s certainly made the history books with that bourmouth game , as well as pub quizzes etc

@GrandOldTeam

You've made some good points regarding our points total for last season being an improvement and that fans have short memories - very true.

But how do you reconcile that against what we've seen so far this season?

Surely you have to admit, in all of your time watching Everton,

Dyche has proven he looks out of his depth and can't even do the basics right like team selection OR substitutions... Management 101 surely?

Not to mention the eye-bleeding style of play.

Unlike quite a few on here, Dyche is a realist

He knew when he took the job that this wasn’t a long term opportunity. He could have taken us down and been fired, he could have been fired by lunatic Moshiri at any point, the club had fired 6 managers before him all within 18 months, any new owner could have picked the club up and turfed him out.

Its probably why he wanted a sky high salary to compensate him for it

The fact people are now saying any manager could come in and keep us up easily with this squad is proof that the job has been done because when he arrived in Jan 2023 that was not a squad many people were confident in not being one of the three worst in the league.

Dyche knows full well he’s in the end game now. Whether there’s some bad results and he goes early or he wins a few and it’s the end of the season, he’s more than likely going regardless.

If people want to deny he’s ever done anything good here ever, or get weirdly hung up on how he touches his head or says the word ‘noise’, then they can burst their own blood vessels getting bent out of shape on that one, it doesn’t change the reality of what has happened

The history books will read:

Kept us in the prem, reduced the wage bill, increased player trading profits, navigated two points deductions
He's not a realist as @MikeH72 correctly stated he is a defeatist

Isn't it more down to "Can he still get us 40 points?" this season. Everything else is irrelevant IMO.

People either think he can or he can't. Which if we're honest is hard to tell cos we've played 4 games - 2 we had no chance with and 2 were should at least have 3 points from.

We can argue about his merits as manager but he's not long term. Its his last year. We should have new owners with their own ideas.

The bottom line isn't about football being played it's about results, and if the majority don't think he can get us 40 points then he'll go.

Everything else is points scoring to prove/disprove an argument to keeping or letting him go
I find this the weirdest take tbh. I remember when Allardyce was brought in, my head dropped massively. It was grim, very grim. I decided to grin and bare it but there is no way that scenario was my bottom line, it was the owners. Yes I want us to stay in the Premier League of course but I spend a fair bit of my free time either watching Everton or chatting about Everton and I want to spend it being entertained. I presume most people that signed onto this forum are the same.

I visit other clubs' fan forums for FPL insights on occasion and there is more positive chat about tactical nuance and positive play than we have on here, and yes, that includes teams that are in and around us.

Allardyce for me was short term, firefighting and even then I had doubts but I was thrilled when he was sacked despite his position in the table. Entertainment, that's the bottom line. The rest is for the coin counters

How much of your money would you spend on terrible movies? I get there is a difference, but not much.
Imagine celebrating 40pts year after year watching terrible football? At what point do we ship out the Allardyces and Dyches of the world and look up the table?

I'm tired of supporting a club that is a joke , In the states, I'm the smaller cities the pubs are cohabitated by a whole slew of fans especially ones who are relatively new to the game and all I get is why do support everton? Your club is battling relegation again , thanks mosh and the cavalcade of clowns like dyche you bring in

I'm tired of supporting a club that is a joke , In the states, I'm the smaller cities the pubs are cohabitated by a whole slew of fans especially ones who are relatively new to the game and all I get is why do support everton? Your club is battling relegation again , thanks mosh and the cavalcade of clowns like dyche you bring in
Mate tbh, and I don't mean to sound harsh, but you can suck it up.

You've 'chosen' a club from another country, like I have, and they conveniently happen to be in the top flight of English football. 'Everton resonated with me' some of us might say, but isn't it convenient that none of the teams in league one ever resonate with anyone?

You're not entitled to success from the football team you support from abroad, and if it's annoying you that much and you don't have the locality and community aspect of it, then go and support City or something.

Mate tbh, and I don't mean to sound harsh, but you can suck it up.

You've 'chosen' a club from another country, like I have, and they conveniently happen to be in the top flight of English football. 'Everton resonated with me' some of us might say, but isn't it convenient that none of the teams in league one ever resonate with anyone?

You're not entitled to success from the football team you support from abroad, and if it's annoying you that much and you don't have the locality and community aspect of it, then go and support City or something.
I've watched every everton premier game except one since I've started being a supporter 17 years ago I won't stop now I'm not asking for trophies I just want my club to be operated in a competent fashion . I think that's reasonable

Where has this 'he was hired to keep us in the Premier League' thing come from?

So he's doing the bare minimum then? Is that what you want? Someone doing the bare minimum?

Ashley Young is hired to play for Everton FC, does that mean he is doing a good job? Or does he get judged on level of performance?

that's how it comes across. he's keeping us up so it's job done and we should all be content with that.

@GrandOldTeam

You've made some good points regarding our points total for last season being an improvement and that fans have short memories - very true.

But how do you reconcile that against what we've seen so far this season?

Surely you have to admit, in all of your time watching Everton,

Dyche has proven he looks out of his depth and can't even do the basics right like team selection OR substitutions... Management 101 surely?

Not to mention the eye-bleeding style of play.

We've been crap this season mate, really bad.

But it's 4 games, and 3 of them I didn't expect a result. If someone give me £1m and I had to bet, I wouldn't have put it on Everton at Villa or Spurs away, or Brighton at home with Mykolenko, Young and Keane in defence.

It was worse at the start of last season (factoring in opposition) and that ended up OK.

The bookies had our opposition as favourite in all 4.

I've watched every everton premier game except one since I've started being a supporter 17 years ago I won't stop now I'm not asking for trophies I just want my club to be operated in a competent fashion . I think that's reasonable
That's fine but you shouldn't be bothered about what other lads down the pub are saying to you. Tell them how convenient it is how they support a trophy winning club and move on

We've been crap this season mate, really bad.

But it's 4 games, and 3 of them I didn't expect a result. If someone give me £1m and I had to bet, I wouldn't have put it on Everton at Villa or Spurs away, or Brighton at home with Mykolenko, Young and Keane in defence.

It was worse at the start of last season (factoring in opposition) and that ended up OK.

The bookies had our opposition as favourite in all 4.
I more concerned by the nature of our losses , his game management has been abysmal

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back