2024/25 Sean Dyche

It wouldn’t be her to find a manager who would have handled today a bit better. 90% of the fanbase would have started Ndiaye over Doucoure and Lindstrom over McNeil or Harrison and in retrospect that would have been exactly the right thing to do. Dyche’s post match comments about fans leaving have done him absolutely no favours. He should have just held his hands up and said he got the team selection wrong. He’s already admitted he won’t give Dixon a game next week. He would have been no worse than Young was if he had been given a chance today.
The completely agree re the snidey comments about the fans ‘at this club’, but I wouldn’t expect him to say he had the team selection wrong as he still has to manage the players that were selected. It would also him admitting he was wrong which he would never do…..arrogant.

I'm glad we're in agreement @davek

As I said, I support him and wont be calling for him to leave any time soon. He's earned the right to be our manager.

But he's not a diplomatic man, and you have to be in that job.

He's maybe taking his position for granted and could well do with someone having a word in his ear about it...although I have no faith in anyone at the club doing that.

When the result goes the wrong way this football can be very hard to defend. I appreciate all that Dyche has done the past few years but I am getting a bit tired of dogs of war now, it's all a bit 'grin and bear it' with this stupid club due to financial issues. I don't believe Dyche should be sacked as he is genuinely keeping us afloat but I really do wish we could make a change next year with a hungry young manager who wants to play exciting football.

There's just so little passage of play to our game, it's either a long ball of some variation or a pass down the wings to one of our slow wingers to either cut back and find their fullback to cross or just cross themselves, it's predictable and not very exciting.

“Can’t legislate for the decisions made.”

He says.

There’s nothing he could have done. Totally powerless to do anything other than to fall to 3-0 defeat.
This is one of the things that winds me up about him.

Whenever a team goes 2 nil up he always comes out and says something to the effect of 'the game got away at that point' as if he & the players may as well give up. Whilst he might be correct in reality, it's a crap attitude to adopt and just comes across as a way of trying to absolve himself of blame when things go tits up..

First game of the season , home advantage over a decent Brighton side, Dyche had a big chance to set his stall out for the season ahead, he failed.
We played for the 1-0 win as he always does.
Conservative/ unimaginative team selection .
Surrendering possession.
Lack of invention.
Ineffective/ poor ingame management .
Second to the ball too many times despite alleged concentration on fitness.
Once they scored the game was effectively over.
His teams, his style lacks resilience to fashion a come back , even with home advantage.
All in all , it looks like we are going to leave Goodison and enter BMD, slinking out and in like a mangy , cowed dog .
Like the man , dislike the manager.
Never in a million years is he an Everton manager.
Along with Allardyce and Benitez his appointment is evidence of gross dereliction of duty by those who administer this once great club.

As I said, I support him and wont be calling for him to leave any time soon. He's earned the right to be our manager.

He's maybe taking his position for granted and could well do with someone having a word in his ear about it...although I have no faith in anyone at the club doing that.

He needs reminding how much it costs the average fan in time and money to support Everton

We all turned up in numbers again yesterday. Last thing anyone one of us need is sarcasm or mocking after being thumped 3 - 0

This is one of the things that winds me up about him.

Whenever a team goes 2 nil up he always comes out and says something to the effect of 'the game got away at that point' as if he & the players may as well give up. Whilst he might be correct in reality, it's a crap attitude to adopt and just comes across as a way of trying to absolve himself of blame when things go tits up..
It’s the moment Plan A goes out the window that he laments - because he doesn’t have it in him to flex within a game.

They practice the game plan all week, then execute it. There’s never any room for adaptation.

The thought occurs that once it becomes clear that the renewal won’t be arriving (and has this particular penny already dropped, you have to wonder), then will he become a dead duck.

Look at Brighton second half of last season, once it became amply clear that de Zerbi was off.

We have several members of staff involved in yesterday that potentially have very little invested in the future of EFC.

Well you would hope that Thelwell in his post as Director of Football at the club has pulled him aside after that and just said "Cmon mate, what the hell was that today" but as you say Dave it's highly unlikely.

When the result goes the wrong way this football can be very hard to defend. I appreciate all that Dyche has done the past few years but I am getting a bit tired of dogs of war now, it's all a bit 'grin and bear it' with this stupid club due to financial issues. I don't believe Dyche should be sacked as he is genuinely keeping us afloat but I really do wish we could make a change next year with a hungry young manager who wants to play exciting football.

There's just so little passage of play to our game, it's either a long ball of some variation or a pass down the wings to one of our slow wingers to either cut back and find their fullback to cross or just cross themselves, it's predictable and not very exciting.
Good post and highlights my major beef with Dyche, he appears incapable of setting upthe team to play in any other way or formation. Surely that is a basic requirement for a Prem coach, the ability to be tactically astute.
Some may say that he is playing to the strength of the players at his disposal but that is contradicted by his insistence in picking the usual suspects whose limitations are there for all to see. Additionally he knew we struggled to score goals so the signing of a striker in close season should have been a priority.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back