2024/25 Sean Dyche

Just a thought, instead of having two of his legendary 'Gaffers Days' he may have spent the time more productively by practicing passing the ball to each other, crossing, finishing and drilled the squad tactically, you know, little things like that. The running up and down the sand hills at Ainesdale school of pre season work went out with Harry Catterick.

While I admire the job he did keeping us up last season and I hope he repeats the feat this season, under no circumstances should he gat a new contract this summer. He can't even complain about not getting his signings in early enough this season, Ndaiye, Lindstroem and O'Brien were all here in time to feature in our pre season and yet, they had to sit and watch Doucoure, Keane and McNeil on the pitch in the first premier league game of the season.
This is where I struggle with Dyche, during pre season he kept saying it "was all about the fitness" right up to the week before the opening game, yet teams had done the fitness work and had been working on style/tactics and yet Dyche doesn`t seem to put much importance on that.

Now with so much fitness work being done you`d expect us to be the fittest team in the league, but we are not, far from it. So we are not the fittest and we certainly do not play in a way showing the side is anywhere near well coached!?!

Poor poor manager....

Get him gone now, that defeat and the ensuing poor start we will have is the last straw for me. Dyche out ASAP... we won`t progress under him. That style of manager like Dyche and Allardyce are lost to time yet this club persists with the negative football and they want us to be positive about it?

#DycheOut

Well you would hope that Thelwell in his post as Director of Football at the club has pulled him aside after that and just said "Cmon mate, what the hell was that today" but as you say Dave it's highly unlikely.
Yes. Despite his words about it being more important to sort the sale of the club out than his won contract, the longer his future is uncertain the more it'll play on the minds of the squad.

Thelwell is in the same boat too, I think.

Needs to knock off the sarcasm when he's talking about fan reaction to onfield matters.

I support him and know he's our best bet to keep us safe, but he's not doing himself any favours with some of his off-hand comments pre-season and then again yesterday.
The best manager to keep us safe is a manager that knows how to get results... this manager does not and moreover tells this fanbase this is the best we can expect... well it is if you have a very very limited manage like Dyche.

Hands down the worst manager in the PL currently, playing the worst football.

As I said, I support him and wont be calling for him to leave any time soon. He's earned the right to be our manager.

But he's not a diplomatic man, and you have to be in that job.

He's maybe taking his position for granted and could well do with someone having a word in his ear about it...although I have no faith in anyone at the club doing that.
He’s not taking his position for granted, he’s well aware he’ll never manage a club even close to as big as Everton again in his career.

He’s just got a very large and very fragile ego, like most football managers.

The best manager to keep us safe is a manager that knows how to get results... this manager does not and moreover tells this fanbase this is the best we can expect... well it is if you have a very very limited manage like Dyche.

Hands down the worst manager in the PL currently, playing the worst football.
That's not true, as the last 20 months or so have underlined.

Worryingly thinks Keane had a good pre season, we conceded loads and everyone looked gash apart from Tim who has been a shining light, everyone else so far has yet to reach any type of form and have looked below standards.

He’s not taking his position for granted, he’s well aware he’ll never manage a club even close to as big as Everton again in his career.

He’s just got a very large and very fragile ego, like most football managers.
Well, as pointed out above, he's in the final year of his contract and the club aren;t talking to him about renewal. So that in and of itself is a terrible 'contribution' to the state of affairs with Dyche and his future should be a priority as well as getting a RB and CF in.

This club cant lurch like this from destabilsation to destabilisation.

First game of the season , home advantage over a decent Brighton side, Dyche had a big chance to set his stall out for the season ahead, he failed.
We played for the 1-0 win as he always does.
Conservative/ unimaginative team selection .
Surrendering possession.
Lack of invention.
Ineffective/ poor ingame management .
Second to the ball too many times despite alleged concentration on fitness.
Once they scored the game was effectively over.
His teams, his style lacks resilience to fashion a come back , even with home advantage.
All in all , it looks like we are going to leave Goodison and enter BMD, slinking out and in like a mangy , cowed dog .
Like the man , dislike the manager.
Never in a million years is he an Everton manager.
Along with Allardyce and Benitez his appointment is evidence of gross dereliction of duty by those who administer this once great club.
I agree with all of that except I think he did set his stall out for the season!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back