2024/25 Sean Dyche

12 defeats at GP under Dyche from his 29 home games...

We`ve lost to :-

Villa
Fulham x2
Newcastle
Man City x 2
Wolves
Arsenal
Luton
Man Utd
West Ham
Brighton

In them 12 defeats we have scored 5 and conceded 29, GD -24

My point is the home games should be your bread and butter and a steady source of points, Dyche has taken 41 points at home from a possible 87.
That's very sobering.

As I said, I support him and wont be calling for him to leave any time soon. He's earned the right to be our manager.

But he's not a diplomatic man, and you have to be in that job.

He's maybe taking his position for granted and could well do with someone having a word in his ear about it...although I have no faith in anyone at the club doing that.

He's out in one year tops anyway Dave, nobody at the club in position to extend him, and no knew owner will keep him.

I expect to see him have a go at the fans a fair bit more this year to self deflect.

Was talking to my brother at half time yesterday, said to him we had to get Ndiaye on for Doucoure at half time, switch McNeil with Harrison and get on Lindstrom, soon as second half started saud he wouldn't make a change before the hour mark or we went 2-0 down.

At 2 nil down said we needed to go to a back 3 get Lindstrom and O'Neal on for McNeil and Young,

Again knew we wouldn't make another change until 80...

There's a very good reason we have never once won a game under Dyche were we fell behind in, not one, because tactically he's a one trick pony whose more concerned with not appearing to make a change that costs us rather than keep it how it is when it's clearly not working.

Every bit as bad if not worse than the inflexibility to change that was Martinez downfall.

Hopefully no new contract means he's gone at a minimum by the seasons end, what we saw yesterday was every bit as bad if not worse than the hammering at villa or at Chelsea last season as at least they were to good sides away from home.

Brighton were absolutely there for the taking yesterday and ran out being made to look like prime Barca.

The tipping point for me came after Young got sent off, bringing on holgate after somehow thinking McNeil is a right back - rather than even attempt to switch around and say get O'Neal, Lindstrom on and go to a 3-4-2 was pathetic, it was a manager settling for a 2-3 nil home loss to Brighton with 25 minutes left, unacceptable.
I can only remember one game he impacted the game with right and early subs, that was Newcastle away 1:1 last year.

We were lucky not to be down 2-3:0 ht back then, but played a decent 2nd half.

The thought occurs that once it becomes clear that the renewal won’t be arriving (and has this particular penny already dropped, you have to wonder), then will he become a dead duck.

Look at Brighton second half of last season, once it became amply clear that de Zerbi was off.

We have several members of staff involved in yesterday that potentially have very little invested in the future of EFC.

4 players on the pitch in the last year of their contracts - one who came on as a sub, maybe at most one will remain next season of those 5. Another sub came on who basically knows he's not wanted as well.

So many things tactically wrong yesterday and some of it due to lack of recruitment in the right areas and some of it due to poor players not being replaced.
Michael Kean went AWOL on about 5 occasions, we had no pace on the wings, don’t even get me started on the right back situation.
The DOF and the manager have failed miserably here on the recruitment .
Even the fans have known for years what’s been needed.
Thank god they only have 1 year left but I feel unless we get some players in it will be too late.

Not sure the tactics were wrong yesterday, we played exactly the same way in his other games against Brighton won by 5 and drew twice. First half we absolutely disrupted Brighton they couldn't get hold of the ball or play it through the lines - we missed about five goal scoring chances and then got suckered by loosing possession the first time they caught us on the break.

The momentum of the game went against us after Idrissa gave them a brain fart second - you arent beating Brighton if they go two up as they just hold the ball.

If anything yesterday, i thought the midfield and defense played a lot closer together which meant Keane and JT had to turn and run back as they were playing high up, neither of which isnt a particular strength - think we went to adventurous at home again because of that - the press getting to high defensively - be critical of Dyche for that at times.

Last edited:
12 defeats at GP under Dyche from his 29 home games...

We`ve lost to :-

Villa
Fulham x2
Newcastle
Man City x 2
Wolves
Arsenal
Luton
Man Utd
West Ham
Brighton

In them 12 defeats we have scored 5 and conceded 29, GD -24

My point is the home games should be your bread and butter and a steady source of points, Dyche has taken 41 points at home from a possible 87.
His entire philosophy is small margins. He enters every game with the mindset of a 0-0 draw and snatch a goal

He would have rather lost 2-0 than try to score yesterday; its loser mentality because over the course of the season he knows his team don’t score so keeping the score line down will benefit him in the long run

And to make that decision even worse, he brought on a player that the club have been actively trying to sell for 2 years and his in the final 10 months of his contract, playing alongside a player in exactly the same situation. Why?? Because they have PL experience

Yes. Despite his words about it being more important to sort the sale of the club out than his won contract, the longer his future is uncertain the more it'll play on the minds of the squad.

Thelwell is in the same boat too, I think.

Think Thelwell knows he's likely ok next season though Dave, any new owner will look at how he's had to work under this and give him huge credit for trying to stop the ship sinking completely

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back