2024/25 Sean Dyche

The game wasn't dead at 1-0, we were pressuring them well at the start of the 2nd half and unfairly had a pen overturned. Gueye makes a mistake and then it's 2-0, the game was pretty much done then but confirmed when Young saw red.

Btw, I hate how much people linger on shots on target, that is an indicator of finishing, not an indicator of how well we played. Don't get me wrong I thought we were pretty poor in the final third yesterday, lots of times in the first half were we got into the right positions and had Brighton camped in their own half but lacked the cutting edge to make better opportunities.
After going 1 nil down managed to have 2 shots inside there box in the next 85 minutes of football

Actually be critical of the space also in front of the back four, we didn't sweep of track back in protection - that was partly because of a high defensive line and partly due to a general collapse - the third was indicative of that but there was warning before it.

The goals yesterday were really disappointing.

The first a squad ball in the box - criminal conceding a goal like that at this level.

The second a brain fart.

The third was evident of an overall collapse and the loss of a connection between midfield and attack.

Really disappointed with the collapse in the second half more on attitude then anything. Its not good enough and cant be tolerated.

Manager has a job of work this week.

Good to see a sensible post.

It's gonna be another grim season. But all that matters is not getting relegated really. It's sad that that's what we've become, but that's the reality of the situation.

He got it wrong yesterday, and people are acting emotionally, imo, because it was the first game. If he'd have saved his 'got it wrong today' (they all have them) for the second, third or fourth game, then I think there'd be a bit less of a kick back.

He will have us alright this season, imo, safely in mid-table. Will it be exciting? Probably not, but then we haven't even got a 'guaranteed' 10 goals a season player in the squad, so it's probably for the best at this point that we go with a conservative and workmanlike ethos. An attacking team that doesn't score enough goals is a recipe for disaster, and it truly puzzles me that a lot can't see that.

I liked our game the first 25 min, we forced them to many mistakes. The quality of the passes and decision-making in the final third was shocking again. There is this quality difference that's pretty much visible, how they acted after our mistakes and consequently punished.

In the end, it's one shot on target, but could have ended with 3-4 easily, if we somehow had accuracy. Donkey Doucoure offside all the time, bad first touches, [Poor language removed] crosses...

And yes, in the 2nd half we were tactically exposed again with a red and individual mistake that cost a game even more...
like I’ve said, we played really well in the opening 25. But as soon as they doubled up on Harrison and broke our press we didn’t react and no plan to change it up

Dom to the right, long ball and try to win the flick on is repeating the same tactics with different personnel

He put Ndiaye on who spent his time on the pitch at left back covering for myko. Everything was like for like, again

Good to see a sensible post.

It's gonna be another grim season. But all that matters is not getting relegated really. It's sad that that's what we've become, but that's the reality of the situation.

He got it wrong yesterday, and people are acting emotionally, imo, because it was the first game. If he'd have saved his 'got it wrong today' (they all have them) for the second, third or fourth game, then I think there'd be a bit less of a kick back.

He will have us alright this season, imo, safely in mid-table. Will it be exciting? Probably not, but then we haven't even got a 'guaranteed' 10 goals a season player in the squad, so it's probably for the best at this point that we go with a conservative and workmanlike ethos. An attacking team that doesn't score enough goals is a recipe for disaster, and it truly puzzles me that a lot can't see that.

Think that pretty much it mate, good post. My hope is we have added a bit of depth, that might see us through the winter and early Spring in particular - but its actually really disappointing that we are in the first week of the season and we are already in the midst of a bit on an injury crisis.

Most reactions are reactions to expectations really, we were in a relegation battle up until the last two games of the season last season - have we improved enough for that not to be a concern or a hard won objective - maybe not. But like you think we will be fine to.

The thing that disappointed me most yesterday was the attitude in the second half, think it sucked the life out of Goodison and sad to see so many empty seats in the last first day at the ground.

But this season will be a process rather then an event, so reacting week to week, will just wreck your head, the key is analysing now were it all went wrong and ensuring it doesn't happen again next week or in future games, its going to be a long season and we have to maintain standards set at our best last season - on effort and attitude that was sorely missing yesterday second half.

They guy talks crap about people being fit and not enough in preseason Watkins for villa missed all of there preseason and he started the first game

He doesn’t make one player better going on about they don’t have premier league experience how the are they ment to get it if you don’t play them

Need him gone asap

I feel a bit sorry for Keane, Holgate, Young et al. The club and Dyche have made them scapegoats/the face of mediocrity and for everyone to channel their distaste at the club with when really they should be nowhere near a starting lineup on the first day of the season.
They could find new clubs if they dropped down their wages. They only care about their bank statement.

Not seen any after match interviews as simply left the ground, got on the coach then into Wetherspoons for a couple of pints. So who did Dyche blame this time ? The players, Var , the fans. Maybe it was down yet again to his horrendous team selection, style of play (HOOF) and constantly playing his favourites.

Think that pretty much it mate, good post. My hope is we have added a bit of depth, that might see us through the winter and early Spring in particular - but its actually really disappointing that we are in the first week of the season and we are already in the midst of a bit on an injury crisis.

Most reactions are reactions to expectations really, we were in a relegation battle up until the last two games of the season last season - have we improved enough for that not to be a concern or a hard won objective - maybe not. But like you think we will be fine to.

The thing that disappointed me most yesterday was the attitude in the second half, think it sucked the life out of Goodison and sad to see so many empty seats in the last first day at the ground.

But this season will be a process rather then an event, so reacting week to week, will just wreck your head, the key is analysing now were it all went wrong and ensuring it doesn't happen again next week or in future games, its going to be a long season and we have to maintain standards set - on effort and attitude that was sorely missing yesterday second half.
Is this not on Dyche, what other teams have such injury issues at the start of a season, is this not an affect of the Dyche fitness regime which is no longer fit for the modern game?

Like I said previously most teams have moved past pre season fitness and working on the tactical side of the game yet here is our gaffer still trying to kill them with extreme fitness....

But this season will be a process rather then an event, so reacting week to week, will just wreck your head, the key is analysing now were it all went wrong and ensuring it doesn't happen again next week or in future games, its going to be a long season and we have to maintain standards set - on effort and attitude that was sorely missing yesterday second half.

Ndiaye & Lindstrom are too hyped up by the fanbase.

Both could prove to be decent additions but ultimately both struggled at their respective clubs last season.

We've had a few players missing most of pre season with injury, such as Tarks & Myko who both looked off it yesterday.

Whether you rate Dyche or not, the man will NOT be getting sacked this season.

The objective this season is midtable. Next season we have BMD and hopefully either Uncle Uz back in some capacity or some filthy rich Sheikh.

Until then its limited GP revenue & US carpetbaggers loaning the club money.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back