2024/25 Sean Dyche

Ndiaye & Lindstrom are too hyped up by the fanbase.

Both could prove to be decent additions but ultimately both struggled at their respective clubs last season.

We've had a few players missing most of pre season with injury, such as Tarks & Myko who both looked off it yesterday.

Whether you rate Dyche or not, the man will NOT be getting sacked this season.

The objective this season is midtable. Next season we have BMD and hopefully either Uncle Uz back in some capacity or some filthy rich Sheikh.

Until then its limited GP revenue & US carpetbaggers loaning the club money.

They might be overhyped. It's the rb situation that wound me up.

Is this not on Dyche, what other teams have such injury issues at the start of a season, is this not an affect of the Dyche fitness regime which is no longer fit for the modern game?

Like I said previously most teams have moved past pre season fitness and working on the tactical side of the game yet here is our gaffer still trying to kill them with extreme fitness....
He even said that up until the Coventry game, 30th Jul, we had not done any tactics work.

2 weeks before the season starts and they had not worked on any tactical gameplan. And it showed yesterday

That’s all well and good if the you’re winning or drawing and you need to hold on to something

We were 2-0 down. Again, awful mindset

4-4-1 is pretty much the only formation any team plays when you go down to 10 men. It's very hard to take the game to a team like Brighton in that scenario as they are so good at keeping the ball.

Look mate, I think you and I could go round in circles about this. You'll say he should have made changes at 1-0, and I'll say that I'm pretty sure he would have but in the space of 5 mins Gueye gives up a soft one and Young gets himself sent off.

Think that pretty much it mate, good post. My hope is we have added a bit of depth, that might see us through the winter and early Spring in particular - but its actually really disappointing that we are in the first week of the season and we are already in the midst of a bit on an injury crisis.

Most reactions are reactions to expectations really, we were in a relegation battle up until the last two games of the season last season - have we improved enough for that not to be a concern or a hard won objective - maybe not. But like you think we will be fine to.

The thing that disappointed me most yesterday was the attitude in the second half, think it sucked the life out of Goodison and sad to see so many empty seats in the last first day at the ground.

But this season will be a process rather then an event, so reacting week to week, will just wreck your head, the key is analysing now were it all went wrong and ensuring it doesn't happen again next week or in future games, its going to be a long season and we have to maintain standards set at our best last season - on effort and attitude that was sorely missing yesterday second half.

There's a very good chance I will turn on him myself at some point. But I always like to give them a chance, and dare I say it, be optimistic. I stuck with Martinez until the derby debacle, Lampard until Boxing Day, Turned on both Silva and Koeman about 2 weeks before they got booted.

Truth be told, I know my views are inconsequential, and I normally decide to turn on a manager when it looks obvious that they have 'lost' the players. Until then, they get my backing.

Tbf to people here today, it is very disheartening seeing Keane in the lineup. No matter what it becomes a talking point, and we all know he is off etc... I don't think Keane really did anything wrong yesterday funnily enough, Tarkowski looked the ropier of the two.

I think it'll be like Branthwaite last year though, as soon as the manager feels he is ready, O'Brien will be in the team and Keane won't.

hello buddies altho i now leave for a little sleep i would like to share this great post from buddy claus to help some of u and wish u all a beautiful sunday.

Perspective is a valuable tool.

Spend 90 minutes being angry, depressed, happy, bored or elated and give your emotions a healthy little workout. But then as it's literally a game it's healthy to just drop it there...maybe a little cooldown period rather than a complete on/off switch but still, leave it there.

There's enough genuinely crappy stuff to get legitimately angry about. I've long since learned to not take Ebepton too seriously. It's as bad as fans who think because their club has won something then they have themselves achieved or somehow have an inflated sense of self worth which places them on a pedestal above other people.

4-4-1 is pretty much the only formation any team plays when you go down to 10 men. It's very hard to take the game to a team like Brighton in that scenario as they are so good at keeping the ball.

Look mate, I think you and I could go round in circles about this. You'll say he should have made changes at 1-0, and I'll say that I'm pretty sure he would have but in the space of 5 mins Gueye gives up a soft one and Young gets himself sent off.
I think the vast majority of fans would say this to be honest.

There's a very good chance I will turn on him myself at some point. But I always like to give them a chance, and dare I say it, be optimistic. I stuck with Martinez until the derby debacle, Lampard until Boxing Day, Turned on both Silva and Koeman about 2 weeks before they got booted.

Truth be told, I know my views are inconsequential, and I normally decide to turn on a manager when it looks obvious that they have 'lost' the players. Until then, they get my backing.
I was redy to give him the benefit of doubt with how we finished and the players we have so far got in and I thought he might be trying to change his ways
As soon as the team sheet came out I wanted him gone again such a negative manager

Ndiaye & Lindstrom are too hyped up by the fanbase.

Both could prove to be decent additions but ultimately both struggled at their respective clubs last season.

We've had a few players missing most of pre season with injury, such as Tarks & Myko who both looked off it yesterday.

Whether you rate Dyche or not, the man will NOT be getting sacked this season.

The objective this season is midtable. Next season we have BMD and hopefully either Uncle Uz back in some capacity or some filthy rich Sheikh.

Until then its limited GP revenue & US carpetbaggers loaning the club money.

Think that a fair systemic point mate, what was stark in analysis for me yesterday is how well Brighton have done on finance and recruitment and what its created compared to ourselves, sad as it is was a game Vs teams one who spent 150 mill in the summer on a squad that was in Europe already last season VS a team relying on loans, frees and structured deals - did it show - prob not all that much first half - but in the second half you'd believe it - the starkness in option perhaps starting and as the game want on - i think it showed. Its evidence how the off he field mess hurts us.

Id be critical of dyche in the sense, i thouht we looked really under cooked yesterday, first goal being indictive - square ball into the box - i dont think we are conceding that goal in four weeks. Lads didn't look switched on at times - Idrissa second and i think the attitude and standard in the second half sucked - so id be critical of Dyche on that.

As for Ndiaye and Lindstrom, id go against the grain and say they shouldn't have started yesterday - purely on the basis on man management, he has a group of lads there last season who went to the well and succeeded in very adverse circumstances, if you disenfranchise that - you undermine the squad. Take Lampard and Doucoure n his second season as an example - you dont do it. But i will say this, none of the lads who started yesterday did themselves any favors in hanging on to their shirt - they are in a fight this season to hang on to them with the two lads as options and i think and hope a couple will be lucky to hang on to their shirt next week - thats how it should they have to earn those places.

Brighton came from behind against us with 10 men last year. Because they showed fight and weren't willing to give up

Instead our manager subbed off an attacking winger for Mason Holgate.

It's as much about mentality as it is quality. We will never get better under this manager and his outdated methods.

Think that pretty much it mate, good post. My hope is we have added a bit of depth, that might see us through the winter and early Spring in particular - but its actually really disappointing that we are in the first week of the season and we are already in the midst of a bit on an injury crisis.

Most reactions are reactions to expectations really, we were in a relegation battle up until the last two games of the season last season - have we improved enough for that not to be a concern or a hard won objective - maybe not. But like you think we will be fine to.

The thing that disappointed me most yesterday was the attitude in the second half, think it sucked the life out of Goodison and sad to see so many empty seats in the last first day at the ground.

But this season will be a process rather then an event, so reacting week to week, will just wreck your head, the key is analysing now were it all went wrong and ensuring it doesn't happen again next week or in future games, its going to be a long season and we have to maintain standards set at our best last season - on effort and attitude that was sorely missing yesterday second half.

I agree with everything in this post except the in a relegation battle until the last few games thing. In a normal season on pure points earned Everton were safe for a good while... For me that is where we are, comfortably mid-table.

1st goal there's 6 attacking players completely took out of the game when possession is lost. Tarkowski ball watches and Gueye just gives up tracking the man.
2nd goal there's 4 players pushing into attacking positions and Gueye trys to play sideways instead of direct and loses possession.
Red card Young trys to play a bit instead of getting his head under it and back out.
3rd goal Tarkowski completely ignores we're down to 10 men and decides to singlehandedly press 15-20 yards into the opposition half.

If we actually played this 'DycheBall' a bit more consistently there's an argument to be made it would work better.

I totally get the frustration with starting Keane but I don't see that as the cause of yesterdays defeat and Tarkowski was genuinely much worse. And while Holgate isn't the answer to getting back into the game that poor result could have easily turned into a 5-6 or more drubbing given the decisions being made by some players.

If he apologised to supporters for his team selection and tactics, he might recoup some credit. Instead he wasted it by implyiing Evertonians are fickle, fairweather people (kind of 'they obly sing when we're winning vibe).

He's not very bright, it seems - that's a battle he's never going to win. He substitutes sense with a smug, "I'm the only adult in the ground" attitude which just alienates him and his gaggle of winged monkeys from a very large section of the crowd.

A man of very modest talent and an ego the size of a rhinosaurus.

Remember Brighton going down to 10 men when 1-0 down against us last season. No prizes for guessing what happened.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back