2024/25 Sean Dyche

he is at Villa, wasn't that good when he was with us mate.

Ah was you one of the many "Crap him, sell him for £50m all day" :lol:

Record signing for Emery/Monchi's Villa, based on playing in a struggling Everton team.

That lad will win the games biggest titles - as I said regularly when he was here.

An academy lad who hadn't played top flight football, and Mangala coming in for Onana is no improvement. Trust me, if Dyche could have kept Onana over them two - he does.

Record signing for Emery/Monchi's Villa, based on playing in a struggling Everton team.

That lad will win the games biggest titles - as I said regularly when he was here.

An academy lad who hadn't played top flight football, and Mangala coming in for Onana is no improvement. Trust me, if Dyche could have kept Onana over them two - he does.

I don't see you're problem with what I'm saying mate. Onana hardly did anything for us under Dyche and if I remember right towards the end Dyche didn't even start him.

Dyche dropped him didn’t he? Not sure this is correct.

I also agree that there was always a player in Onana that a proper manager would get the best out of.

I don't see you're problem with what I'm saying mate. Onana hardly did anything for us under Dyche and if I remember right towards the end Dyche didn't even start him.

Well, on talking on whether we should be better than last season - you're saying summer signings improved us 'big style'.

I don't think so, as I said before a ball was kicked;

Never seen either kick a ball but N'Diaye/Lindstrom can't be worse than Danjuma.

Be surprised if Iroegbunam is as good as Onana.

Not sure how much O'Brien will play with Branthwaite and Tarkowski but at least any centre half injury now doesn't mean Holgate or Keane,.

We were very fortunate last season with no real injuries.

I think the bookies are spot on with their assessment - they have Leciester (point deducion), Ipswich, Southampton favourites, with Forest/us level.

We're in the mix. We've got no depth. I think we're the slowest team in the league and we're relying on N'Diaye/Lindstrom to make the difference.

We've averaged 41 points over the last 3 years.

Has that much changed?

NDiaye looks a belter, thankfully. Hopefully he can find some goals/creaitivty in the final third because that would be massive. Also looks like he can progress play.

Iroegbunam looks good against expectations that was on the floor, I didn't think he'd play, but not having he's better than Onana. Often said people would rewrite Onana here to justifty them continually slating him here. He was an effective player for us, he doesn't get in Belgiums Euros or a big transfer if he wasn't.

The summer was another in which we didn't invest in the team - a team which has been scrapping relegation for 3 seasons.

Well, as I said in bold here;

You might recall massive point deductions last season - we weren't sacking and hiring a new manager in the summer.

Because, again - as you said the week we hired Dyche;

Nothing has changed since then - in fact, it's worse. Since then, that's multiple transfer windows with big profit, and point deductions proving what a chaotic club we are. How many managers are lining up?

Until there's new ownership in place, we're still scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

People can, and should acknowledge the job he's done. It doesn't mean you're saying you want him here beyond his contract.

If he left tomorrow, history would be very kind to Dyche at Everton.
I largely agree with that but also I’d note how easily and quickly things can change . Had things not improved dramatically at HT we could easily be 5 points behind palace and below Southampton on GD about to face Newcastle with the real prospect of going into the international break rock bottom . Then I suspect he’d have both been under real pressure and would have been viewed slightly differently.

If we are in a relegation battle when the Friedkins come in, expect them to pull the trigger on Dyche fairly rapidly. If however we are bobbing along in the lower reaches of mid table, I would expect him to stay until the end of his contract. I don't believe that there is a cat in Hell's chance of them giving him a new contract and they would be correct, we will never be more than a bottom 8 team under this manager.

He kept us up in his first season, he kept us up in his second season, but, for long periods in both seasons it looked like we would go down. He is not, in my opinion, capable of developing a side here which can regularly play cohesive football and be tactically adept and he will not be able to fulfill the new owners ambitions.

His personality has not helped him, he is every bit as difficult to like as Allardyce and Benitez were, his arrogance and shameless deflection during his pressers is a very difficult watch. I for one will be delighted when he becomes part of our history, but there is no point in replacing him before the end of his contract unless he really looks like he's taking us down.

….Onana has all the attributes to play for the top clubs but I was always concerned about his attitude/application, which I think is part of the reason Dyche left him out at times.

You could see teammates persuading him to carry on when he went down injured and there were reports of him asking to come off at half-time, sometimes because of tiredness. I always remember that towering header at Burnley (I think) but I never really trusted him when the going got tough.

Dyche dropped him didn’t he? Not sure this is correct.

I also agree that there was always a player in Onana that a proper manager would get the best out of.

Dropped him after the Chelsea 6-0 horror show. We beat Forest the next game and he kept a winning team, as he should.

We were then safe - and a player we knew we had to sell, and tried to sell desperately prior Euro 2024 kicking off.

But he was a mainstay in his team prior then.

….Onana has all the attributes to play for the top clubs but I was always concerned about his attitude/application, which I think is part of the reason Dyche left him out at times.

You could see teammates persuading him to carry on when he went down injured and there were reports of him asking to come off at half-time, sometimes because of tiredness. I always remember that towering header at Burnley (I think) but I never really trusted him when the going got tough.

As debated to death, he suffered from playing for Everton - as James Garner often does. A consequence of the necessity of relegation fodder, % football.

To Onana, and Calvert-Lewin's biggest critics - I used Gordon as the example in the consequence of Everton. The lad scored/assist more than our entire team last season.

But anyone who has any clue on football whatsoever could see Onana is a top player.

Dropped him after the Chelsea 6-0 horror show. We beat Forest the next game and he kept a winning team, as he should.

We were then safe - and a player we knew we had to sell, and tried to sell desperately prior Euro 2024 kicking off.

But he was a mainstay in his team prior then.
Fair comment, I felt he was bombed and out the side for longer than that tbh.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back