2024/25 Sean Dyche

The issue is whether the players have stopped playing for him. There’s been rumblings that a few senior pros have lost respect for him since the Patterson “incident” and a few have grown tired of his methods and tactics which is stifling their play. When he was axed at Burnley, there were respected journalists saying that senior members of the squad won’t be disappointed with that decision.

If you have players that will no longer run through brick walls for you, especially a squad that isn’t the best to begin with, then you’ve got a recipe for absolute disaster. We simply can’t sleepwalk in to relegation with a stadium move next year. At some point and some point soon, you just have to role the dice and make a change.

I think either way this will come out in the same way tho. He starts picking up points to get us out the bottom 3 or at least ensure we are still tightly joined with a good bunch of teams even if in bottom 3, then they won’t care about rumours he’s lost the players. I don’t think he has, based on all but last two games….which I haven’t seen.

If he has and we continue on this run, with that being a major factor, he will be gone before the situation becomes extreme and irretrievable for the next recipient of millions of Evertons money

I said we had a depleted side. I didn't comment on Southampton.

If I was to comment on Southampton - I'd say they made optional changes.

They have a bigger squad than we do and considerably less injuries.

We're threadbare, and we had these players unavailable...

Branthwaite
Coleman
Patterson
Chermiti
Mykolenko
Calvert-Lewin
Broja
Tarkowski
Gana Gueye
Garner

Apparently Southampton's bigger squad, had 2 injured last night.

Their fans responded well to their team sheet on social. Ours? Well, less so...

Bigger squad doesn't mean better squad. Would you take Adam Lallana from them? Ryan Fraser? Adam Armstrong?

Perhaps I'm just more realistic about where we are as a club and our limitations whereas some loonies on here were talking about a European push.

Perhaps also I don't pump worth into things like possession stats when they're absolutely redundant without context and analysing the wider spectrum of the game.
Who expected Europe?

Disgraceful booing by some whilst the game is 1-1. I've got a good mind to have a word in Bellews ear to see if he and some of his heavies want to start patrolling the ground and start giving some of the worst idiots a clip.

We should have won last night. Once again, pony finishing by our players cost us.

Everything you write makes me want to kick you in the face I can't lie.

I wouldn't call myself a supporter, let's say I'm a Dyche accepter! 🙃

I haven't been able to see last two games, but my view is still that he will ultimately get enough points to keep us up and that I don't care about how crap we play or these depressing losing runs. Nothings changing until we have new owners, just keep us in the league.

I'd expect we get 4 PTS minimum from the next 3 games and we will be on our way. Most seasons he seems to be a guarantee of keeping you up given his average PPG. He was capable of some real lows last season, but also some decent mid table type performances and a couple of very good games, so I don't yet see this run as anything different than that. I reckon they see it as simple as that.

This run continues over next 3 or 4 games OR the crowd absolutely loses it, then I'd say he is done for and I'll be dreading whatever their next move will be. Neil Warnock's cat or something.
He causes a lot of the relegation style from the style of football, his PPG is shocking 7 wins in 31 and ones Doncaster, have won 5 PL games in 8 months. Currently last 6 games LLLLLL against PL teams otherwise it’s LLWLLL the W Doncaster. 1st season we stayed up by sheer fluke, the 5-1 win over Brighton and Leicester self imploding, Pope wonder save and Bournemouth on the drink. Last year we stayed up by 14 points(with 2 point deduction) and didn’t win a game from Dec 17 till April. 14 games.

Last 15 games is this in the league
LLDWLWWWDWLLLLL WON 5 D2 L8

Beat Liverpool. Burnley.Forest,Brentford an Sheff Utd Drew with Luton, Brighton we finished above 5 of them

I understand the fear associated with a leap into the unknown, but I think this squad was made less Dychey in the summer.

There are far better managers suited to this squad than chip and charge Dyche.

….and that’s where I disagree. There’s plenty of what I think are lazy stereotypes about Dyche but if you listened to his post-match press conferences last season, he was as frustrated as us with the lack of quality in possession and finishing.

Posters said Doucoure will never be dropped but his game time this season is limited (not sure he even got on the pitch at Villa). I think he was keen on the acquisition of better quality in the top third to give him options at no10.

Last night clearly demonstrated Young is our only effective LB cover, McNeil was defensively dreadful and needed to be replaced yet the emphasis is on Young. Dyche took Beto and Doucoure off and finished the game with an attacking axis of; Ndiaye, Lindstom, McNeil and Harrison, pretty much what posters are calling for and hardly suited to ‘Hoofball’ tactics.

If you went to the Bournemouth game, some of the stuff played was terrific but of course I understand the manager should be accountable for that last 10mins. Look back in December of last seasons Dyche thread and many posters were very complimentary of our playing style.

5 wins , nine months
Football is dire .
Can't score
Can't defend
Plays Keane despite the numbers saying he shouldn't, (not that he was at fault last night)
Gets outhought to often by other managers and is slow to change if they do.
Subs are baffling.
Crowd have no faith in him or his team, expecting to get beat now.
Really needs to up his game in the next two games or it will turn very nasty with the fans.
Got the feeling of Rafael all over again at the moment.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back