2024/25 Sean Dyche

I've emailed Chong and anticipating a call anytime now to offer me the job.

Name - Franco Maccavennie
Age - 46
Country of birth - unknown
Star sign - libra
Coaching qualifications - NVQ level 2
Previous clubs - Orange club and original club
Preferred style of play - winning
Best advice given - giz a job, I can do that.

I go youth, only have experience at Eibar, but several that played under me later went La Liga, best was Oyarzabal.

Potter lost more than he won at Brighton.

They were on 40 points with Houghton.

He earned 41 points, 41 points than an impressive 51 (A mighty 1 win above our last season 48) but my view is he benefitted from Brighton's setup. A symptom, rather than cause.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but he'd have been long hounded out by Everton before his 3rd season there.
Ok yes, but like I've said he lost more because he spent the first two years changing the whole philosophy at the club, my point being we shouldn't be so quick to judge him for the first year or two when he was rebuilding, but judge him in his final year or whatever it was.

I'd feel a million times better going into the new era with a younger manager who has a history of building up teams than dyche or someone similar

Roll up, roll up.

1726673357599.webp

Wayne Rooney was 2nd choice on this list a couple of weeks ago.

Potter is currently in the lead.

31% win rate, Potter.

Thats less than Dyche at Burnley, and Everton. According to the ever reliable Wikipedia...

No defence.

I'm merely pointing out that this was the bench;

View attachment 273702

The game before, you and many others - just slated Dyche for not putting fresh legs on.

He did so this time.

I'm looking at the bench and thinking, what's the point in making any changes.

He doesn't make changes - slated.

He makes changes - slated.

The Bournemouth game( which he had won) he brought on the two players who are possibly the worst at the club at retaining the ball. We've got a few but doucoure and beto in particular are diabolical. It was a very bizare decision at that stage to throw on players who were zero outlet. Then at 2-1 he still refused to use 3 subs left available. Even if not tactical, break the bloody flow of bournemouth. Anything. Nope. Stood there picking his nose while everyone feared what was coming, came. .
My expectations of Dyche are low. Always have been. But he's exceeded those low expectations so far in spectacular fashion. He looks like he's got nothing to offer when you at least expected organisation fitness and shape. We dont look any better than anybody on that front. Worse in many cases.

The Bournemouth game( which he had won) he brought on the two players who are possibly the worst at the club at retaining the ball. We've got a few but doucoure and beto in particular are diabolical. It was a very bizare decision at that stage to throw on players who were zero outlet. Then at 2-1 he still refused to use 3 subs left available. Even if not tactical, break the bloody flow of bournemouth. Anything. Nope. Stood there picking his nose while everyone feared what was coming, came. .
My expectations of Dyche are low. Always have been. But he's exceeded those low expectations so far in spectacular fashion. He looks like he's got nothing to offer when you at least expected organisation fitness and shape. We dont look any better than anybody on that front. Worse in many cases.

I shared my view that he had a stinker against Bournemouth.

The manager didn't help, and his post match comments were very poor but even if I was manager of a league one team - I'd expect to see out a 2-0 win at home from the 87th minute to Bournemouth. Players let us down more than anyone.

I'm sure it still goes on the balance sheet for the year. Think Benitez's did when he pocketed a cool £10.5mill
I find the accountancy rules for football baffling, tbh. For example, why does the full fee for a player sale go on that year's books, whereas a player purchase is amortised over the length of a contract despite the fact that both deals work on installments?

Maybe.

4 games though, 4 games the bookies backed us to lose.

3 of the 4 I expected us to lose.

Last season, 48 points was pretty comfortable. The safest we've been in 3 years - and we've sold more than we've bought in each of them 3 years.

Aye, dont think it happened myself either mate. I dont think Dyche decided to lash Dixon left back and McNeil right back for 5 minutes. Reckon he was just caught on the wrong side for one spell of play.

Answered this loads mate.

I've also said if he doesnt get results in the next 2, then results are what that are and you have to look at changing it.

You continually confuse me talking about how bad we are as a team/club, with it just being a defence of Dyche. It's not, I'm saying we're in a bad way no matter the manager.

Ultimately - if you sack him, you have to replace him.

I'm not convinced we'd do that to any worthwhile degree, because.... well, people are talking up Potter. Or Moyes.
On the bookies bit
What odds were we when 2.0 in both games and lost both .

Look at the teams we play in cups. We STILL sit back most of the time. I get that "possession" is an overrated stat but we don't even control games against league 2 sides. It's really crazy just how unwilling to change he is.
This all day long.
They can't score if we have the ball (unless it's Keane of course).
But yes - every team we play - at whatever level seemingly - dominates possession against us.
This is all on the manager and coaches and cannot be allowed to continue.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back