2024/25 Sean Dyche

He might be a bit arrogant but he's not stupid. He must know this isnt good for him. If they have an ounce of ambition he's heading for the exit. Maybe a bit of history repeating itself as Watford got rid of him when new owners came in in 2012.
I think his time at Everton is closing in.

He might be a bit arrogant but he's not stupid. He must know this isnt good for him. If they have an ounce of ambition he's heading for the exit. Maybe a bit of history repeating itself as Watford got rid of him when new owners came in in 2012.

I hope of getting rid of Dyche, but not going the same path of managers as them. 20 managers in 12y without caretakers.

Think he will have offers when he goes as the Dyche PR has been strong with words like "miracle worker". Poor souls who end up with him. Is his footy worse than Allardyche?
Well, it's horses for courses. He did the job he was asked to do for us: keep us up. Nothing else was required by the ownership. He was well paid for that. He will find similar employment in the future.

Think he will have offers when he goes as the Dyche PR has been strong with words like "miracle worker". Poor souls who end up with him. Is his footy worse than Allardyche?
in 2024 who hires a firefighter manager these days (other than us). Teams now days would sooner be relegated with a manager they can build on and come up stronger rather than spend big on a short term fix then repeat the same struggles season after season.

maybe a Palace would bring him in if things went sour with their current manager. They’ve tended to hire a pragmatic manager to secure safety when the more exciting manager doesn’t deliver but no one wants to play DycheBall anymore

in 2024 who hires a firefighter manager these days (other than us). Teams now days would sooner be relegated with a manager they can build on and come up stronger rather than spend big on a short term fix then repeat the same struggles season after season.

maybe a Palace would bring him in if things went sour with their current manager. They’ve tended to hire a pragmatic manager to secure safety when the more exciting manager doesn’t deliver but no one wants to play DycheBall anymore
Sam Allardyce's last job was in 2023. So it didn't happen for one season. Hardly a 'nobody does it anymore' thing

Well, it's horses for courses. He did the job he was asked to do for us: keep us up. Nothing else was required by the ownership. He was well paid for that. He will find similar employment in the future.

This is the thing though when people go on about people dying on a hill for Dyche or building a shrine to him and all that nonsense. I think I’ve only seen one person on here who wants him to stay beyond the end of the current season and that was Dave and even that was only potentially for one further one, and it was before the ownership announcement.

As far as most are concerned now we are taken over its job done as per the contract we brought him in on. If he goes now the new owners are selecting a long term strategic choice rather than Kia telling Moshiri he’s got Vitor Pereira free for an interim on sky high wages to keep us up. If the owners want to keep him until the summer he has completed his contract and we shake hands.

Who would sooner be relegated? Which teams?

Yeah I think he’s damned either way now. If things get any worse I imagine TFG will demand the trigger is pulled even before PL approval- it’s their money ultimately at stake.

If he does turn it round and stabilises us mid-table by the time their approval comes through I think they’ll still have itchy trigger fingers because that position would simply make us more attractive to the sort of name manager they’ll likely want- see out the season then begin a big project in the summer.

He will not get another Premier League job after us, the game has moved on so much. Look at the promoted teams coming up all football managers, the Dinosaur managers are becoming extinct Benitez Alladyce Dyche Moyes etc.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back