Sean Dyche

Would you be happy with Sean Dyche??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a case of the managers qualities it's also the case of the them being able to attract talent.

Ancelloti is a name who can attract. Tuchel will have a buzz about him.

Dyche has all the pull of a gummy 40 year old in the Lisbon at 3am.

Voted yes. Wouldn’t be my 1st choice, but certainly preferable to Moyes.

TBH, I really don’t know if he could take us to the next level. I’m sure he’d be solid at least. I’ve liked the guy since I first saw/heard him. He’s honest, balanced, realistic, but looks to have real belief & determination. Doesn’t look like a man who’d accept players giving less than 100%. 38% win rate with Watford & Burnley in this league is pretty impressive. He definitely deserves a crack at a bigger club. I’d love to get a Tuchel or Ancelotti, but if it is to be Dyche, I’d be optimist.

Probably one of the funniest blokes in football going at the moment. Transformed Burnley, but would it be another Moyes to Untied, one step too far?

Burnley fan here, semi in peace.

I’m 38, near 39. Growing up I loved the Hafnia kit you had, I loved Kevin Sheedy, Derek Mountfield and Inchy Heath. I remember Predrag Radosavljevic and Joe Parkinson and Billy Kenny. I’ve always had a soft spot for Everton.

But some of the posts on this thread are delusional, disrespectful and utter tutt to a manager who’s team schooled you on your own pitch and popped 24 passes together before passing it into your net.

Don’t listen to what other managers say about our style. They’re making excuses after we’ve beaten their more expensive styles. Don’t judge Dyche on his shaven head and gravel voice but look at the words he says, what his players say about him.

Dyche is a bloody good manager and what he’s done is a miracle. When we beat you last month Koeman was going on about what we spent, but used your net spend as a comparison against our gross spend, ignoring the near £50 million we took in for Gray and Keane this summer.

Dyche, first and foremostly is a pragmatist. When he took us over he didn’t have a pot to piss in so built a strong defence which got us promoted. We didn’t have a huge budget our first time in the Prem so went with what he knew. We got relegated but came back up as Champions having scored more than anybody in the division. We didn’t steamroller sides playing expansive football but that was because Dyche didn’t want to do major surgery on the team, which proved the right decision after we stayed up last year.

This year we are playing better football. Steven Defour and Jack Cork are working like dogs but have quality on the ball. Some of you will sneer at this because we didn’t pay £45 million for them and Cork is English, but the reality of their performances speak for themselves.

When Dyche has had more resources he has improved the quality of our play. Our defence is incredibly organised and he gets the absolute best out of players, and if he did that with your lot you’d be 10 places higher in the league at least.

He managed Barton better than anybody ever has, plus Steven Defour is a character who was difficult last year but is now playing very well. He absolutely would have the respect of your players.

Talk of Tuchel and Ancelotti is madness. Look at the clubs Ancelotti has managed and then look where you are now ..... and I say that with all due respect. There’s no chance.

And you’d be better going Wagner than Tuchel, who has delusions of grandeur based on not actually that much.

I don’t think Dyche will get your job, and that’s fair enough ..... and obviously great for me as a Burnley fan. But stop this blythe dismissal of his qualities, it’s incredibly ignorant. He’d do a good job for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Would stabilise us, just not convinced he could take us beyond mid table. Bill is probably keen on him or Howe. The Mosh will want a name. For me Silva or Wagner but Dyche would be ok.

View attachment 41476
What a magnificent looking man. Get him in Mosh.

He ain't got nothing on Paulo Fonseca ... my handsome prince

5.webp

In all seriousness if we want to bridge the gap with the top 6 over the next couple of seasons, would Dyche be able to attract top players? It's a bit "meh" for me. But if I was a player and heard that Tuchel or Ancelotti were interested it would make me sit up and listen.

I’m 38, near 39. Growing up I loved the Hafnia kit you had, I loved Kevin Sheedy, Derek Mountfield and Inchy Heath. I remember Predrag Radosavljevic and Joe Parkinson and Billy Kenny. I’ve always had a soft spot for Everton.

But some of the posts on this thread are delusional, disrespectful and utter tutt to a manager who’s team schooled you on your own pitch and popped 24 passes together before passing it into your net.

Don’t listen to what other managers say about our style. They’re making excuses after we’ve beaten their more expensive styles. Don’t judge Dyche on his shaven head and gravel voice but look at the words he says, what his players say about him.

Dyche is a bloody good manager and what he’s done is a miracle. When we beat you last month Koeman was going on about what we spent, but used your net spend as a comparison against our gross spend, ignoring the near £50 million we took in for Gray and Keane this summer.

Dyche, first and foremostly is a pragmatist. When he took us over he didn’t have a pot to piss in so built a strong defence which got us promoted. We didn’t have a huge budget our first time in the Prem so went with what he knew. We got relegated but came back up as Champions having scored more than anybody in the division. We didn’t steamroller sides playing expansive football but that was because Dyche didn’t want to do major surgery on the team, which proved the right decision after we stayed up last year.

This year we are playing better football. Steven Defour and Jack Cork are working like dogs but have quality on the ball. Some of you will sneer at this because we didn’t pay £45 million for them and Cork is English, but the reality of their performances speak for themselves.

When Dyche has had more resources he has improved the quality of our play. Our defence is incredibly organised and he gets the absolute best out of players, and if he did that with your lot you’d be 10 places higher in the league at least.

He managed Barton better than anybody ever has, plus Steven Defour is a character who was difficult last year but is now playing very well. He absolutely would have the respect of your players.

Talk of Tuchel and Ancelotti is madness. Look at the clubs Ancelotti has managed and then look where you are now ..... and I say that with all due respect. There’s no chance.

And you’d be better going Wagner than Tuchel, who has delusions of grandeur based on not actually that much.

I don’t think Dyche will get your job, and that’s fair enough ..... and obviously great for me as a Burnley fan. But stop this blythe dismissal of his qualities, it’s incredibly ignorant. He’d do a good job for you.

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with anything you say

However I actually firmly believe Dyche would turn us down. Something Koeman probably wishes he had done whilst at Southampton. It’s quite clear Dyche has a project at Burnley and looks very much focused on it. I’m not sure Everton would appeal to him. I believe Koeman only joined us due to the substantial can’t refuse offer we made him

Great post that. I think he's a very good up and coming manager I'm just not sure he's what we need with the squad of footballers we have. Do we have the players to go more a direct?I am not so sure as Koeman tried that in desperation. He'd certainly keep us up and get us organised and to midtable, he sounds like the new David Moyes. The issue is we should be ambitious for more, I know it sounds fanciful given our current position but the backing and size of club demands this. Good luck to Burnley though my dad is a fan.

SCHOOL US LAD

Right now - yes
Is he a manager to win cups - unproven. We’d have to wait and see but to clear our mess right now I’d welcome him.

You're utterly right though. Not my first choice, but certainly has a lot of the qualities our team needs in its current state. Would not be disappointed if we got him

Cheers for that. I've been asking for anybody who wants him in to indicate why they think he could possibly take us forward and challenge the top and maybe win something, because for me we need to believe the manager is possible of that if we hire him.

The description you have given above to be honest sounds like an Everton fan defending Moyes when he was dismissed for just being a hoof merchant. We also played some good stuff under him and when he had us stabilized at times during his time with us he would build some quality on top of that and allow us to play a bit more.

The problem is his default was always backs to the wall, knife to a gunfight and % football. I'd want to believe Dyche can completely change his default approach before I'd consider him to be honest.

He obviously is a good manager though and has done a great job though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back