Sean Dyche

Would you be happy with Sean Dyche??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather have fat Sam and I really don't want fat Sam.
In what world is Fat Sam better than Scary Sean?

In what world is Fat Sam better than anybody?. And I include both Warnock and Pardew in that statement.

I actually love Dyche as a person and have a lot of respect for him as a manager, and think he would have been ideal for us maybe 10 years ago. He isn't going to move us on to the next level though.

I suppose it all depends on where we actually are now. Some fans believe we are really in deep doodoo and whoever comes in is going to face a massive battle just to retain our Premier status. If that is the truth, then Dyche would be the ideal manager for us now. Personally, I don't think we're as bad as that and place 90% of our issues at the ex managers door. I still think we have the 7th best squad in the league, and 3/4 additions coupled with the right manager would see us mount a top four challenge in future seasons.

We'll soon find out who's right I suppose.

Some of the comments in here on this fella are hilarious !

Burnley are a hard working side give him credit for that but their game plan is park the bus and get a lucky goal or catch a team on a off day that kind of luck can't continue they will soon be struggling ,been there and done that under Moyes

defo a no vote for me

Their goal against us wasn't lucky by a long stretch mate.

In what world is Fat Sam better than anybody?. And I include both Warnock and Pardew in that statement.

I actually love Dyche as a person and have a lot of respect for him as a manager, and think he would have been ideal for us maybe 10 years ago. He isn't going to move us on to the next level though.

I suppose it all depends on where we actually are now. Some fans believe we are really in deep doodoo and whoever comes in is going to face a massive battle just to retain our Premier status. If that is the truth, then Dyche would be the ideal manager for us now. Personally, I don't think we're as bad as that and place 90% of our issues at the ex managers door. I still think we have the 7th best squad in the league, and 3/4 additions coupled with the right manager would see us mount a top four challenge in future seasons.

Is that you Dyche !!!

The other thing as well, before I outstay my welcome and you tell me to do one.

All this talk of him being able to attract new players ....... does Everton really need more new players right now? You signed loads this summer and half your lot won’t even know each other yet, the last thing you need is chucking a load more into the mix.

You have a good keeper. You won’t believe me but Keane is a great defender. Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Gylfi haven’t all become bad players overnight. Lookman, Calvert-Lewin, Holgate and Kenny are all very promising. The basis of a good side is there, they just aren’t being managed properly .... and Dyche will do that.

We signed Defour last season, and whilstbthat might not mean much to you it was a big deal to us. Belgian international, a bit of pedigree, a “name player” by our standards. He showed glimpses of real quality on the ball but he wasn’t fit enough for our style so Dyche stopped playing him. He’s come back, done a proper pre-season with us and now he’s running more than most and still has that quality.

We didn’t bin him off after 3 months. We didn’t buy another player to replace him. We made him better. I look at Klaassen being written off by you lot after 10 games and just laugh.

More players is not always the answer.

Nobody should tell you to do one mate. You are spot on with that, we need to develop the player see have.

I suppose I see Dyche as very similar to our own interim boss Unsworth. Very similar values. Dyche has a great record at first team Level but Unsworth has the added advantage of knowing the club inside out.

Pickford has thrived with the added expectation, Keane has wilted.

But a good centre half can only operate as part of a good defense. Centre-halves are so reliant on their partnership, moreso than any other position on the field and we haven't got a chance to see him in that regard. We've played back 3, back 4, back 5, Jags, Holgate, Williams. There's a rich history of defenders who don't look like half the player they actually are when they're team is undergoing transitional periods. Look at Stones, for instance, writing off Keane now is madness.

We are not in deep doodoo and if we were I'd have fat Sam instead. Burnley is Dyche's level.

oh yes, if only to read @chicoazul previews on a Friday evening, he'd have a field day !.

I will just mention Howard came from Blackburn Rovers and If i'm right , they were a 3rd division side at the time. we do get carried away with big named managers, and ex players who have never managed any club.

I like to see managers who have served an apprentice and learned the trade as a manager coming into the club,I don't overly care from which division they come from, it seems man management is huge in the job, and our two previous have clearly not been great at that.
Dyche has those boxes ticked, so I think he should be in the reckoning at least.

You're right, we as Blues are highly prone to getting star struck

It happened a bit with Koeman if we're honest

We are not in deep doodoo and if we were I'd have fat Sam instead. Burnley is Dyche's level.
Never. I'd seriously burn my ST in protest and would boycott games (even on TV) whilst he is here.

He's the most obnoxious, spiteful, self serving, up his own arse penis I've ever come across in our beautiful game. I really really really hate him.:)

I take your point about Keane, but in response i’d say that he looks terrified because there are gaps all around him and he doesn’t know from one week to the next whether you’re playing 3 or 4 at the back and who his right back is going to be.

At Burnley when the opposition had the ball he knew Ben Mee was 10 yards to his left, Matt Lawton was 10 yards to his right, our wingers were tucked in and his central midfielders were sat in front of him. No space, no people being pulled about, organised, organised, organised.

To go from that to a revolving door defence with Cuco Martina to your right would destroy the best of them.

But a good centre half can only operate as part of a good defense. Centre-halves are so reliant on their partnership, moreso than any other position on the field and we haven't got a chance to see him in that regard. We've played back 3, back 4, back 5, Jags, Holgate, Williams. There's a rich history of defenders who don't look like half the player they actually are when they're team is undergoing transitional periods. Look at Stones, for instance, writing off Keane now is madness.
I have said - repeatedly - that i'm not writing Keane off at all. I wanted us to sign him, and I am sure that he will come good.

The point is that I don't think his performances can just be put down to others, and I think some of his crisis of confidence is due to added expectation. It's not the end of the world, it happens. Just to show that I'm not over inflating Everton's standing here, I remember seeing Fellaini in his first season at United and thinking how can he look so bad when I know he's a good player. I think the whole culture of winning at United and the stars he had around him made him nervous and unable to play to his best - going from being a big fish to a small fish was difficult for him. I also remember hearing James Beattie talking about how he struggled when he came to Everton because there was an expectation that he would score, rather than a hope as there had been at his previous clubs, he didn't respond well to it. Keane looks like that to me at the moment. When the crowd starts getting restless because of slow build up, he doesn't shrug it off and do what he knows is best, he bows to the perceived demand of the crowd and launches the ball aimlessly up the pitch. He's done it countless times this season.

Just to be totally clear, I like Keane, and I'm not completely averse to the idea of Dyche, but I think we have to take into account both the history and the supposed ambitions of the club when deciding how suited somebody is to the task ahead.

Never. I'd seriously burn my ST in protest and would boycott games (even on TV) whilst he is here.

He's the most obnoxious, spiteful, self serving, up his own arse penis I've ever come across in our beautiful game. I really really really hate him.:)
Manager-David-Moyes-shocked.webp

He's still grim and if we get him were going nowhere

Honestly nobody knows how anything will pan out until they have managed us.

Ancelotti could be awful, Gary Megson could be great, you just never know and whoever comes in should be given a clean slate regardless.

Apart from Moyes.

Obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back