Semi final tickets - where are you sitting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im bloody aware how scary it is, but if I had to climb Mount Everest to watch Everton in a Semi Final, I would do it.

The few hours in the pub pre game sorts my nerves out, a bit.

Get a ticket in the Back row of the Top Balcony before Wembley.....if you can stomach that then the 2nd tier at Wembley is a piece of cake. The 2nd Tier is ace too if it's sunny on the day....you can see the match without burning your retinas and you won't come back down Wembley Way looking like Rodders after the sunbed prank in Fools & Horses.

I thought all season ticket holders were guaranteed one mate. What is a joke is that they expect everyone who qualify to try and book their tickets on the final day to do it on a monday. Most people will be in work.

He's talking about the final, the allocation for that us up to 28,500 now so shouldn't be that many who miss out.

I'm on about a potential final, there wont be enough for the s.t.'s then

Dont know about that you know, with 28,500 tickets it wouldnt be too far off for everyone that wanted to go. Definately a lot better than the 25000 tickets we got for the 2009 final, think most (if not all STH) should be ok.

Got to get there first though!

He's talking about the final, the allocation for that us up to 28,500 now so shouldn't be that many who miss out.

but some will cos out of that 28,500 is the players, sponsors, shareholders & hangers on tickets.

There is of course that case that the farther back in the queue you are the more you'll need to pay as well, with the potential that an adult & 2 kids could cost around £250, or not be able to get seats together even if right towards the end of the queue.

Possibly the only way around such is to allocate seating as opposed to selecting because if you looked at the plan towards the end of any lower seats being available you'd see that there were odd ones dotted around. Away match tickets are a 'get what you get' situation where you often cant even choose between upper & lower, if Wembley/ The FA didnt have such a varying price structure then it would be easier i.e. in the arl days it was seat (2 options)) or terrace as the only choice, you were in fact allocated a 'pen' in the terrace back then although the reality was you went where you wanted really.

Given the percentage that they have said we have that are junior season ticket holders really selecting your seat (as fantastic as it is to be able to do) isn't the greatest option, because when you get down to the last hundreds ... or even thousand the potential is there that kids will be split from their parents, most kids that go the games become a bit savvy & unafraid of being in a crowd but being on their own in a 90k crowd that's likely to be very boisterous & canned up wont exactly be the makings of an enjoyable day for either parent or child.

Something that's baffling me .....

what's the problem with the south east corner ? n/e is closer to Wembley Way & Car Parks but looking at the availability now & throughout the process the N/e side has definitely been the pref of the majority ... are we a 'Hello Mar' fanbase hungry to be on the telly for a fleeting moment.
At the moment I't all upper tier & on the n/east side it's in the £30 bracket (back 1/2 of the tier) where as when you get around to the s/e corner you can get in the the lower 1/2 of the blocks, the along the side in the south they are £40 & £50 so the last ones are gonna by the looks of it be choosing between paying £30 or £40 for a back row seat or paying £50 to be in the lower half of the south upper..... which is the same as what it is in the lower behind the goal.

It's all a bit of a scandal really on the FA's part as those prices will be up by about £20 per ticket for the final, The FA Cup Final needs to be given back to the fans as their day out, the FA talk of 'The Football Family' and it doesnt involve the fans that have been a major part of making the game what it is today, the thing that really winds me up about the ticket prices is the pricing of the kids tickets though ... maybe we have it a bit too good at Goodison ? only £10 less for a kid, so potentially an £80 ticket on final day is an absolute scandal.

but some will cos out of that 28,500 is the players, sponsors, shareholders & hangers on tickets.

There is of course that case that the farther back in the queue you are the more you'll need to pay as well, with the potential that an adult & 2 kids could cost around £250, or not be able to get seats together even if right towards the end of the queue.

Possibly the only way around such is to allocate seating as opposed to selecting because if you looked at the plan towards the end of any lower seats being available you'd see that there were odd ones dotted around. Away match tickets are a 'get what you get' situation where you often cant even choose between upper & lower, if Wembley/ The FA didnt have such a varying price structure then it would be easier i.e. in the arl days it was seat (2 options)) or terrace as the only choice, you were in fact allocated a 'pen' in the terrace back then although the reality was you went where you wanted really.

Given the percentage that they have said we have that are junior season ticket holders really selecting your seat (as fantastic as it is to be able to do) isn't the greatest option, because when you get down to the last hundreds ... or even thousand the potential is there that kids will be split from their parents, most kids that go the games become a bit savvy & unafraid of being in a crowd but being on their own in a 90k crowd that's likely to be very boisterous & canned up wont exactly be the makings of an enjoyable day for either parent or child.

Yes with shareholders etc will be more difficult, hadnt thought of that. Being able to choose your exact seat is far better than the postal/email application system for the 09 final

Something that's baffling me .....

what's the problem with the south east corner ? n/e is closer to Wembley Way & Car Parks but looking at the availability now & throughout the process the N/e side has definitely been the pref of the majority ... are we a 'Hello Mar' fanbase hungry to be on the telly for a fleeting moment.
At the moment I't all upper tier & on the n/east side it's in the £30 bracket (back 1/2 of the tier) where as when you get around to the s/e corner you can get in the the lower 1/2 of the blocks, the along the side in the south they are £40 & £50 so the last ones are gonna by the looks of it be choosing between paying £30 or £40 for a back row seat or paying £50 to be in the lower half of the south upper..... which is the same as what it is in the lower behind the goal.

It's all a bit of a scandal really on the FA's part as those prices will be up by about £20 per ticket for the final, The FA Cup Final needs to be given back to the fans as their day out, the FA talk of 'The Football Family' and it doesnt involve the fans that have been a major part of making the game what it is today, the thing that really winds me up about the ticket prices is the pricing of the kids tickets though ... maybe we have it a bit too good at Goodison ? only £10 less for a kid, so potentially an £80 ticket on final day is an absolute scandal.

Prices for the final already announced and are reduced by a fiver from last years final believe it or not:

Cat 1 £115 (£105 concessions)
Cat 2 £85 (£75 concessions)
Cat 3 £65 (£55 concessions)
Cat 4 £45 (£35 concessions)

Prices for the final already announced and are reduced by a fiver from last years final believe it or not:

Cat 1 £115 (£105 concessions)
Cat 2 £85 (£75 concessions)
Cat 3 £65 (£55 concessions)
Cat 4 £45 (£35 concessions)

so what cost me £100 + postage will cost me £175, as I said Fans aren't obviously a part of the football family in the FA's eyes.

Yet a load of freeloaders will be getting in for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back