Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Semifinals: Croatia vs England

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
....and here’s me thinking he played well in the tournament. Never mind.
Crap in the semi though to be fair

I was in a pub full of James Cordens and Americans. I heard "get sterling off he's [Poor language removed]" and "bring on Dier waistcoat you Muppet" several times.

My (American) wife probably could have made better judgement

Indeed, just like everyone else is allowed to be anti-English (as long as it doesn't become hateful of course...).

I do like the fact that I don't really belong to a nation. It gives me the ability to look at things in black and white and not get angry about stuff to do with patriotism. World Cups do result in me feeling like a bit of an outsider though.
We’ll have you Shango, so long as you renounce your Saints fanhood that is. 2022 is our year....to qualify again.

France have beaten Argentina, Uruguay and Belgium en route to the final. England were jammy to get past the Columbians, they got past Sweden who are a Pulis style team of nothings and then they caved to an ageing Croat side. Their "achievements" are being blown well out of proportion.

We got to our first world cup semi final in 28 years. NEA how we got there mate.

We got to our first world cup semi final in 28 years. NEA how we got there mate.
All 3 teams who beat us in our group of 2014 would probably be classed as decent - Costa Rica only narrowly missed out on the semi finals and Uruguay was a much stronger team than this tournaments version (or was at least until Suarez meltdown)

But that was a miserable tournament for an England fan, faced with a choice between that and this one I’ll take playing so called poor opposition every time lol.

And funny how when England fans talk about being theoretically better than another team it is an example of the utmost arrogance whereas when an England critic says x team is poor then it is “just telling it like it is”

On re-watch, one of them is down there on his back with camera in one hand still trying to take pics with a smile on his face...I don't think he was too bothered. lol

43353574181_f326be9450_o.png
Took some good shots too!

All 3 teams who beat us in our group of 2014 would probably be classed as decent - Costa Rica only narrowly missed out on the semi finals and Uruguay was a much stronger team than this tournaments version (or was at least until Suarez meltdown)

But that was a miserable tournament for an England fan, faced with a choice between that and this one I’ll take playing so called poor opposition every time lol.

And funny how when England fans talk about being theoretically better than another team it is an example of the utmost arrogance whereas when an England critic says x team is poor then it is “just telling it like it is”
Haha that's true. We're not allowed to enjoy winning unless the opposition is a certain quality. I'm sure if Everton get to Wembley only beating championship opposition we'd all be gutted!

Haha that's true. We're not allowed to enjoy winning unless the opposition is a certain quality. I'm sure if Everton get to Wembley only beating championship opposition we'd all be gutted!

There was a contingent of Everton supporters that seemed quite happy when we lost to the first decent team we faced in the semifinal in Martinez's last season.

Several of them wanted us to lose just to ensure he was sacked.

France have beaten Argentina, Uruguay and Belgium en route to the final. England were jammy to get past the Columbians, they got past Sweden who are a Pulis style team of nothings and then they caved to an ageing Croat side. Their "achievements" are being blown well out of proportion.
Alladyce could have managed wins over Tunisia, Panama, Sweden and may have fluked a penalty shootout win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back