Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Semifinals: Croatia vs England

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you're not Croatian, which is exactly why I pointed out the irony of someone who lives in a place that was inhabited solely by mosquitoes for the majority of the recent past denigrating a culture that's existed for centuries.

It's also why I was pointing out the irony of someone in the USA claiming a nationality under the control of another country were jarg Italians given your government is in the pockets of the russians.

Is the Bantz clearer now?

I think you need a history lesson.

I respect England's place in the game and in the history of spreading it across the globe.

But how can it's coming home be an option. Uruguay was eliminated.
It's coming home because someone wrote a song about it 20 odd years ago. :p

Same as the rs never walking alone unless you're a dodgy goalkeeper after Kyiv (note the spelling).

Cüneyt Çakır of Turkey will officiate the match. Good selection IMO. Calm and class referee most of the time.

Beat 3 teams they should have, drew with one who was decent, lost to one better than them, paint it up whatever you like out of tribalism, their performance is par for the course so far, I think that's fair
I think momentum is key. After Colombia we upped our game, after Denmark Croatia didn't seem to, despite the home support helping Russia up theirs. You could argue that Modric's penalty was lucky and the Russians wilted under the pressure of the shoot out. Regardless, only time will tell.

The annoying thing is I won't be able to watch the game, as we land at Heraklion airport just after kick-off time!

I think momentum is key. After Colombia we upped our game, after Denmark Croatia didn't seem to, despite the home support helping Russia up theirs. You could argue that Modric's penalty was lucky and the Russians wilted under the pressure of the shoot out. Regardless, only time will tell.

The annoying thing is I won't be able to watch the game, as we land at Heraklion airport just after kick-off time!
I missed the croatia Russia game flying to Greece, so no clue on that one.

I think final will be very very tough for either team from the second semi, but one off game and all that. The concern for england would of course be midfield, they've looked against the sides that don't really contest that area, but lost control against columbia and belgium.

That being said semi finals, your definitely there to win it at that stage

Think what might help England will be if Croatia decide to open up a bit more. They struggled at times to get behind the line against Tunisia, Belgium & Colombia because they played a few yards further back. Sweden was an improvement, just the finishing still wasn't quite there (Sterling especially).

According to the bookies, Sterling is just 3/1 to score a goal at any time. Is that any time between now and his international retirement? I still wouldn't risk a quid on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back