Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Semifinals: Croatia vs England

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually felt pretty comfortable throughout the game, apart from the start of the second half.

England more or less bossed it.

Maguire grows in stature more by each game. England a mjor threat at set pieces (at least the Swedes played the game in a good spirit, fair play )

Pickford is another that continues to grow in stature. Three excellent saves.

Sterling had a really good game. His movement was exceptional but his finishing/decision making is still poor. If he does finally score, he could be electric.

Dele Alli was wasteful in the first half but scored a goal which will also lift his confidence level.

With about five mins to go with England in possession, 2-0 up and looking in command, I said to my mate "it's not suppose to be like this is it?" And that's the way it ended. Chilled, Relaxed. The Stones - Walker tribute dance to Butcher and Waddle was fantastic to see and it seems as though Gareth was orchestrating the fans at the end. Unheard of. You couldn't imagine a Cappelo, Mclaren or Hodson doing that.

Everyone seems as one at the moment and it's great to see lol

Don't change a winning team, and don't let Dire anywhere near the pitch unless England are 3-0 up with 1 minute to go. Henderson (much as it pains me to admit it) has had a good World Cup so far.

Don't change a winning team, and don't let Dire anywhere near the pitch unless England are 3-0 up with 1 minute to go. Henderson (much as it pains me to admit it) has had a good World Cup so far.

Relax, it's funny. They're all fuming cause he's terrible for them... savour it :lol:

It's quite good watching all of the fifa hipsters getting piped down. It's incredible how many people still think that it's somehow improper for a team of moderate players to beat a collection of individually great players. It's a team sport, with a massive reliance on human factors. This is where fifa-style statistics will let you down.

Nervous already tbh

I think we will win though. Croatia haven't looked good since the group stages and have played two 120min games in a row. Outside the midfield, we have a much better side aswell.

I think this one comes down to two players. If Modric and Radotic turn up on Wednesday then I would fancy Croatia to beat England by two goals. If those two don't effect the game then England will win on set pieces. I can see Harry Kane winning the Golden Boot with penaltys.

It's funny hearing people go gaga over the team, Southgate and all sorts of things though. They've done well without a doubt, especially as expectations beforehand were so very low, but we've also enjoyed some tremendous fortune. Belgium aside, we've beaten two teams in the knock outs who are ranked 16th and 24th in the world, and our path to the final is blocked by the 20th best team in the world. We've been given the golden ticket in the way the draw has opened up for us, yet that luck is largely being glossed over in all the fuss being made of the team.

There was a similar thing in Martinez' first season with us, where we rode our luck a bit in many games, and exceeded expectations, before then dropping below the mean after that.

We’re in our first semi final for 28 years mate. Just enjoy it ;)

I think this one comes down to two players. If Modric and Radotic turn up on Wednesday then I would fancy Croatia to beat England by two goals. If those two don't effect the game then England will win on set pieces. I can see Harry Kane winning the Golden Boot with penaltys.
Kane is odds on at 1/6 mate.
Rom needs to fire to win it, and if they play England in the final, he might just do it.

I actually felt pretty comfortable throughout the game, apart from the start of the second half.

England more or less bossed it.

Maguire grows in stature more by each game. England a mjor threat at set pieces (at least the Swedes played the game in a good spirit, fair play )

Pickford is another that continues to grow in stature. Three excellent saves.

Sterling had a really good game. His movement was exceptional but his finishing/decision making is still poor. If he does finally score, he could be electric.

Dele Alli was wasteful in the first half but scored a goal which will also lift his confidence level.

With about five mins to go with England in possession, 2-0 up and looking in command, I said to my mate "it's not suppose to be like this is it?" And that's the way it ended. Chilled, Relaxed. The Stones - Walker tribute dance to Butcher and Waddle was fantastic to see and it seems as though Gareth was orchestrating the fans at the end. Unheard of. You couldn't imagine a Cappelo, Mclaren or Hodson doing that.

Everyone seems as one at the moment and it's great to see lol
You were playing a league one side, let's be honest the real challenge starts now, nothing so far has been achieved beyond what should have been achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back