Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Semifinals: Croatia vs England

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd real test for england after Columbia, expect this to be a tougher ask as Jamez was missing, if I was England fan the lack of control in midfield would be my concern, they lost they area very easily in the 2nd half against columbia, might be worth them being a bit cynical and not really competing in that area and be a bit more direct

It's very rare that we have an Everton representation in a world cup final. Wilson and Heitinga are the only 2 I can think of. I accept that not everyone is an England fan but surely, as an Everton fan, you would be supporting any Everton players still left in the competition.

That's why I'm surprised by the number of posters who want England to get beat tonight just because Henderson will be in the team. Little wonder they call us bitter.

..I think Sterling could be the key. He’s the one England player who has the ammunition to hurt the very best but has yet to fully fire in the competition.

I hope England win. I think England have a very decent shout and it would make the final of great interest.
Sterling to score.
Lovren to be booked.

22/1 the double on Betfair.

The 7/2 anytime goal for Sterling is by a mile the biggest I've seen him in any game so far.

It's very rare that we have an Everton representation in a world cup final. Wilson and Heitinga are the only 2 I can think of. I accept that not everyone is an England fan but surely, as an Everton fan, you would be supporting any Everton players still left in the competition.

That's why I'm surprised by the number of posters who want England to get beat tonight just because Henderson will be in the team. Little wonder they call us bitter.
Henderson has been one of the best players for England, has a big job on tonight to keep Modric quite, hope he pulls it off.

If Croatia play like they can (and did in the group stages) they'll blow England away. If not, England will win.

henderson performances have been hugely overstated, it is john stones calling people into position to start moves and his passing is far more progressive and sharper than hendersons, we play a back three because the cm area lacks quality. henderson looks okay against poor teams that don't contest that area, the one time we played someone who did he looked lost and extremely average against columbia in the second half. I'd be very tempted to pretty much bypass that area as Henderson really isn't good enough, looking at the rs transfer policy this summer even his manager knows this

Henderson has been one of the best players for England, has a big job on tonight to keep Modric quite, hope he pulls it off.
Yeah. Don't like the guy and, if I'm honest, wanted Dier to start ahead of him. But in fairness he's done well overall and Dier was pretty awful by comparison in the dead rubber game against Belgium.

I reckon Southgate will go with the same line up tonight, and the same again in the final should we get through. I think his mindset/stance is "this is the way we play, let them worry about us". I agree Modric and Rakitic will prove a handful and I think you'll find one of the 3 CDs stepping out to help him if it becomes a problem.

Croats have the better midfield and should own the possession, but with Lovren at the back and several walking wounded, it’s going to be tough. England better everywhere else. Honestly just rooting for extra time again. 1-1.

Sterling to score.
Lovren to be booked.

22/1 the double on Betfair.

The 7/2 anytime goal for Sterling is by a mile the biggest I've seen him in any game so far.

...that double is very decent. I tend to leave the footy betting to my son, but just had a few quid on Sterling to score first @ nearly 9-1 via a price boost from Hills.

Top class wisdom there dave.

I mean this is all in the hands of Croatia. They - being the better outfit - have it in their own hands to win or lose the game. If it comes down to physical effort and balls into the box then you have to make England favourites.

I mean this is all in the hands of Croatia. They - being the better outfit - have it in their own hands to win or lose the game. If it comes down to physical effort and balls into the box then you have to make England favourites.

We're really lucky to benefit from such insight dave. Please keep it coming!

We should be supporting England and hoping Jordan has a blinder and goes.on to be a hero for England and brings that confidence to us for next season. Surely it can only help us ?
Or, wish for sending offs/OGs for any rs player cos that makes you a better blue like, even though this is an England game and nowt to do with PL.

..as I said ahead of the last game, Henderson has been terrific. I was criticised for my comments but he then had another super game.

This is the post-Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard era and fine players though they were, this team at least looks like a team who have no agenda other than playing footy. It’ll be great watching the final on Sunday if England are in it. They have a very decent chance tonight based on Croatia’s recent games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back