Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Semifinals: Croatia vs England

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please inject all the fume into my veins.

aid5759131-v4-728px-Inject-Into-a-Vein-Step-15.jpg

A Argentina side that was destroyed by that "aging Croat side" and scraped through the group stages and revoulted on their manager. A Uruguayan side that had lost its main striker and goal scoring threat and a Belgium side managed by martinez where he is playing de bryune practically as a dm and their main stiker runs less then pickford.

Can do it with any team mate. Although I do think the minimum I wanted from this tournament was the final considering who we've played.

Don't think England have over achived I think we've under achived if anything.

England always underachieve. A nation of 50 odd million where football is the only sport the majority of population care about. The FA, probably the richest football association. England should be regularly getting to latter stages of these knockout competitions and winning a few too. They should be compared with France, Germany, Spain and Italy.

Oh the classic "you support an English club" argument. I like watch American films so should I support everything American?

It's well known that a lot of scousers don't really feel English because of the way the city's been treated over the years, but some people will lash their moral compass out of the window for a bit of reflected glory.

Just like other cities and towns across England. I am a scouser but I don't look at it that everywhere outside Liverpool has got it in for us. The criticism of England Football team doesn't bother me that much as long as it is constructive and not just an anti-English agenda which some has been. That is what I will reply to and have my say just as you are replying to what I have to say.

Not being English lol so next best thing is support an English club but still come on and slate the English.

Why would anyone be envious of someones nationality? Its purely a luck thing isn't it?

I don't really get the support thing to be honest. I follow the New Orleans Saints, doesn't mean I have to like all things American.

Personally I kind of sit between a few nations and don't really identify with any of them. There are some "English things" that I am not a fan of but it would be stupid for me to lump all English people (or any amount of people) into one group.

That said this seems to be about people who do not like the England football team and the things that go with it, that's not having a go at the English, it's having a go at the football team which is a totally separate thing.

Henderson is one of those laughable "big charcter players" who actually have NO character and are terrible. He's a media construction...the football industry telling us fans that he is something of note when anyone with half a clue about football can see he's a holgram masquerading as a key midfield figure.

....and here’s me thinking he played well in the tournament. Never mind.

It's not about not liking the English. Many of us are embarrassed by the way people of this country carry on. People treating getting beat off Croatia like it's Dunkirk or something. If they get a heroes welcome coming home it will be pure cringe. Horrendous little englander behaviour. They deserve a little bit of praise that's it.

Patriotism was rife because we got far in the competition when it wasn't expected. Hurts when you lose. Nothing wrong in that.

Why would anyone be envious of someones nationality? Its purely a luck thing isn't it?

I don't really get the support thing to be honest. I follow the New Orleans Saints, doesn't mean I have to like all things American.

Personally I kind of sit between a few nations and don't really identify with any of them. There are some "English things" that I am not a fan of but it would be stupid for me to lump all English people (or any amount of people) into one group.

That said this seems to be about people who do not like the England football team and the things that go with it, that's not having a go at the English, it's having a go at the football team which is a totally separate thing.

No mate half of it is just being anti-English. We put up with it to a certain extent but we do have a right to reply.

No mate half of it is just being anti-English. We put up with it to a certain extent but we do have a right to reply.

Indeed, just like everyone else is allowed to be anti-English (as long as it doesn't become hateful of course...).

I do like the fact that I don't really belong to a nation. It gives me the ability to look at things in black and white and not get angry about stuff to do with patriotism. World Cups do result in me feeling like a bit of an outsider though.

I bet you say all that at Passport Control.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back