Shocking Refs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always... Its hard to keep a 'it all balances out' perspective when you look at that list of decisions though..
They have cost us a lot of points this season.

you're right it does cost us, no idea who has had the most go against them this season. Would be an interesting table.

But there have so many bad decisions this year, not just against us, something needs doing to bring the levels back up. Maybe a 4th ref to help make the big calls away from the atmosphere. Video for the big call

I don't necessarily beleive in the whole balances itself out thing.

That's based on nothing really, anything can happen in a game.

My perspective is simple.. Refs cost us a load of points this season.. There's 13 pretty clear examples above of how.. we've only played 14 games ffs.

you're right it does cost us, no idea who has had the most go against them this season. Would be an interesting table.

But there have so many bad decisions this year, not just against us, something needs doing to bring the levels back up. Maybe a 4th ref to help make the big calls away from the atmosphere. Video for the big call

There you go mate, we've had the worst of it according to these guys

http://www.debatabledecisions.com/english-premier-league-tables

It'll always be objective but I guess that's why they have a panel to avoid it being just pro one team or the other.

It doesnt even matter these days.

Theres honestly so such thing as a good Ref, im not sure how often they take eye tests or what grasp they have on the rules of football, but they really need to sort it out.

deathbyrope - if you have not noticed the injustice handed out to Everton by refs this season you will not realize it the day you lose your virginity - we are getting scr$wed by the refs big time game after game and it is people like you begging for more who will get more - if you are molested and you do not make a big noise or lay a charge chances are you will remain to be a victim - technology is there if only they want to use it - but people like you fight it tooth and nail - wake up buddy and smell the coffy

No need to compare football to sexual assault, we're betting than that moron from bunnyman

There you go mate, we've had the worst of it according to these guys

http://www.debatabledecisions.com/english-premier-league-tables

It'll always be objective but I guess that's why they have a panel to avoid it being just pro one team or the other.

I don't understand how that table works, we're bottom of the decision list, but we gain only 4 points in the "real" table. Chelsea have gained 6, so have Liverpool.

So what that is saying is we've have more bad decisions but they've happened in less games?

I don't understand how that table works, we're bottom of the decision list, but we gain only 4 points in the "real" table. Chelsea have gained 6, so have Liverpool.

So what that is saying is we've have more bad decisions but they've happened in less games?

Looks like it, things like Suarez and Sterling both deserving reds and Pienaar not deserving his second yellow won't be shown in the table either.

You could easily say that the team playing sh*te has cost us equally if not more points this season too.

Your right mate, but, the thing is, we are playing well enough to get into the positions where the refs decisions are having a major impact. If you get dragged down for a penalty, when you could of scored, yet dont get the penalty, therefore dont score, its not cause you were ****e, its cause the ref got the decision wrong. We have been poor at defending. I dont think the main gripe with people, is us conceding from free kicks the shouldn't have been, it's more, for me anyway, the fact that we should of scored at least 8 more goals, or at least of had the chance from a penalty, which would actually, on most occasions negated the fact that the free kick was given to them. We need to defend better, but we are attacking (though not finishing) just fine.

Your right mate, but, the thing is, we are playing well enough to get into the positions where the refs decisions are having a major impact. If you get dragged down for a penalty, when you could of scored, yet dont get the penalty, therefore dont score, its not cause you were ****e, its cause the ref got the decision wrong. We have been poor at defending. I dont think the main gripe with people, is us conceding from free kicks the shouldn't have been, it's more, for me anyway, the fact that we should of scored at least 8 more goals, or at least of had the chance from a penalty, which would actually, on most occasions negated the fact that the free kick was given to them. We need to defend better, but we are attacking (though not finishing) just fine.

If we were 7-0 already (like we actually could have been against Fulham, Reading etc...) then nobody would give a sh*t about refs.

You could easily say that the team playing sh*te has cost us equally if not more points this season too.

But the team hasn't been playing s**t though mate. We've been outplaying most of our opposition and there are very few games this season where we havn't had more chances than in a game..
Poor defending is costing us, but poor refereeing is negating the positive stuff we are doing at the other end.. 14 truly key moments against us.. i.e red cards, pens, dissalowed goals within 14 games.
I cannot over state just how c**p that is. Yes our defence should of been good enough that a 2-0 win should be sufficient but when 1 of those 2 are dissallowed incorrectly and there is a lapse in the defence and we walk away with a point instead. Surely we must be pi***ed at both not just our players.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back