Shocking Refs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this has taken a sinister turn.

I think that we've had more than our fair share of dodgy decisions, but we should also be putting sides away. It's a culmination of the two things really. I'd say we're more to blame for our lack of killer instinct than the refs.

We definitely played crap second half against Reading, second half vs Norwich, first 20 vs Liverpool, and probably a few others I can't think of.
And I see your point. We have played well a few times. But if you don't score you don't win.

Lets use those examples to show what I mean mate...

Norwich
Everton/Norwich
shots 14/8
On target 9/4
corners 4/2
fouls 10/18
Possesion 56/44

Better team - us

Reading/Everton
shots 12/21
On target 4/11
corners 7/13
fouls 11/11
Possesion 46/54

Better team - us

Everton/Liverpool

shots 17/12
On target 8/5
corners 9/5
Fouls 16/18

Possesion 54/46

Better team us

Draw, defeat, draw - despite being the better team.. we did our bit, however between them you have 5 key moments.. Poor freekick awarded that defended or not shouldn't of been given, turning a win into a draw against Norwich. (That's the closest to a debatable call in that list imo)
2 pens denied turning 2-1 defeat into 3-2 win at Reading
2 players should of been sent off including Suarez who scored both their goals.. very likely turning 1 point into 3.

We got 2 points from those games instead of 9 and those were examples you used of us not being good enough and it not being down to the ref.

Oh and have a look at that link, its not just my opinions, they are a panel that run through the decisions week by week in there and put it to a vote

Using the Reading and Norwich games as examples is not great, yes we were good first half and had plenty of chances, but our performance in the 2nd half of each of those games meant we got what we deserved, i.e. nothing against Reading and a point agains Norwich due to an equaliser that just about everyone could see coming.

Lets use those examples to show what I mean mate...

Norwich
Everton/Norwich
shots 14/8
On target 9/4
corners 4/2
fouls 10/18
Possesion 56/44

Better team - us

Reading/Everton
shots 12/21
On target 4/11
corners 7/13
fouls 11/11
Possesion 46/54

Better team - us

Everton/Liverpool

shots 17/12
On target 8/5
corners 9/5
Fouls 16/18

Possesion 54/46

Better team us

Draw, defeat, draw - despite being the better team.. we did our bit however between them youhave 5 key moments.. Poor freekick awarded that defended or not shouldn't of been turning win into draw against Norwich.
2 pens denied turning 2-1 defeat into 3-2 win, 2 players should of been sent off including Suarez who scored both their goals.. very likely turning 1 point into 3.

We got 2 points from those games instead of 9 and those were examples you used of us not being good enough and it not being down to the ref.

We didnt do our bit any of those games.

Our bit is scoring more goals than the opposition.

We didnt do our bit any of those games.

Our bit is scoring more goals than the opposition.

Our top scorer being a midfielder isnt helping convert draws into wins though.. If our forwards were putting more chances away we would be in the top 4 still I reckon.. Jelavic will go on a run soon, and lets see where that takes us.

Our top scorer being a midfielder isnt helping convert draws into wins though.. If our forwards were putting more chances away we would be in the top 4 still I reckon.. Jelavic will go on a run soon, and lets see where that takes us.

I hope so, score enough to make Ijjy happy and we'll all be happy.

Newcastle Anichebe goal dissalowed that clearly crossed the line
Newcastle Felli goal dissalowed for offside when clearly on
QPR Peinaar sent off for an unbelievable second yellow
QPR Blatant pen on Jelavic denied
Wigan their goal offside
Wigan Penalty denied that should of been
Wigan Penalty denied that should of been - In all 3 clear penalties only 1 given
RS - Sterling should of gone
RS - Suarez should of gone x 2
RS - for their goal that wasn't.. Osman was lesser foul than Coates.. so if Osman's was even a foul... Coates should of been blown for a foul
Reading - Penalty for a blatant handball in the box
Norwich - freekick that lead to their equaliser was very soft and very few refs would of called an air shot and falling over a foul.
Arsenal - Arteta Pen was pretty straightforwards as well.
That's the ones I can remember off the top of my head.
Nearly all of these resulted in us dropping points.
It happens but its 'kin annoying that its been happining so regularly in fact that's 13 big decisions over 14 games and that's just what I can remember.
edit: Blue 1 started after and finished before me with a similar list and has remembered a 2nd pen at Reading that I didn't so that's 14.

Its blindingly biased stuff like this without applying any perspective or reasoning to why the decisions were given that way that really wind me up.

Do me a favour, go through every one of those decisions and tell me why you think each of those decisions went the way they did being as sensible and unbiased as possible.

With reference to Pienaar's sending off at QPR.. It was blindingly obvious that he was going to go at some point. The 4th official ( Dowd ) even had a word with Moyes.. He should have been taken off..
We dont help ourselves sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back