Shocking Refs

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the team hasn't been playing s**t though mate. We've been outplaying most of our opposition and there are very few games this season where we havn't had more chances than in a game..
Poor defending is costing us, but poor refereeing is negating the positive stuff we are doing at the other end.. 14 truly key moments against us.. i.e red cards, pens, dissalowed goals within 14 games.
I cannot over state just how c**p that is. Yes our defence should of been good enough that a 2-0 win should be sufficient but when 1 of those 2 are dissallowed incorrectly and there is a lapse in the defence and we walk away with a point instead. Surely we must be pi***ed at both not just our players.?

We definitely played crap second half against Reading, second half vs Norwich, first 20 vs Liverpool, and probably a few others I can't think of.
And I see your point. We have played well a few times. But if you don't score you don't win.

we've had possession, out played teams, but contrary to what Brenda believes it's not more important than goals. There have been games were we have lacked the killer touch to finish teams off and allowed them back into the game. It's an absolute kick in the teeth if we then concede a goal through a refereeing mistake or miss out on scoring a winner. But if we were more efficient with our chances then these crappy decisions would matter much much less.

That's not to say we should accept them, but they're not 100% to blame for us drawing games when we should win.

We should always beat teams by as many goals as possible.

Yep but its not always easy to win by a big margin or we would win the league every year with a +300 goal difference, and legitimately putting the ball in the back of the net more times than the opposition should win you the game every time regardless of the margin.. It hasn't always this season. Like at Newcastle where we scored 2 good goals more so we won 4-2 which got us 1 point.
You should also keep 11 players when making a clean tackle or face 10 or even 9 players when faced with nasty tackles thus giving you a much greater chance to win.. Also not happened this way.
If things were as they should be from a ref perspective we would be much higher up the league but they havn't been. If they were right from a defensive perspective we would be higher up the league, if Jelavic knocked in 8 goals a game we would be higher up the league.. This is a thread about the ref's though and they are costing us badly because this isn't Fifa 13, its the premiership where points are actually hard fought and difficult to gain.

It's possible to hold both the opinion that some general ****e play and some abysmal refereeing are both responsible for us occupying a less lofty position in the table than we perhaps should be.

It's not a matter of either/or.

This thread is about the ****e refereeing, which we have undoubtedly been victim of. ****e play has been and is being discussed elsewhere plenty.

Yep but its not always easy to win by a big margin or we would win the league every year with a +300 goal difference, and legitimately putting the ball in the back of the net more times than the opposition should win you the game every time regardless of the margin.. It hasn't always this season. Like at Newcastle where we scored 2 good goals more so we won 4-2 which got us 1 point.
You should also keep 11 players when making a clean tackle or face 10 or even 9 players when faced with nasty tackles thus giving you a much greater chance to win.. Also not happened this way.
If things were as they should be from a ref perspective we would be much higher up the league but they havn't been. If they were right from a defensive perspective we would be higher up the league, if Jelavic knocked in 8 goals a game we would be higher up the league.. This is a thread about the ref's though and they are costing us badly because this isn't Fifa 13, its the premiership where points are actually hard fought and difficult to gain.

I'm sure every other team in the league thinks this.

We definitely played crap second half against Reading, second half vs Norwich, first 20 vs Liverpool, and probably a few others I can't think of.
And I see your point. We have played well a few times. But if you don't score you don't win.

But with these refs even if we do score we don't win. That's my point in a nutshell mate.

But with these refs even if we do score we don't win. That's my point in a nutshell mate.

If we scored 3-4 then refs mistakes would matter.

Well 3-4 is perhaps an exaggeration. But you know what I mean.

I just want to clarify that I do think we've had some crap calls this season.

Agreed. We've had a few decisions go in our favour as well. If we killed teams off we wouldn't be having this discussion. It's like the dark sides complaint about hitting the post.

It's a well known fact though that Fergie was controlling the goal posts remotely in their games, nothing to do with their incompetent finishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back