Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres still players being horrors in the dressing room. That doesn't help him one bit. He's done nothing to deserve the players turning on him.

No offence mate but you're stating all that as fact when we can't possibly know.

How do you know players are being 'horrors'?

How do you know 'he's done nothing to deserve the players turning on him?'

I probably have worded it wrong, my bad. You do get the feeling though that some may be against him and not like him. Distin for example. Wasn't seen for a few weeks after the Swansea game due to an apparent altercation with the manager, and yesterday he appeared to completely blank Roberto after he went off.

Bill will be reluctant to fire martinez due to the upheaval it will cause plus it will heap pressure on him to come up with the goods re a new manager. Compensation is irrelevant here. He wants to stay out of the firing line, as usual.

Far better to keep an inept employee at the helm, under the guise of being patient and giving him support, and let him take the abuse. Classic management tactics.

Bill will be reluctant to fire martinez due to the upheaval it will cause plus it will heap pressure on him to come up with the goods re a new manager. Compensation is irrelevant here. He wants to stay out of the firing line, as usual.

Far better to keep an inept employee at the helm, under the guise of being patient and giving him support, and let him take the abuse. Classic management tactics.
Honestly lad, are you 12 ?

Yeah i agree completely, Jags had the sort of game that went from bad to worse no matter what he tried to do and Distin couldn't wait to get off once he'd thought of an injury excuse.

What I liked was we mixed it up a lot more and got Lukaku involved as quick as we could at times, for all the talk about Martinez being stubborn over the style of football we play we looked a lot more threatening. Couple more scrappy wins should see confidence return and we'll start rising the table again.
I agree, its funny I thought we would equalise and when the clock ticked into injury time my wife was losing faith but I was certain :)
Thought McGeady made a great cameo and didnt once lose the ball, I think hes an impact player , not a starter
Up for the scrap,
Wish we knew what the fook was going on with Hames!

I probably have worded it wrong, my bad. You do get the feeling though that some may be against him and not like him. Distin for example. Wasn't seen for a few weeks after the Swansea game due to an apparent altercation with the manager, and yesterday he appeared to completely blank Roberto after he went off.
Except the one problem with that theory is that he played really well. Best game in a long time winning every header.

btw - I don't think the goal was his fault. It was just very well worked and executed and Coleman (I think it was) shouldn't have let him run right past him. Sometimes you have to just say it was a good goal.

Rubbish that inept employee got us to our highest ever points total last season. Even under Moyes we finished 17th in his 2nd year.

There's no doubt there's a transition going on in the club, Moyes' players are getting older and will need to be phased out. The training methods are changing too however it will have to happen under whatever manager we have unless you think Moyes will be coming back which he won't be.

Hopefully now he's got a job and is in Spain we can move on and forget about that happening.

Last nights result adds more pressure onto martinez to deliver now.

Going to a replay now means we have an away game to overcome in the middle of two league games, and as we are losing our league games then it counter balances the good results we need to get.

But we are in the cup still and i suppose that is the main thing right this minute. Optimism and all that, with hopefully a season turning result to come on Saturday. But we need a winning run extremely badly now and it has to begin at the champions, no way around it now. next 3 games are vital, they could have us closer to the bottom 3 and out of a cup or have fantastic grounds to build on momentum wise and be putting doncaster to the sword.

OVer to you Roberto.

Continuity is important and persevering with managers has worked for us in the past. ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

Totally agree. And important to note I'm not a Martinez out person (yet). I really want him to turn it around.

But how he did last season has no relevance to what is happening right now. For me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back