Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were told by one fan, “Martinez will beat a dead horse for all it is worth. This rigidity will possibly mean that Everton have periods where his attractive play decimates other teams in the league with a more primitive playing style, but then other teams will be well prepared for his often predictable ethos of focussing all possession down one flank by passing sideways across the pitch, which is easily negated by the opposition playing a wider formation. Therefore, I think under Martinez you will have absolutely blinders and then the next week absolute shockers.”

Another Wiganer told us, “When things don’t go to plan, you’ll not see changes in tactics (or personnel until at least 80 minutes): there is no plan B. The attacking tempo is very slow and our breaks always relied on a single man, so often were stopped in their tracks. Your free kicks will be wasted with short passes when they could easily be put into the box; that’s academic though since you’ll rarely see more than 1 or 2 players in the box.”

Read more: http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2015/01/are-wigan-fans-warnings-haunting-martinez/#ixzz3OEDHr93x
Follow us: @nsno on Twitter | nilsatis on Facebook

To be fair that was what many were saying on here previously although attempts were made to shout them down as plotters. I think we have seen for ourselves that the above comments strike a common thought with some Evertonians. Which has been backed up by RM's own comments that he was not one for change and did not regard defence as important in winning things. All rather confusing especially after the Lukaku comment (see other thread). This would appear to indicate that there had been a mellowing of his stance regarding his football philospohy.

Time and the next 2/3 games will tell if we have turned a corner or not, bearing in mind the comments from Chicozaul about the effect of changing managers on the club and it's finances.

Not out of the woods but there are signs that this may come round, as said the next games remain extremely important to the well being of our club and it's league status.

To be fair that was what many were saying on here previously although attempts were made to shout them down as plotters. I think we have seen for ourselves that the above comments strike a common thought with some Evertonians. Which has been backed up by RM's own comments that he was not one for change and did not regard defence as important in winning things. All rather confusing especially after the Lukaku comment (see other thread). This would appear to indicate that there had been a mellowing of his stance regarding his football philospohy.

Time and the next 2/3 games will tell if we have turned a corner or not, bearing in mind the comments from Chicozaul about the effect of changing managers on the club and it's finances.

Not out of the woods but there are signs that this may come round, as said the next games remain extremely important to the well being of our club and it's league status.

Lets hope the players keep doing whatever they see best

I'm becoming bored and tired of reading the same dross, Martinez is making us Wigan, Wigan fans have warned us about this.

So 38 games last season were a complete an utter fluke, the players ignored any tactics he gave last season because they "remembered Moyesys way" But this season they've forgotten who the negative ginger fella was, and started listening to Roberto, that's why we're in a mess.

The subs he made last season that won us games, or changed games have all been written off and instead it's well known that his subs have ALWAYS been dreadful.

Honestly, i'm all for bashing a player/manager if they get things wrong, and Roberto and the players have been guilty numerous times of this...but let's not talk absolute rubbish.

"Sick of it" - K Pilkington.

i am behind Martinez- figuratively

i totally understand that latin type football is a long road, it will take 3-4 years to get very good at it. its actually got to begin in the youth systems.

well its coming up to crunch time, we need a win in the next two matches, 1 in 9 isnt near good enough, the crowd for the cup game will have been noted, and if we havnt got anybody in soon you have to wonder if the board are keeping there money for who ever they get to come in.
An unlikely win agaist city could set us on the right road, followed by a win agaist WBA and that should give him the room to get to the end of the season and hopefully sort it all out.

I'm becoming bored and tired of reading the same dross, Martinez is making us Wigan, Wigan fans have warned us about this.

So 38 games last season were a complete an utter fluke, the players ignored any tactics he gave last season because they "remembered Moyesys way" But this season they've forgotten who the negative ginger fella was, and started listening to Roberto, that's why we're in a mess.

The subs he made last season that won us games, or changed games have all been written off and instead it's well known that his subs have ALWAYS been dreadful.

Honestly, i'm all for bashing a player/manager if they get things wrong, and Roberto and the players have been guilty numerous times of this...but let's not talk absolute rubbish.

"Sick of it" - K Pilkington.
I think the problem is that Martinez is being more insistent on how we play. Last season he knew he was a new manager at a club with senior players who where used to reasonable success playing a different way. What he did was introduce his new style but didn't force it so if players needed to hoof it they could.

But from the very beginning of the season with that bloody mural Martinez has probably been a bit more authoritative in what he wants essentially forcing Jags and Distin to play a certain way even when their instincts tell them otherwise. This has lead to insecurity for both.

Hopefully he recognizes this and I suspect he has with the change in the West Ham game and what Rom has said and we go back to a more balanced approach. Rome wasn't built in a day and Martinez should keep that in mind. Ultimately though this balanced approach can't go on, the tension will always be there now and he would do well to make the change at the back sooner rather than later.

well its coming up to crunch time, we need a win in the next two matches, 1 in 9 isnt near good enough, the crowd for the cup game will have been noted, and if we havnt got anybody in soon you have to wonder if the board are keeping there money for who ever they get to come in.
An unlikely win agaist city could set us on the right road, followed by a win agaist WBA and that should give him the room to get to the end of the season and hopefully sort it all out.
I dont think many are realistically looking to the City game for points, tbh, more for evidence that we remain competitive. WBA is a different kettle of fish, though. That could prove a very significant night if we get nothing on Saturday. I still believe though that whatever's happening below us is equally important. If three or four below us are looking marooned it'll look a lot less dangerous. We have the chance after City to put two of them currently below further into trouble. If we do that - crisis over.

As for the January window: regardless of what's going on now I doubt we'd have seen movement anyway.

That link to Wigan supporters views on Martinez was an interesting read...and a somewhat concerning one. I have to confess my support of Martimez is in the balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back