Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate where did I say sack him after 5 games? I would have said after 5 games let's give him a decent run up until Christmas and if we are struggling badly (as we are now) then sack him.

And I've stated on many occasions that I think we need a British manager in as they understand the British game. Martinez simply does not understand the requirements of the British game hence the players led by a 21 year have had to direct their own tactics this week in an effort not to get humiliated week in week out. We are not wigan or southampton - small provincial clubs - where managers with an outsiders mentality can come in and impose there own ideals on a set of players. We are Everton football club steeped in the very history of the English game.
With all due respect, I completely disagree and think that is the biggest load of crap...until someone comes out says we should only buy more British players, because they understand the British game blah blah blah...then that crap will surpass this crap in level of crappiness.

With all due respect, I completely disagree and think that is the biggest load of crap...until someone comes out says we should only buy more British players, because they understand the British game blah blah blah...then that crap will surpass this crap in level of crappiness.
Mate I simply cannot tolerate seeing our club being sacrificed at the altar of some obscure footballing religion which only martinez seems to care for or understand. The results aren't there - he needs to go.

Mate I simply cannot tolerate seeing our club being sacrificed at the altar of some obscure footballing religion which only martinez seems to care for or understand. The results aren't there - he needs to go.
How about this then...we get rid of dire, dross, your run of the mill average British footballers like McGeady, Naismith, Barry...shall I go on? And replace them with continental/foreign footballers that possess abilities that British footballers don't, and get them to play Roberto's system?

How about this then...we get rid of dire, dross, your run of the mill average British footballers like McGeady, Naismith, Barry...shall I go on? And replace them with continental/foreign footballers that possess abilities that British footballers don't, and get them to play Roberto's system?
Ok so relegation
is a fair price to pay for this? I don't agree. Moyes had weaknesses but one thing he did consistently was play to players strengths which is why we saw the best of Fellaini baines jags Distin and so on. Martinez sets the team up to be humiliated every week.

Ok so relegation

is a fair price to pay for this? I don't agree. Moyes had weaknesses but one thing he did consistently was play to players strengths which is why we saw the best of Fellaini baines jags Distin and so on. Martinez sets the team up to be humiliated every week.
you do realise I don't mean today right? oh maybe I do with McGeady ;)
Let me give you a quick football lesson my man...The British in general don't provide international standard footballers. Sorry but that is reality. The top clubs in England realise this, why is it so difficult for you?

you do realise I don't mean today right? oh maybe I do with McGeady ;)
Let me give you a quick football lesson my man...The British in general don't provide international standard footballers. Sorry but that is reality. The top clubs in England realise this, why is it so difficult for you?

Anyway I don't agree with you that only a foreigner can deal with foreign players which what you seem to be implying. Moyes had plenty of foreigners as a British manager and got them playing effectively in a High tempo british system- Fellaini pienaar arteta mirallas to name but 4. Fellaini in particular he got the best from. He even got gravesens best season out of him.[/QUOTE]

In all fairness John stones seems able to do this system. Barkley too maybe (controversial but not entirely sure). But mainly it is foreign players who can play that way

I'm terrified that we'll just continue like this til the end of the season and..

But I tyink Roberto could build something here, if he gets us out of this mess we're in and is backed again (ha it'll be money in) but similarly i don't want to see us sleepwalk to relegation so if it's looking that way then he'll need to go. Hopefully we won't get to that

Anyway I don't agree with you that only a foreigner can deal with foreign players which what you seem to be implying. Moyes had plenty of foreigners as a British manager and got them playing effectively in a High tempo british system- Fellaini pienaar arteta mirallas to name but 4. Fellaini in particular he got the best from. He even got gravesens best season out of him.
I am not saying that. I am saying that I would rather replace average footballers that don't belong anywhere near the first team at Everton with ANY Manager...and replacing them with skillful footballers that can play the Continental style the Manager is trying to bring into the Club. How beautiful was it to watch Stones those last 10 minutes pinpoint and distribute some beautiful passes in The Cup game?
Average players out first before Manager goes for me...

Don't mind his right wing fascist rethoric, if I was a mod I'd ban such opinions.

In all fairness John stones seems able to do this system. Barkley too maybe (controversial but not entirely sure). But mainly it is foreign players who can play that way

I'm terrified that we'll just continue like this til the end of the season and..

But I tyink Roberto could build something here, if he gets us out of this mess we're in and is backed again (ha it'll be money in) but similarly i don't want to see us sleepwalk to relegation so if it's looking that way then he'll need to go. Hopefully we won't get to that
Yes. Sorry we posted at the same time ....and I mentioned Stones ;)

Ok so relegation

Oh really, so that's why we had Neville and Heitinga sometimes even together in mid field on numerous occasions. Moyes was noted for Sq peg syndrome

Jesus wept, we haven't reached the stage where we're quoting for authority the thoughts of people who still think the earth is flat and point up at aeroplanes with their mouths open have we?!

Mate. If the plotters thought it would aid their cause they'd burn at the stake anyone who did not espouse such views.

Youve seen this by some of their posts in the past 4 weeks. Or more.

Lets say how many backers he has when we get taken apart tomorrow and draw against WBA

Even the players have basically come out and said they do not like his approach, That's why they went to him telling him to change it up

Can't think of any other manager in the PL who would have a team of this quality sitting in such a bad position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back